• Other

Votes: 23 17.4%

• Total voters
Jul 25, 2019
AFL Club
Carlton
Other Teams
Leeds United
You got kissed on the dick by the fixture. Relax. Beat a top 7 team first.

You played one and we know how that turned out.

View attachment 1401666

And my point still stands. You're not winning the flag this year and Voss needs time to achieve that goal. Don't come at his throat later when you're given a fixture that doesn't flatter you.

Who said Carlton are winning the flag this year ? I certainly don't.
Most of us are reasonably measured and realistic about our chances this year, just enjoying and taking it one week/game at a time

Feb 8, 2012
Publican Baghdad Ritz
AFL Club
Carlton
Other Teams
Baghdad Bombers
lol. Obsessed much?

I think you will find I made a number of very positive comments about Voss when he was appointed.
Not at all but please clarify this sentence.

SOS recruited far too many unprepared to play a role.
morning GIF

Not at all but please clarify this sentence.

morning GIF

Plse stop sending me your self portraits.

Let's say you have a look at players like Dow, SPS (gone) and Fisher and their inability to play roles they were not playing when drafted. Stocker by contrast will not make a mid but he has buckled down and made himself a well regarded small defender.

Carlton were right to move SOS on. Even the trades have got better. Compare McGovern and Martin with Cerra and Hewett.

OnceWeWereKings

Premiership Player
Oct 23, 2007
Melbourne
AFL Club
Carlton

View attachment 1401666

And my point still stands. You're not winning the flag this year and Voss needs time to achieve that goal. Don't come at his throat later when you're given a fixture that doesn't flatter you.
I’m fairly relaxed. You’re the one that seems to be getting all excited 😊
Don’t expect to win the flag, though we’re a better shot than some 😂

Kreuuuzeurns

Brownlow Medallist
Sep 25, 2013
AFL Club
Carlton

View attachment 1401666

Nice melt

Feb 8, 2012
Publican Baghdad Ritz
AFL Club
Carlton
Other Teams
Baghdad Bombers
Plse stop sending me your self portraits.

Let's say you have a look at players like Dow, SPS (gone) and Fisher and their inability to play roles they were not playing when drafted. Stocker by contrast will not make a mid but he has buckled down and made himself a well regarded small defender.

Carlton were right to move SOS on. Even the trades have got better. Compare McGovern and Martin with Cerra and Hewett.
Easy to cherry pick and not mention a spine that will set Carlton up for a long period of sustained success, H,Charlieand Weits and an awesome utility in his son. Plow is solid and by all reports Marchbank is back tracking nicely.

View attachment 1401666

This is coming from the guy who said Melbourne aren't that good. Your analysis means nothing.

BigFrizz36

Norm Smith Medallist
Mar 20, 2017
AFL Club
Carlton
You can't do s**t in 2 years.

When Carlton appoint a coach, you better start being more realistic and give a man at least 3 or more to actually do something.

You need to accept the fact that you're not gonna be that good for a while and hope you somehow get ahead of schedule. It's better to over-deliver than to under-deliver.

This "can you smell what they're cooking" s**t needs to stop. You are a rabble, you haven't done anything in 26 years, you've won more spoons than finals. It's time to wake up, stop smelling your own roses, bite the pillow and aim for long-term success with short-term pain. The time for using your big club status to absolve you of your disfigurement is over.

Carlton still hasn't escaped out of this old-world mentality and that's their issue.
I'd actually prefer to call you wrong.

View attachment 1401666

How many points start are you giving the Carlton rabble against your "well run Club" in a few weeks time? Asking for a friend.

Tell you what - to make it easier for you how about Carlton puts an injury line through the following starting players from round 1 : McDonald| McGovern| Pittonet | McKay | Williams and just for LOLs we play Cripps and Silvagni as rucks.

Nov 8, 2007
Melbourne
AFL Club
Carlton

View attachment 1401666

7-2 vs 2-7

dont blame the fixture son

Nov 13, 2015
In Transit
AFL Club
Carlton
You can't do s**t in 2 years.

When Carlton appoint a coach, you better start being more realistic and give a man at least 3 or more to actually do something.

You need to accept the fact that you're not gonna be that good for a while and hope you somehow get ahead of schedule. It's better to over-deliver than to under-deliver.

This "can you smell what they're cooking" s**t needs to stop. You are a rabble, you haven't done anything in 26 years, you've won more spoons than finals. It's time to wake up, stop smelling your own roses, bite the pillow and aim for long-term success with short-term pain. The time for using your big club status to absolve you of your disfigurement is over.

Carlton still hasn't escaped out of this old-world mentality and that's their issue.

Enjoy a bold prediction, even moreso from a supporter of a team that hasn't been able to win a final for close to 2 decades. Then being up and about after an 11 win season off a soft draw, to now sitting at 2 - 7

DamoESP

Norm Smith Medallist
Aug 2, 2008
Perth
AFL Club
Carlton
Other Teams
San Antonio Spurs, Dallas Stars
Generally what happens is when you beat a team, they end up below you.

We played the Hawks when they were in the top 4 and beat them so we have beaten a "top 7 team" at the time, or is there an arbitrary point in the season where your "beat a top 7" team starts to count?

Also, why did you decide top 7 instead of the top 8 (which at least would be understandable as top 8 play finals).....let me guess, its because Richmond are currently 8th, who we beat, so it wouldn't fit your little narrative?

And? We're currently 2-2 against top 8 sides, with a chance at the next two... one of the losses being by 15 points. That'd put us in the 8 if we continue that form.

Melbourne are still 2nd and will get May back, writing them off now just reinforces my point even further.

Jun 9, 2007
Awareness
AFL Club
Essendon
And? We're currently 2-2 against top 8 sides, with a chance at the next two... one of the losses being by 15 points. That'd put us in the 8 if we continue that form.

Have only not lost to 1 top 8 team. 1. Bulk of wins concentrating at the bottom, bulk of losses concentrating to those closest to the 8. That clearly shows you've been kissed on the dick by the fixture and my point that the Blues will do nothing but make up the numbers and be shown up by the sides in contention for the finals is correct in hindsight.

Melbourne are still 2nd and will get May back, writing them off now just reinforces my point even further.

My point, which you loved to bring up externally, about Melbourne wasn't that they were completely written off, it was that they weren't that good - as their run of games until then was perceiving the masses to believe - that they were due for being shown up which would cast doubts on their early form, which is now correct in hindsight.

Bang, bang, bang all correct in hindsight. You're too far up your own backside to muster the courage to just be up front about that, even when you brought up an external point to discredit my opinion it was still thrown back in your face not too long after.

Your analysis means nothing.

Last edited:

Blue1980

Brownlow Medallist
Jun 9, 2011
Melbourne
AFL Club
Carlton
Other Teams
Arsenal
Have only not lost to 1 top 8 team. 1. Bulk of wins concentrating at the bottom, bulk of losses concentrating to those closest to the 8. That clearly shows you've been kissed on the dick by the fixture and my point that the Blues will do nothing but make up the numbers and be shown up by the sides in contention for the finals is correct in hindsight.

My point, which you loved to bring up externally, about Melbourne wasn't that they were completely written off, it was that they weren't that good - as their run of games until then was perceiving the masses to believe - that they were due for being shown up which would cast doubts on their early form, which is now correct in hindsight.

Bang, bang, bang all correct in hindsight. You're too far up your own backside to muster the courage to just be up front about that, even when you brought up an external point to discredit my opinion it was still thrown back in your face not too long after.

We have only not won against one top 8 team.

Am I doing this right?

Oh dear.

chunkylover53

Norm Smith Medallist
Aug 13, 2008
From Where You'd Rather Be
AFL Club
Carlton
Has our fixture turned out that easy? We play the below twice:

Richmond
Fremantle
GWS
Adelaide

2 of those are top 8 (potentially top 4).

GWS are average but always dangerous.
Adelaide are trash.

Seems pretty stock standard to me.

Fwiw Collingwood went 1-7 against top 8 teams in 2018 then stumbled into the GF. Kinda a flawed argument most years.

Back