Review 2022 Mid Season Draft - Wednesday June 1 @ 6.30pm

Harlequin Dream

Club Legend
Dec 19, 2016
AFL Club
Essendon
Other Teams
Memphis Grizzlies
Max Pescud is averaging 19 touches and 1.6 goals this year. In with a chance?

Sep 15, 2007
AFL Club
Hawthorn
Loads of talent now. This is exciting. Not too fussed with the hawks recent losses

We missed out on Logan MacDonald because we beat GC in round 18 and Sydney cleverly decided to mess up multiple chances against the Cats.

This time we play GC on the eve on the draft again..

Oct 12, 2007
The Hills
AFL Club
Port Adelaide
Wow...there is such as a thing as balance. A lot of these draft picks are produced by these clubs, who produce talent and try and win premierships and while they are successful they can continue to produce draft picks.

If clubs did their research then the young players would be picked in the draft or pre-season.

If they really have injury issues they should use a player from their state league host/partnership club. No need to disrupt the premiership plans of other clubs.

How many drafts do you want for clubs to dot the i's and cross the t's

As much as I like the big league, it's not all about the big league.
What % of these players are playing at the club that developed them?

Shoestar

Debutant
May 17, 2014
AFL Club
West Coast
Anyone have the link for the WAFL vs SANFL replay. I couldn’t find any link on the AFL website where it’s supposed to be. As an eagles supporter there’s not much to look forward to besides the draft and mid season draft this year 😅

Futbolista

Club Legend
May 15, 2012
AFL Club
GWS
What % of these players are playing at the club that developed them?
In the SANFL/WAFL?

Well, all!

That's how the development system works in those states.

In the WAFL, a player will start off with 14's development squad, 15's development squad, 16's futures and then colts. From there the WA State academy picks those that they rate the most and with zoning a player is bound by their residence.

It's the WAFL clubs in conjunction with junior/country clubs that get these guys up and about.

Or did you mean something else because now that I've read your post again, I'm unsure

Last edited:
Aug 9, 2019
Victorian Central Highlands
AFL Club
Adelaide
Other Teams
Panthers, GWV Rebels, Central Augusta
Big fan of Bauer right now. Very talented in the air, reads the flight very early, protects the drop zone and has great hands.

I also love his combination of pace on the lead with his ability to easily kick over 50 m.

Looks like a great medium forward prospect.
Rowey reckons Adelaide have shown interest in big bodied Glenelg midfielder Brett Turner. He did have an outstanding game against the Crows SANFL team a couple of weeks ago.

Ramsden getting pumped up as an early MSD pick, but do any of the top 3 clubs in this draft really need a 19yr old ruck?

I assume they’d all draft best available regardless.
Reckon cats are currently #2 in this draft and are currently rucking their best full back as a full time ruck.

No way strom nominates unless a club has said they will take him. You would think freo but they dont need key defenders. I wouldnt be unhappy if we took him actually.

Reckon cats are currently #2 in this draft and are currently rucking their best full back as a full time ruck.

We wont be #2 by the time the draft happens as clubs like nth and wce will lti players to open up spots so we might end up with like pick 6/7.

Back