Next Seasons List Management And Delistings

Remove this Banner Ad

Where your club is at ahead of the Sign and Trade Period

Richmond

A key defender should be top of Richmond's list, with Harriet Cordner (ACL) out of action for the remainder of the year.

The Tigers were exposed at times in the absence of 35-year-old tall forward Courtney Wakefield (shoulder), and don't have a heap of depth in the area.

A strong ball-user out of defence may also tidy up some deficiencies in that area.

Confirmed list departures: Nil (Akec Makur Chuot to Hawthorn rumored)

Possible ins: Grace Egan has requested a trade from the Carlton to Richmond

Gutted we missed out on a chance at getting Bonnie Toogood (touted her much ealier in the season past)- exactly what we need imo - she and a quality mid would have set us up for a leap into next season - Grace Egan helps probably, and admittedly with McKenzie back to her best after a pre-season (hopefully) we are not too badly off midfield wise, but let's face it anyone will help after Molan's input in the season past. Just one really good quality mid shy in the rotation I reckon.

Is anyone else getting nervous about how so far (apart from Chuot) none of our girls seem to be on the radar to be poached?

Is anyone else getting nervous about how so far (apart from Chuot) none of our girls seem to be on the radar to be poached?

I think our group is pretty tight - won't surprise if only a fringe or two are lost. Great leadership works a treat!

Gutted we missed out on a chance at getting Bonnie Toogood (touted her much ealier in the season past)- exactly what we need imo - she and a quality mid would have set us up for a leap into next season - Grace Egan helps probably, and admittedly with McKenzie back to her best after a pre-season (hopefully) we are not too badly off midfield wise, but let's face it anyone will help after Molan's input in the season past. Just one really good quality mid shy in the rotation I reckon.
Ellie mck was pretty disappointing on return , admittedly missed most of pre season but never got warm not even close. Expecting much Improved year and I agree Egan will round out a decent midfield , would dearly love to add another trade of egans qty , that would really leap us ahead of a few

I reckon their is a fair chance McKenzie will follow Molan to the Dawks next year. Watch this space. If the Dawks pick up Molan then its on.

McKenzie would be on a Tier 2 (Conti & Brennan would be our Tier 1s) contract at best with us whilst she'd walk straight into a Tier 1 (plus big marketing $) at the Dawks.

Last edited:
I reckon their is a fair chance McKenzie will follow Molan to the Dawks next year. Watch this space. If the Dawks pick up Molan then its on.

McKenzie would be on a Tier 2 (Conti & Brennan would be our Tier 1s) contract at best with us whilst she'd walk straight into a Tier 1 (plus big marketing $) at the Dawks.

What is the special connection between EllMack and Molan that you are alluding to?

What is the special connection between EllMack and Molan that you are alluding to?

i think Lord of the Wings is talking about social media like instagram, lots of photo's and comments
yes Ell Mack and Molan are very close, but so are all of our players in this way, they catch up regularly

to pick out Ell Mack and Molan is folly, you might as well pick any of our girls as they're all very close
even some previous players like Laura Baily and Ella Wood still post remarks on our girls social media

as i've posted before, where do you think the approx $300K went, when we chose not to have a stand alone VFLW side and align with Port ?
it went to the 10 - 15 players that are very well paid, in comparison to other clubs top player's

maybe none of our girls seem to be on the radar to be poached, is because none want to leave ?
no expansion team will pay crazy money for someone like Molan, just to bait Ell Mack

but yeah good luck with that assumption Lord of the Wings
anyway i thought he's on the she's a bad player train

Tier's mean * all when your talking about payment packages, tier's are only a small part of it
Additional Services: for marketing purposes and Employment Agreements: having a job at the club (producing a podcast, coaching role, private sponsorship's ie Puma boots.are the key component

goes to show how little you know Lord of the Wings how our players get paid
example, you do know about our sponsor Fulton Hogan construction

this sponsorship has seen our players take up roles within Fulton Hogan work sites to give players the financial means and workplace flexibility to focus on playing football at both AFLW and VFLW level.
Iilish Ross and Tayla Stahl are 2 that work for them (on tier 3 or 4 i'd guess)

so Hawks, or Dons for that matter, are going to offer some kind of "magic beans" payment package that we don't already equal or pay more for McKenzie ?
Why Bates, Kearney or Riddell and not Conti ? because she's one of the top money earners in the AFLW as is Brennan
we pay our players very, very well

i'll wait for your Nostradamus foresight, with great anticipation

Last edited:

Tier's mean fu** all when your talking about payment packages, tier's are only a small part of it
Additional Services: for marketing purposes and Employment Agreements: having a job at the club (producing a podcast, coaching role, private sponsorship's ie Puma boots.are the key component

goes to show how little you know Lord of the Wings how our players get paid
example, you do know about our sponsor Fulton Hogan construction

this sponsorship has seen our players take up roles within Fulton Hogan work sites to give players the financial means and workplace flexibility to focus on playing football at both AFLW and VFLW level.
Iilish Ross and Tayla Stahl are 2 that work for them (on tier 3 or 4 i'd guess)

so Hawks, or Dons for that matter, are going to offer some kind of "magic beans" payment package that we don't already equal or pay more for McKenzie ?
Why Bates, Kearney or Riddell and not Conti ? because she's one of the top money earners in the AFLW as is Brennan
we pay our players very, very well

i'll wait for your Nostradamus foresight, with great anticipation
LOL - Whatever sooky. Your a salty campaigner when u are grumpy SJ

So, do you have a half coherent response as to why you have alluded there is a connection between Ellmac and Molan?

Ellie mck looks pretty solid with the group , I’d be very surprised if she split on that basis

So, do you have a half coherent response as to why you have alluded there is a connection between Ellmac and Molan?
There’s a several insta pics that suggest they’re mates ,,,,some rocket science applied means where one goes the other certain to follow ,,,like that always happens 🙄

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Inactive players: Who's out, who's a chance to come back?

Richmond said the playing status of Iilish Ross (leg) and Hannah McLaren (illness) was yet to be determined.

Harriet Cordner, Hannah Burchell (Richmond) will miss the season due to knee reconstructions

Even less reason then, and I don’t doubt could be true , likely explanation on very ordinary form , would be well advised let her mate play footy elsewhere

Akec Makur Chuot has informed the Club of her decision to join expansion team Hawthorn for the next AFL Women’s Season.

Nooooooooooo
😞

I knew we were gonna lose some from expansion but OH THIS ONE HURTS, THIS ONE HURTS BAD

she's nearly our best player after Conti & Brennan, i'm gutted 😂 😂 😂
Lol you sarcastic @#&$# , I gotta hand it to Akec for attitude , nevEr have I seen a more enthusiastic player than her , she would have been terrific for the playing group , good luck to her and haw will need a lot of luck too if their marque signings are akec and molan , strewth

she's nearly our best player after Conti & Brennan, i'm gutted 😂 😂 😂

Wings nearly tipped this!

Honestly think losing Sophie Locke to the Dawks is a bigger loss, aside from the wonderful camaraderie Akec has displayed at the Tiges!

Last edited:
Last season's league was a nine-round competition followed by finals which ended with an April 9 Grand Final.​
Players want more rounds, given the increase in the number of clubs, but McLachlan hinted that may not be granted.​
"Broadly speaking, the female playing cohort want to play a longer season," McLachlan said.​
"It's also our view is we're bringing four more teams on board and we want to consolidate before we expand.​

Not on the same planet as Gil for so many reasons, and this is no different. The game will get better as more games are played, and while I understand that might make the 4 new Clubs stretched a little if running out a longer season is too hard for them, give them a bit deeper list that has to be pruned back. Did it for the Giants and Suns wack back then. Have to play each other once surely!!!! Time to go Gil!

Last season's league was a nine-round competition followed by finals which ended with an April 9 Grand Final.​
Players want more rounds, given the increase in the number of clubs, but McLachlan hinted that may not be granted.​
"Broadly speaking, the female playing cohort want to play a longer season," McLachlan said.​
"It's also our view is we're bringing four more teams on board and we want to consolidate before we expand.​

Not on the same planet as Gil for so many reasons, and this is no different. The game will get better as more games are played, and while I understand that might make the 4 new Clubs stretched a little if running out a longer season is too hard for them, give them a bit deeper list that has to be pruned back. Did it for the Giants and Suns wack back then. Have to play each other once surely!!!! Time to go Gil!

agree Phar Ace, 9 games again with 18 teams is like playing half a season
usually takes 2 - 3 games to get the players going, leaving only 6 games to play at peak performance, it's a joke
this coming season has been a total balls up by the AFL (Gill)

i don't believe a longer season would hinder the expansion clubs
i think the problem is that the AFL will probably be paying 6 month contracts with the new CBA, it's all about the money or lack of it due to the hit the AFL took with covid and no crowds
clubs having to operate with reduced caps (soft cap still in place)
hit their revenue and have been playing catch up since

agree Phar Ace, 9 games again with 18 teams is like playing half a season
usually takes 2 - 3 games to get the players going, leaving only 6 games to play at peak performance, it's a joke
this coming season has been a total balls up by the AFL (Gill)

i don't believe a longer season would hinder the expansion clubs
i think the problem is that the AFL will probably be paying 6 month contracts with the new CBA, it's all about the money or lack of it due to the hit the AFL took with covid and no crowds
clubs having to operate with reduced caps (soft cap still in place)
hit their revenue and have been playing catch up since

Yeah, fair call, money talks - either they can fund it or they can't - perhaps the rush of all Clubs needed to be slowed. Can't believe for one minute that this wasn't foreseen. Gil is a "looks" person - that holds up only so long!

Remove this Banner Ad

Back