List Mgmt. 2022 Trade & List Management Thread

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Yep, if we don't get a PP this year then I have no understanding of why the thing even exists.
Yeah I think the results will speak for themselves at years end and it will be painfully obvious we need priority picks

We are 8 wins in 3 years and 2 years prior to that were 1 win off the spoon also

I think never having had one also softens the backlash from other clubs

Le Grille

Cancelled
Veteran 10k Posts Werewolf Player SFA Good Friday Appeal North Melbourne - 2018 Luke Davies-Uniacke and Paul Ahern Player Sponsor BeanCoiNFT Investor North Melbourne - 2017 Junker and Wagner Player Sponsor Podcaster Zombie Lover A Star Wars Fan
Feb 14, 2005
AFL Club
North Melbourne
I like your optimism but i doubt it. We did this to ourselves through shocking list management.
Again isn’t that why most teams find themselves in that position

I like your optimism but i doubt it. We did this to ourselves through shocking list management.
What freak of nature event caused Hawthorn, Carlton, Collingwood, St Kilda, Bulldogs, Melbourne to earn multiple priority picks? It obviously wasn't "shocking list management".

Le Grille

Cancelled
Veteran 10k Posts Werewolf Player SFA Good Friday Appeal North Melbourne - 2018 Luke Davies-Uniacke and Paul Ahern Player Sponsor BeanCoiNFT Investor North Melbourne - 2017 Junker and Wagner Player Sponsor Podcaster Zombie Lover A Star Wars Fan
Feb 14, 2005
AFL Club
North Melbourne
What freak of nature event caused Hawthorn, Carlton, Collingwood, St Kilda, Bulldogs, Melbourne to earn multiple priority picks? It obviously wasn't "shocking list management".
Eagles too

I agree on Walker we desperately need some VFL assistance from senior footballers. It's embarrassing and no place for young men to learn their trade currently. He'd earn more money playing local footy than VFL unfortunately. So I guess he'll remain in the seniors as we have no on else.

Unless we trade....

Yeah you're probably right about Jed, as we won't have Goldy next year and so we will be weaker again. Did we give up pick ten for Jed- anyone?
Pick 5, Ryan Burton, Noah Bolta and Josh Kelly.

You can't be serious? If either are there next year we are totally taking the piss.
Unless we bring Sam Walsh and Harris Andrews in they will be there. We have no choice.

Norm Smith Medallist
Sep 20, 2018
AFL Club
North Melbourne
I think turner and Jwalker will survive due to other deadwood being worse.
And who would of thought Josh would of outlasted the other Walkers on our list.

Players out of contract this year with the potential delistings (my thoughts) marked with an asterisk:

NameFinal YearYears Service*Status
Aaron Hall20224Non-Free Agent
Atu Bosenavulagi*20222Non-Free Agent
Bailey Scott20224Non-Free Agent
Ben Cunnington202213Unrestricted Free Agent
Cameron Zurhaar20226Non-Free Agent
Curtis Taylor20224Non-Free Agent
Flynn Perez20223Non-Free Agent
Jed Anderson20227Non-Free Agent
Joshua Walker*20223Non-Free Agent
Kayne Turner*20229Restricted Free Agent
Kyron Hayden*20225Non-Free Agent
Lachie Young20222Non-Free Agent
Matthew McGuinness*20223Non-Free Agent
Patrick Walker*20222Non-Free Agent
Todd Goldstein*202216Unrestricted Free Agent
Tom Lynch*20221Non-Free Agent
Tom Powell20222Non-Free Agent
Tristan Xerri20225Non-Free Agent

(Log in to remove this ad.)

shimaburnsgrieg

Premiership Player
Apr 1, 2017
AFL Club
North Melbourne
If you are going to make a statement like 'freak of nature' then at least understand the rules.

Priority picks pre 2012 were based on a straight formula of games won - there was no 'AFL discretion' as there is now.

The clubs you are referring to played the game according to the rules then and received the PP's associated with that - irrespective how well or otherwise they managed their list.

The rules have been changed now for a decade now hence only in exceptional circumstances are PP's awarded.

shimaburnsgrieg

Premiership Player
Apr 1, 2017
AFL Club
North Melbourne
Unless we bring Sam Walsh and Harris Andrews in they will be there. We have no choice.
Well they won't have to be that standard of player to replace them but you would hope we can find a suitable replacement(s) for Walker at the state league, junior level and then be able to play them with an eye to 4-5 years down the track.

As for Turner he should be testing his FA rights.

When he realises no one wants him we should then be offering to rookie list him. However that won't happen of course as the club would look foolish having a leadership group figure effectively delisted in their prime years - so he will no doubt be offered a new contract so the club can save face.

If you are going to make a statement like 'freak of nature' then at least understand the rules.

Priority picks pre 2012 were based on a straight formula of games won - there was no 'AFL discretion' as there is now.

The clubs you are referring to played the game according to the rules then and received the PP's associated with that - irrespective how well or otherwise they managed their list.

The rules have been changed now for a decade now hence only in exceptional circumstances are PP's awarded.
Can you refer me to the rule that mentions "exceptional circumstances" and then elaborate on what exceptional circumstances Gold Coast encountered?

Aug 25, 2006
Mount Waverley
AFL Club
North Melbourne
But that’s how every club that gets to this position.

You don’t get as horrible as we are from great list management decisions.

If being bad and making great list management decisions were the criteria for a PP then it would be rarer than a unicorn.

The PP’s were brought in to help clubs bounce back off the bottom quicker. Now granted that is because they didn’t want to see the big clubs wallow down the bottom of the table too long, but that was the idea behind it.

Does anyone really think that if Collingwood was in this same situation that the AFL wouldn’t issue a PP? Of course they would because a struggling Collingwood is bad for business.

Our problem is that North being on the bottom of the ladder is not hurting the bottom line, so they will come up with some lame excuse as to why we don’t need any help.

Le Grille

Cancelled
Feb 14, 2005
AFL Club
North Melbourne
Well they won't have to be that standard of player to replace them but you would hope we can find a suitable replacement(s) for Walker at the state league, junior level and then be able to play them with an eye to 4-5 years down the track.

As for Turner he should be testing his FA rights.

When he realises no one wants him we should then be offering to rookie list him. However that won't happen of course as the club would look foolish having a leadership group figure effectively delisted in their prime years - so he will no doubt be offered a new contract so the club can save face.
so let me get this straight you want us to decline even further?

Look Turner is what he is, he’d be a mid/ lower part of the 22, I do think his position is a small defender but hasn’t played much there.

Again this walker hatred is absolutely ******* bizzarre, yes the guy makes blunders but no more than any other player on this list including our “stars”, he also has done some great defending, considering how unfettered the ball is coming into defence he’s done a fine job. Same with young. I’m willing to forgive the mis kicks out of defence because there appears to be no options when coming out of defence.

Am I suggesting that either are premiership list quality, not by any means but things would be a lot worse if they weren’t around.

There are other players you could delist to pick up these mythical “capable state league guys” who by the way would be just as poor (your sentiment not mine).

Kangaroos techno

Premiership Player
Feb 4, 2021
AFL Club
North Melbourne
Can we hire Roos back...just for a few months.

Only way I see us getting a decent priority pick.

If you sent him to AFL HQ with a North polo on the AFL wouldn't stand a chance. A few winks here and there and a couple of handshakes and he'd probably walk out with more concessions than GWS. Get him to do the North presser and the AFL media would be eating out of his palm too. All he'd have to do is refer to them as 'Damo', 'Tomo' etc. and they'd turn into 13 year old girls at a 'One Direction' concert.

If the AFL has taught me anything it's not what you can prove...it's which private school boy you have with the most pull.

images

Last edited:

Norm Smith Medallist
Sep 20, 2018
AFL Club
North Melbourne
Can we hire Roos back...just to a few months.

Only way I see us getting a decent priority pick.

If you sent him to AFL HQ with a North polo on the AFL wouldn't stand a chance. A few winks here and there and a couple of handshakes and he'd probably walk out with more concessions than GWS. Get him to do the North presser and the AFL media would be eating out of his palm too. All he'd have to do is refer to them as 'Damo', 'Tomo' etc. and they'd turn into 13 year old girls at a 'One Direction' concert.

If the AFL has taught me anything it's not what you can prove...it's which private school boy you have with the most pull.

images

Roosy was no private school boy. Donvale High School all the way.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back