The Greens

Remove this Banner Ad

what is it about **** shaming?

I actually find it a positive that females drop the conservative stance and liberate themselves. If that means bonking someone, having a wank or whatever floats their boat; then well done to them!

We should celebrate people for being themselves rather than hiding or denying themselves.

**** shaming does so much harm to society.
Just revisited the OP of this thread.
Seems the comment was about the way the Senator was seated more than her libido.

Funny how many jumped straight to the assumption it was anything more?
Hollie Hughes is no saint either.
I think she was the one who started the Liberal Women's "justme" movement.

Not feasible for everybody of course but Australians need to get around the idea of living in places other than the major cities.

I personally couldn't respect someone who didn't live in a major city.

What in particular would you say has impressed you?

they have kept on message, and not got sucked into ultimatums

they have also steered clear of issues set up to distract and refocus the attention of the election. Case in point, Deves. She was put up to get the left to steer hard into trans rights as an election issue. They responded, and then frankly ignored her as she deserved.

Outcome was she just looks like an extreme nutter, and the greens focus on being a responsible leader in the crossbenches, a party focused on getting a decent carbon reduction target, and a party focused on local constituency issues was maintained.

also big improvement on the candidate vetting over last election (virtually no issues this year, which shows a massive improvement on last election)

I understand why Lidia Thorpe is disliked by some people, because she's outspoken, abrasive, and not afraid to argue. And she's said a few regrettable things. But so have many politicians. Reading about her life, I couldn't help but feel, she is a strong woman, raised by strong women, and that's something that makes her valuable to the national dialogue, particularly as an Aboriginal person.

Also interesting to note Labor wanted her to run for them before she chose the Greens. Remember that, if in future you hear Labor or their supporters attack her.

Think one thing they've done well is not dip their toes in every issue which i think has been an issue in recent campaigns. Whilst valid or not there simply isn't benefit in getting involved in every single issue.

Pretty well measured campaign, will be interesting to see how they perform.

I understand why Lidia Thorpe is disliked by some people, because she's outspoken, abrasive, and not afraid to argue. And she's said a few regrettable things. But so have many politicians. Reading about her life, I couldn't help but feel, she is a strong woman, raised by strong women, and that's something that makes her valuable to the national dialogue, particularly as an Aboriginal person.

Also interesting to note Labor wanted her to run for them before she chose the Greens. Remember that, if in future you hear Labor or their supporters attack her.

I don’t think she went hard enough at Hollie Hughes, and the apology was disappointing (although I understand why it was necessary).

Up until Sunday or so, there was not much I could fault the Greens for. They have kept their head down and not executed any counterproductive stunts.

But then they release their seven demands for the ALP in their balance-of-power wishlist, which the ALP couldn't reasonably agree to. Too soon guys, too soon.

Then it transpires that Adam Bandt has been in Hunter. It's not as bad as organising a convoy, but I don't know what he thinks he'll accomplish there.

But then they release their seven demands for the ALP in their balance-of-power wishlist, which the ALP couldn't reasonably agree to.
Of course the ALP won't agree to all of it. Negotiations start by each side having a positions that favours them, and then they meet in the middle. So long as they're not asking for the earth (which they aren't), I don't see an issue in outlining an ideal wishlist. Compromises will be made.

Too soon guys, too soon.
Why's that?

(Log in to remove this ad.)

The Greens are benefiting from the fact that the ALP is backing in the Stage 3 tax cuts. I mean, if you can't argue against a policy that largely benefits higher income earners, you can't really call yourself a progressive party. At least the Stage 1 & 2 tax cuts benefited low and middle income earners - the Stage 3 cuts, on the other hand, are an assault on the progressive taxation system and the Greens are quite rightly opposing them.

Of course the ALP won't agree to all of it. Negotiations start by each side having a positions that favours them, and then they meet in the middle. So long as they're not asking for the earth (which they aren't), I don't see an issue in outlining an ideal wishlist. Compromises will be made.

I agree, but the problem is that they come off as being overly ideological. Given their reputation, that doesn't seem like something worth risking.

Why's that?

Please see above.

To be fair, Labor also elected Mark Latham as party leader once. That doesn't make his current opinions beyond reproach.
Now while that's true, I'm sure plenty of Labor stans defended him when he was leader, during the handshake affair and all. The point I'm making is, many politically engaged people are steadfastly partisan, and some who disapprove of Thorpe would be defending her now if she had accepted Labor's wooing.

Now while that's true, I'm sure plenty of Labor stans defended him when he was leader, during the handshake affair and all. The point I'm making is, many politically engaged people are steadfastly partisan, and some who disapprove of Thorpe would be defending her now if she had accepted Labor's wooing.

But Labor cheerleaders would defend Putin if he was their leader!

Up until Sunday or so, there was not much I could fault the Greens for. They have kept their head down and not executed any counterproductive stunts.

But then they release their seven demands for the ALP in their balance-of-power wishlist, which the ALP couldn't reasonably agree to. Too soon guys, too soon.

Then it transpires that Adam Bandt has been in Hunter. It's not as bad as organising a convoy, but I don't know what he thinks he'll accomplish there.
Yeah, I shook my head at the "seven demands" thing as well.

All it has done is to spook people who were ready to turf out Morrison. This smells like Bob Brown all over agin - short sighted, foolish behaviour. They are cutting off their nose to spite their face. Don't these pretentious gits understand that without the ALP occupying the treasury benches, they are irrelevant?

Maybe it's all about having having some of the disguised bourgeoisie sitting in Parliament so as to con the well meaning into continually voting for them so they can pretend that they are, "making a difference".

Yeah, I shook my head at the "seven demands" thing as well.

All it has done is to spook people who were ready to turf out Morrison. This smells like Bob Brown all over agin - short sighted, foolish behaviour. They are cutting off their nose to spite their face. Don't these pretentious gits understand that without the ALP occupying the treasury benches, they are irrelevant?

Maybe it's all about having having some of the disguised bourgeoisie sitting in Parliament so as to con the well meaning into continually voting for them so they can pretend that they are, "making a difference".
Yeah how dare anyone want to improve the life of ordinary people and state that as a position to begin negotiations with.

I felt a little embarrassed for you when reading that post, because you sound like a bad parody of fresh Young Labor recruits.

Yeah how dare anyone want to improve the life of ordinary people and state that as a position to begin negotiations with.

I felt a little embarrassed for you when reading that post, because you sound like a bad parody of fresh Young Labor recruits.
You completely missed the point! I am not talking about or condemning the Greens or anyone that wants to improve the lives of everyday people (the only "ordinary" people are LNP f****rs). I am saying that the morons of the Greens organisation just don't f****ng understand that having one or two seats in the Reps is completely and utterly irrelevant - it's like **** on a bull!

Having numbers in the Senate is also irrelevant if the Bills coming up from the Representatives are LNP Bills. Going around scaring the horses and making spectacles of themselves in districts where they have absolutely no f****ng chance of picking up any extra votes let alone seats, is suicidal for all the great ideals and outcomes that the Greens and others like me want to see happen.

Don't you get it? You need brains to succeed in politics. I despise Morrison but he uses his evil brain to get results for his supremacists and the filth of the LNP . Why the f*k would you want to give the *** a helping hand just like Brown did in Queensland during the last election campaign?

You can only do things by being in Government and for the Greens, that means de facto Government with the ALP. If the ALP do not control the treasury benches then the Greens are just an absolute waste of time - they are in effect, the archetypal "fairies at the bottom of the garden" and that is a terrible situation for Australia in general.

You said in your post #992 above, "many politically engaged people are steadfastly partisan" and you have described yourself absolutely.

I, like you, support what the Greens want to achieve. I want an ALP Government Federally but for f***'s sake, let's not ignore the stupidity of what those two Parties do from time to time and certainly don't disparage those who point out the sheer political madness of what they do.

Last edited:
You completely missed the point! I am not talking about or condemning the Greens or anyone that wants to improve the lives of everyday people (the only "ordinary" people are LNP f****rs). I am saying that the morons of the Greens organisation just don't f****ng understand that having one or two seats in the Reps is completely and utterly irrelevant - it's like **** on a bull!
Nice melt bro.

Don't you get it? You need brains to succeed in politics. I despise Morrison but he uses his evil brain to get results for his supremacists and the filth of the LNP . Why the f*k would you want to give the *** a helping hand just like Brown did in Queensland during the last election campaign?
Yes, yes, everything is a helping hand to the LNP. Sure. By the way, Bob Brown was as much a Green in 2019 as Mark Latham was Labor. Former leaders who had nothing formally to do with the party anymore.

You can only do things by being in Government and for the Greens, that means de facto Government with the ALP. If the ALP do not control the treasury benches then the Greens are just an absolute waste of time - they are in effect, the archetypal "fairies at the bottom of the garden" and that is a terrible situation for Australia in general.
Why is it terrible?

You said in your post #992 above, "many politically engaged people are steadfastly partisan" and you have described yourself absolutely.
I never pretended otherwise. I freely admit to being partisan.

I, like you, support what the Greens want to achieve.
Do you? You consistently post as though you don't.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back