The Manager Merry-go-Round

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Celtic were badly exposed in Europe again this season though to be fair.
You’re saying that like it’s not expected. Scotland isn’t a top 8 league based off UCL pot 1 allocations. Ranks below Austria.

Rangers only made a final this season after getting a 2nd chance in a weaker competition. Even then had to struggle past Armenian giants Alashkert.

Thistle

Norm Smith Medallist
May 12, 2011
AFL Club
Fremantle
Other Teams
Chelsea, ICT, Glory
You’re saying that like it’s not expected. Scotland isn’t a top 8 league based off UCL pot 1 allocations. Ranks below Austria.

Rangers only made a final this season after getting a 2nd chance in a weaker competition. Even then had to struggle past Armenian giants Alashkert.
Rangers have overperformed after missing out on the CL group stage. Getting past Dortmund, Leipzig, and Red Star is an impressive feat.

On the other hand Celtic have underperformed massively the past few years. Champions league football will be a big test for Ange.

Maybe. Rangers have had some big scalps in Europe this season. That would appeal to European clubs more than winning the Scottish League imo.

Ange has turned the club around and comprehensively outplayed Rangers in almost every game they've faced them in. He's brought in players on the cheap and built a strong squad. Would think that should appeal more.

Is it Viera for sure? Frank managed Brentford in their first season in the top flight, on what I presume is a much smaller budget.

Palace have had some great scalps but I personally think Frank has done a better job comparatively.

Palace had almost their entire squad leave, a new manager to the league come in, and were widely tipped to go down. What he's done is remarkable.

Brentford have been carried in the second half of the season by the Eriksen signing, they were looking awful before he got in the team.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Dec 22, 2009
South End, AAMI Park
AFL Club
Hawthorn
Other Teams
Matildas/Socceroos/LFC/MVFC/RCStrasbourg
Palace had almost their entire squad leave, a new manager to the league come in, and were widely tipped to go down. What he's done is remarkable.

Brentford have been carried in the second half of the season by the Eriksen signing, they were looking awful before he got in the team.

Brentford had a great start to the season. Wouldn't say they were awful prior to Eriksen.

Brentford had a great start to the season. Wouldn't say they were awful prior to Eriksen.

I didn't mean from the very start of the season, but after Raya's injury they completely stopped.

Sep 7, 2008
AFL Club
Carlton
Other Teams
Philadelphia Eagles

I'm certainly not suggesting it's not impressive, I just think Brentford have been more impressive than Palace, accounting for both their situations before the season started.

Eriksen has absolutely helped but not sure why that should count against Frank. His system is allowing Eriksen to flourish.

Either of Frank or Viera would be worthy winners though.

Dec 22, 2009
South End, AAMI Park
AFL Club
Hawthorn
Other Teams
Matildas/Socceroos/LFC/MVFC/RCStrasbourg
I'm certainly not suggesting it's not impressive, I just think Brentford have been more impressive than Palace, accounting for both their situations before the season started.

Eriksen has absolutely helped but not sure why that should count against Frank. His system is allowing Eriksen to flourish.

If anything it was a bold move by Frank signing Eriksen considering his time out of the game and heart issues. It has paid off spectacurlarly.

Pre-season I was expecting Brentford to finish above Palace though, Brentford are very well set up. Maybe that's a credit to Frank in and of itself, but the fact Viera exceeded expectations is a bigger achievement IMO.

If anything it was a bold move by Frank signing Eriksen considering his time out of the game and heart issues. It has paid off spectacurlarly.

It was very good but I don't think you hand out manager of the season awards for signing a player. Not like he plucked Championship players out of sides and put them together and revolutionised the team's playing style in the space of two months..

My bad, I don't spell French haha.

Don't see the big issue missing out a letter in a pretty uncommon name. Not like those who misspell Maguire lol.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back