List Mgmt. Welcome to the Suns, Mabior Chol.

Remove this Banner Ad

The Kings Ransom

Premiership Player
Aug 30, 2021
AFL Club
Gold Coast
So far this year he's kicked 15.5. Not a bad return averaging just over 2 goals a game. Happy with that
Yes, for sure.
What he does is really quite good.

With ongoing cohesion, further pre seasons, he should be able to get more involved and have greater influence.
With his athleticism, I'd like to see him run away from other ruckman and get involved in link up play when he is playing back up ruck.

GC2015

Norm Smith Medallist
May 27, 2013
AFL Club
Gold Coast
Chol neally kicked Days max season goal tally in 6 games
Jokes on us the past 10 years
In retrospect, it's really hard to believe that Day's best return for a season was just 19 goals and that was a year in which he played all 22 games. Day was taken with pick 3 and was the highest picked key forward in the 2010 draft class, which included other key forwards who have had 50+ goal seasons like Tom Lynch, Jack Darling and Tom McDonald.

Then you look at a rookie pick in Chol who has already kicked 14 goals for us this season in just 7 games or another rookie pick in Casboult who has kicked 16 goals for us this season in just 7 games. It looks extremely likely that both Chol and Casboult will surpass Day's best season haul before the mid-season bye which really rams home the point that Day never became the key forward we needed him to be. I really like Sam and respect his loyalty to our club but you can't ignore statistics like this.

Hopefully the club learns from this and recruits more Chols and Casboults in the future instead of persevering with the Days of the AFL world for 10 years.

The Kings Ransom

Premiership Player
Aug 30, 2021
AFL Club
Gold Coast
In retrospect, it's really hard to believe that Day's best return for a season was just 19 goals and that was a year in which he played all 22 games. Day was taken with pick 3 and was the highest picked key forward in the 2010 draft class, which included other key forwards who have had 50+ goal seasons like Tom Lynch, Jack Darling and Tom McDonald.

Then you look at a rookie pick in Chol who has already kicked 14 goals for us this season in just 7 games or another rookie pick in Casboult who has kicked 16 goals for us this season in just 7 games. It looks extremely likely that both Chol and Casboult will surpass Day's best season haul before the mid-season bye which really rams home the point that Day never became the key forward we needed him to be. I really like Sam and respect his loyalty to our club but you can't ignore statistics like this.

Hopefully the club learns from this and recruits more Chols and Casboults in the future instead of persevering with the Days of the AFL world for 10 years.
Glad you are just realising Sam Days actual AFL output after 12 years at the club

Jun 7, 2018
AFL Club
Gold Coast
Other Teams
Tampa Bay Buccaneers, Subiaco Lions
Surprised there's not more chatter about this fella.

I was more bummed to see him go than I was for CCJ.

Very glad to see him having a good year.

Is a gun. My favourite Sun to watch this year. I admittedly squeal like a lil bitch every time it goes his way.

Nov 17, 2009
Gold Coast
AFL Club
Gold Coast
King of the Kids
My 2 burst at the seams when he gets a touch
Just love how he takes responsibility and says"leave it to me-it's my job to kick goals"
I get what some Richmond supporters say about his attack on the ball, but I think most of that is his apparent nonchalant persona
Hits the packs as hard as anyone and can lay a tackle

Jessbek

Club Legend
Mar 24, 2012
AFL Club
Gold Coast
Other Teams
Arsenal, Arizona Cardinals
Surprised there's not more chatter about this fella.

I was more bummed to see him go than I was for CCJ.

Very glad to see him having a good year.
He is a stud, I was thinking the same thing during the game - very little chatter. Also very much close to my favourite sun this year.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

RowellAnderson12

Norm Smith Medallist
Nov 4, 2019
AFL Club
Gold Coast
Other Teams
Liverpool, Max Verstappen, Pacers, DR3
I'm happy to admit I got it wrong too.

Although I was firmly on the Levi train.

Yep Loved the Levi pick up, exactly what we needed.

These two have turned out to be an amazing duo

Jul 21, 2010
Gold Coast
AFL Club
Gold Coast
Other Teams
Philadelphia 76ers
mabior chol.

RowellAnderson12

Norm Smith Medallist
Nov 4, 2019
AFL Club
Gold Coast
Other Teams
Liverpool, Max Verstappen, Pacers, DR3
What's his ceiling? Finally getting some consistent game times in a pretty repetitive role. So excited to see where the next 12 months take him

Hopefully an accurate sharpshooter who provides plenty of entertainment for the crowd.

Clearly loved by the club already

Nov 23, 2015
AFL Club
Richmond
This is potentially wishful thinking on my behalf but how great would it be if Chol turned into a star forward for us? Local guy heads to a traditional powerhouse Melbourne club and is there during an extremely successful period before returning home and becoming a star for us. Reminds me of the thoughts I was having about Kurt Tippett in 2012 when it looked certain that he was heading home to become our star key forward.

With the possible exception of Harbs, we've never really had a star player that was homegrown. It's about time we change that!
Dreams can come true ;)
Isn't it funny how a bunch of us rued missing out on Callum Coleman-Jones and ending up with the supposed Plan B in Mabior Chol.

Jeez hasn't that looked the opposite way round at the moment. Chol looks to be thriving with consistent game time and CCJ is languishing in the twos for the worst team in the comp.

Big fan of Chol's game and reckon he might become a gun if he stays injury free.
I posted somewhere on the suns board that Chol was the better option for the suns when he accepted the suns offer and im glad its turning out that way
I was more keen on CCJ… thank god the suns scouts are better than me

I think that was more luck than design to be honest , The suns made CCJ a bigger offer for more $$$ and longer time than North but CCj wanted to go to north for some stupid reason ( Hi nickname is zombie and his GC antics with kebab gate pretty much tells me his not the smartest tool in the shed leaving Richmond and knocking back suns to go to north)

But in all seriousness just about every single richmond supporter would be over the moon with how well Marbs is going and wish him all the best and hope he has a great career at the suns. He is a favorite Sun of all Tiger fans and we take alot of pleasure watching him do his thing and succeed as we are with our other 2 boys in Brando & Oleg

Well done 2phones

Now can we please take our father son back

Remove this Banner Ad

Back