Not open for further replies.

RowellAnderson12

Norm Smith Medallist
Nov 4, 2019
AFL Club
Gold Coast
Other Teams
Liverpool, Max Verstappen, Pacers, DR3
Buddy out of contract this year, Jesinta has hinted they want to spend more time with their grandparents.

Buddy to Suns?

Buddy, King, Chol, Levi 2023 we play finals 100%

Jirik13

Norm Smith Medallist
Jan 22, 2018
AFL Club
Gold Coast
One thing is to play finals, the other one is to win it all. Not sure how getting 30+ old players on decline would help us achieve the ultimate goal while not even considering the impact on salary cap.

Do we have most pieces already on the list? Probably. If we are close to finals this year and it looks like possibility right now we may have a chance to attract top quality in 25-26 bracket. That should be the focus. Forget Buddy and Martin.

Mar 14, 2014
AFL Club
Gold Coast
Other Teams
Las Vegas Bears
One thing is to play finals, the other one is to win it all. Not sure how getting 30+ old players on decline would help us achieve the ultimate goal while not even considering the impact on salary cap.

Do we have most pieces already on the list? Probably. If we are close to finals this year and it looks like possibility right now we may have a chance to attract top quality in 25-26 bracket. That should be the focus. Forget Buddy and Martin.
We learnt that lesson with Malceski

Southern Sun

Club Legend
Mar 6, 2020
AFL Club
Gold Coast
Agree with franklin unless he was really cheap. Dusty though would put us right in premiership contention, not sure we can afford the salary though.

KingCoasters

Senior List
Jun 22, 2020
AFL Club
Gold Coast
Sam Edmund said on SEN today that Caleb Graham has some demand from other clubs. Two first rounders for this star thanks :drunk:

Jun 7, 2018
AFL Club
Gold Coast
Other Teams
Tampa Bay Buccaneers, Subiaco Lions
Smh another player we trade away for peanuts who will turn into a star
If people moan about us allowing Graham to move to another club I'm gonna lose it with you lot. Every time he plays this whole board lose their s**t with Dew.

On Pixel 6 Pro using BigFooty.com mobile app

KingCoasters

Senior List
Jun 22, 2020
AFL Club
Gold Coast
If people moan about us allowing Graham to move to another club I'm gonna lose it with you lot. Every time he plays this whole board lose their s**t with Dew.

On Pixel 6 Pro using BigFooty.com mobile app
Personally, I’d help pack his bags. But there has to be a reason Dew seems to like him so much and clearly other teams see something. He is also 21, probably 2-3 years away from being AFL level.

Mar 14, 2014
AFL Club
Gold Coast
Other Teams
Las Vegas Bears
Personally, I’d help pack his bags. But there has to be a reason Dew seems to like him so much and clearly other teams see something. He is also 21, probably 2-3 years away from being AFL level.
Thats my thinking too, he is 21 years old and clearly learning. He won't cost much, is local and has development left, if we can hang on to him I would prefer it.

Jun 7, 2018
AFL Club
Gold Coast
Other Teams
Tampa Bay Buccaneers, Subiaco Lions
Thats my thinking too, he is 21 years old and clearly learning. He won't cost much, is local and has development left, if we can hang on to him I would prefer it.

I think we hang on to him. He hasn't been awful and a half developed key backman doesn't grow on trees. Currently decent depth.

The Kings Ransom

Premiership Player
Aug 30, 2021
AFL Club
Gold Coast
Other teams are just wanting to save a few years developing a youngster.

He can jump and spoil.
You could just about call his short kicking solid.

Game sense, marking needs serious improvement.

There’s no doubt we’re better team with Thompson. Keep graham for another couple of years before we decide. If he’s 23-24 and can’t play - ship him off. 21 too early to say.

Ben Mackay didn’t even play 15 games before he turned 23.

Oct 24, 2008
Mermaid Beach
AFL Club
Gold Coast
Other Teams
GWS, Celtics, 76ers
Buddy out of contract this year, Jesinta has hinted they want to spend more time with their grandparents.

Buddy to Suns?

Buddy, King, Chol, Levi 2023 we play finals 100%
Hell no there won’t be any coke left for the rest of us.

Ohh sorry that was a medical “ episode” when he blind sided all those cars and drove off

Sniff

briztoon

Wannabe Draft Nuffie
Nov 28, 2015
Brisbane
AFL Club
Brisbane Lions
Other Teams
NUFC, Philadelphia 76'ers
Should we draft Casey Voss at the mid-season draft in two weeks from now? He was the standout during the SANFL v WAFL game over the weekend and won the BOG medal. We'll definitely have a pick before Brisbane and it's fair game at the MSD where no club has exclusive rights to anyone. It feels like a move that would be a akin to Port Adelaide drafting Chad and Kane Cornes after their father Graham made a name for himself as the head coach of the Crows and made it very clear that he hated Port Adelaide. That move alone did wonders for the Showdown rivalry in South Australia. The Voss name is famous in Queensland football and this is quite possibly our best chance to get one back on the Lions for them stealing our players/juniors like Zorko, Beams, Lyons and Ah Chee.

Casey was born in Queensland and lived in this state until the age of 13 so you could definitely consider him a local. I think it'd be a great story for our club and one that would absolutely stoke the fire in terms of the QClash rivalry. I'd like to see it if for no other reason than increasing our list depth with a talented kid who is already a bit more physically mature at 21 years of age.
Er, what?

We didn’t steal any of those players from you.

The Kings Ransom

Premiership Player
Aug 30, 2021
AFL Club
Gold Coast
Would we consider bringing pescud back into the fold? At MSD or a later pick end of year?

Having a great year with Southport.
Potentially replacing Alex sexton on the list if secco can’t seriously raise his game in last half of the year. Good way to keep payments balanced and has shown he can play against AFL reserves sides at 19 years old. Get the feeling he could be a nick Martin type ‘bolter’.. despite regularly performing well at lower levels.

Averaging 19 possessions, 4.5 marks, 3 tackles, 11 goals in 7 games.

D697CCA4-71D5-48BA-8919-F6B010CE4DDD.jpeg

Sun Stormer

Mature Age Recruit
Jul 27, 2018
Gold Coast
AFL Club
Gold Coast
For those who keep an eye on the young talent coming through - Jarrod Eckersley and Marlin 'Fish' Corbitt are both playing in the VFL game this weekend - so check 'em out. These two boys are my tip for this year's draft - they have a good chance of getting selected. Cody Harrington seems to have gone off the boil but these two are firing.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back