Status
Not open for further replies.
Dec 21, 2018
Bay 314
AFL Club
Port Adelaide
Other Teams
Man Utd, Boston Celtics, Patriots
Havent really heard much regarding Liverpool and transfers. Diaz was meant to be this summer but we got him 6 months early. Carvalho will arrive but he's young. I guess we because we've been so involved in all competitions the fan base havent really been talking transfer rumours. Im sure it will heat up after the CL final.

Not being arrogant but it gets to a point where I dont know how we improve our squad, like how do you get much better at this point? The obvious one would be one more quality midfielder. That would be about it though I'd say. Maybe a back up RB of similar quality to Tsimi...
I wouldn't think you would hear anything until epl and ucl are both over with.

Oct 5, 2007
Yorta Yorta country
AFL Club
Western Bulldogs
Other Teams
BlueCo
Any good?
He seems a pretty good LWB prospect, TBH I'd prefer to spend money on the RWB to back up James and just use Emerson or Maasten as our back up LWBs to Chilly(whos back training again).

If we are after a LWB Cucurella is who I'd target, would be perfect for TTs football.

Sep 9, 2015
AFL Club
Carlton
Bissouma is off so not sure we'd be under any financial pressure to sell Cucu. Up to the player I guess then if he wants the move right after being named player of the season.

Cucurella going to City to sit on the bench for 30m. Interesting timing for that story after last night's conversation.

What LB issue do City have exactly? Cancelo is one of the best full backs in the league and Walker very good at right back, with Zinchenko very strong cover. 30m on another cover option just seems strange.

Aug 16, 2011
Melbourne
AFL Club
Hawthorn
Other Teams
Arsenal
Cucurella going to City to sit on the bench for 30m. Interesting timing for that story after last night's conversation.

What LB issue do City have exactly? Cancelo is one of the best full backs in the league and Walker very good at right back, with Zinchenko very strong cover. 30m on another cover option just seems strange.
At the moment we have two senior fullbacks. Walker and Cancelo. Zinchenko is capable of filling in but may be off in the summer.

Then we're looking at Stones, Ake (who may be off in the summer) or as we saw against Madrid Fernandinho (who is off in the summer)

We're really not overstocked, for me I'd bring someone in on the right before the left (I don't like Cancelo on the right if Walker is injured/rested) but if Zinchenko goes we'll need someone on both sides.

For most sides it would.be considered sensible squad planning.

DBAH0

Brownlow Medallist
Oct 5, 2004
Austin, Tejas
AFL Club
Geelong
Other Teams
Hammers, Austin FC

I suppose the way Zinchenko played against Bowen might have made Pep's mind up on that. Definitely was at fault for the 2nd goal playing him on.

Guess Walker will be what 33 next season, wonder how long he has as a first teamer at City actually.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

At the moment we have two senior fullbacks. Walker and Cancelo. Zinchenko is capable of filling in but may be off in the summer.

Then we're looking at Stones, Ake (who may be off in the summer) or as we saw against Madrid Fernandinho (who is off in the summer)

We're really not overstocked, for me I'd bring someone in on the right before the left (I don't like Cancelo on the right if Walker is injured/rested) but if Zinchenko goes we'll need someone on both sides.

For most sides it would.be considered sensible squad planning.

Didn't know Zinchenko was leaving, fair enough.

Didn't know Zinchenko was leaving, fair enough.
He might not be, he's been linked away before and stayed. But either way, he's a midfielder that covers at left back. We wouldn't want to rely on him playing week in, week out if Walker or Cancelo gets injured/suspended.

I suppose the way Zinchenko played against Bowen might have made Pep's mind up on that. Definitely was at fault for the 2nd goal playing him on.

He's been pretty good since he came into the side, but was a nightmare on the weekend.

Guess Walker will be what 33 next season, wonder how long he has as a first teamer at City actually.

He's really important to our defence, but I reckon he'll be the type that declines quickly. Once the legs go, maybe he'll even move into the centre as a backup. Fullback in Peps team no place for an old man, but hopefully he has another year or so left.

Marcel Proust

"Oohh WADA ooga booga" {Jul 11 2013}
Sep 6, 2018
#BigBigSound
AFL Club
Richmond

+50 million quid Mendy too.

Wage structure

Bissouma is off so not sure we'd be under any financial pressure to sell Cucu. Up to the player I guess then if he wants the move right after being named player of the season.
He did say he wanted the bench to avoid speaking English haha. Guess Pep took him seriously.

Sporting have taken up their option to buy Porro. £7m is the fee. We can buyback for £16.8m, anyone else can buy for £37.8m.

There was some talk that they would take up their option and sell him on straight away, but sounds unlikely now.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back