Traded Izak Rankine traded to Adelaide with #46 & F4 (Freo) for #5, F3 & F4

Remove this Banner Ad

With current numbers.Sounds like attitude.
A building side it'll be too big of a risk.
But a club inside the window would be a risk worth taking.
So a pick from say 15 to 18.
Jesus Christ, if someone offers the GCS that for Rankine, they should take it and run.

He has a Paddy Dow level value, surely.

Entering his 4th season now (albeit 2 of those seasons have been significantly affected by COVID), I think we need to wait another 1-2 years before reserving judgement. The pressure on him is definitely magnified by the fact that other players taken around his part of the same draft have shown a lot more - Walsh, Smith, Rozee, King twins. Has shown some brilliance, but very inconsistent. Probably escapes the limelight up on the GC, which sounds like it suits him but maybe is not the best for his football development. I personally think he won’t be at GC in 2-3 years time.

Looking into it a bit more, he really has been shithouse this year.

Through 5 games has given away double the number of free kicks as he laid tackles. That's abysmal.

If the Suns are at all serious about improving, he simply cannot be named in the senior side next weekend. They're playing a man short.

Bit of Troy Menzel syndrome imo.

When have the Crows ever paid overs to get a player to their club?

It's more of an issue that they've never done it, so clubs like Carlton can waltz in and offer $800k for McGovern and he leaves, or $750k to Zac Williams and he chooses them.

I would think going to a very strong coaching panel like the Crows, with Nicks, Scott Burns, van Berlo, Rahilly etc would really help him.

I don't think the Crows have a very strong coaching panel tbh.

The fact Carlton have paid (at least financial) overs for players in the past, is nothing to do my main point in that under your current coaching staff and culture, I don't trust the Crows or Port Adelaide to get the best out of Rankine (well maybe less so Port to be honest)

It does seem likely he is more likely than not to stay at the Gold Coast anyway (think Lukosius is almost certainly going though)

I don't think the Crows have a very strong coaching panel tbh.

The fact Carlton have paid (at least financial) overs for players in the past, is nothing to do my main point in that under your current coaching staff and culture, I don't trust the Crows or Port Adelaide to get the best out of Rankine (well maybe less so Port to be honest)

It does seem likely he is more likely than not to stay at the Gold Coast anyway (think Lukosius is almost certainly going though)
Most of Port's coaching staff have left and they haven't been able to afford to replace them.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Do you have any kind of source / proof for this?
It’s patently true that our coaching panel is diminished after Voss left for Carlton and Schofield to be 2IC at West Coast. I’d have thought that would be true or most clubs if you compared coaching structures to pre-COVID though.

Entering his 4th season now (albeit 2 of those seasons have been significantly affected by COVID), I think we need to wait another 1-2 years before reserving judgement. The pressure on him is definitely magnified by the fact that other players taken around his part of the same draft have shown a lot more - Walsh, Smith, Rozee, King twins. Has shown some brilliance, but very inconsistent. Probably escapes the limelight up on the GC, which sounds like it suits him but maybe is not the best for his football development. I personally think he won’t be at GC in 2-3 years time.
To be fair he's realistically only in his third year. 2019 he didn't play a game as he had injuries for the whole year.
He played 12 in 2020, 18 in 2021 and 6 so far in 2022 for a total of 36 games.
Walsh has played 68 games, Smith 74, Rozee 67, Max 46 (had ACL) and Ben 53.
I'm not saying he couldn't do more but he's only played roughly half the games of those you listed. He also loves it on the GC probably because he does escape the limelight

It was a comment three comments removed from the topic.

I was hardly the only offender here
The comment you replied to was is reference to Ports ability to get the best out of him due to losing coaching staff.
If he leaves the Suns the most obvious place would be to one of the Adelaide teams.
Relevant to Rankine. Geelong not mentioned.
I'm not saying you are the only offender, I'm not going to comment on stuff from a month ago:thumbsu:

The comment you replied to was is reference to Ports ability to get the best out of him due to losing coaching staff.
If he leaves the Suns the most obvious place would be to one of the Adelaide teams.
I'm not saying you are the only offender, I'm not going to comment on stuff from a month ago:thumbsu:
Maybe I didn't read back far enough, I thought he was just whinging about coaching turnover.

Also, I could have sworn I wrote this month's ago not last Friday.

He was obviously referring to Port being unable to afford to replace coaches.
Stop being a flog.

Still think he's Paddy Dow after the last 2 games?

Rankine is a top-shelf gun

Crows fan with an obvious agenda.

Gold Coast at long last , actually seem like building a good team with a future there, definitely seem to have a much brighter future than the Crows, and I think Lukosius is likely off to Port (who haven't got the capital or cap space to trade for both)

99 % staying at The Suns I would say

Remove this Banner Ad

Back