List Mgmt. 2022 List Management and trading thread

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Interesting that Hamish mentioned they really rate Sandy Dragons over ager Lachlan Carrigan but they can't pick him because he hasn't played at all for 2 years due to Covid and a long term injury after showing great promise as an under ager in 2019, I wonder if we'd consider him as a train on player this pre-season if he's good to go now. A speedy hard running winger/outside mid over 190cm and a December birthday so not 19 yet either. Tested brilliantly too back before the 2020 season was wiped out 2.91 20m, 21.6 Yo-Yo and over 80cm vertical jump off both feet. Said we'll be keeping a close eye on his return to footy next year...why not get the early jump?

View attachment 1285391
MSD maybe...

Below are some of the notable performers across the Colgate Young Guns Series:

MASSIMO D’AMBROSIO

The rebounding defender from the Western Jets accumulated 24 disposals and nine rebound-50m in the win over Victoria Metro, before racking up 32 disposals and nine marks in the game against Victoria Country on Sunday. D’Ambrosio was a very clean ball user out of the back half and also spent time moving through the midfield.

LACHLAN CARRIGAN

Had 20 disposals and eight marks in the first game of the Series, but it was his second match against Victoria Country that drew high praise from the Colgate Young Guns coaching staff. The Richmond VFL-listed running defender had 22 disposals in the game at IKON Park, which included seven rebound-50m. His decision-making in picking the right times to run of his opponent was highlighted, along with his ability to change lines.

CHARLIE MOLAN

Was prominent in the win over Victoria Metro when he amassed 23 disposals and five inside-50m, before showing his versatility and moving to the half back flank in the second game against Victoria Country. The GWV Rebels product showed resilience to play out the second half while under injury duress in the second game and finished with 22 disposal and four tackles.

JAI CULLEY

Was dominant in the first half of the match against Vic Metro, racking up 16 disposals and four goal to help the Colgate Young Guns open a 27-point lead at the main break. Culley didn’t play in the second game of the series, but his efforts across the first two quarters in the match at Avalon Airport Oval were enough to showcase his tremendous potential.

HARRY SHEEZEL

The 17-year-old entered the match on the back of a dominant showing for Sandringham Dragons, where he collected 28 disposals and kicked 6.2 in the NAB League Boys win over Tasmania Devils. The only 2022 AFL Academy player named for Victoria Metro, Sheezel was named captain and displayed outstanding leadership qualities despite his side falling to a 59-point defeat. Was a presence both in the air and at ground level and finished with 5.0 from his 13 disposals.

JHYE CLARK

The Geelong Falcons midfielder was in the thick of everything early at IKON Park. Had 11 disposals in the opening quarter, before finishing the match with 29, along with six marks, five tackles and five inside-50m entries. His disposal tally was the second-most for Victoria Country, behind only fellow AFL Academy member Jason Gillbee (30).

Can get him on a 6 month contract if he nominates it, so won't be long term, just for the rest of the season.

I get vibes that Hamish doesn't ever massively rate the mid-year draft.
Why wouldn’t we want a feee hit, if they are no good. We can get rid of them at the end of the year. Plus the AFL have let you pick any 19 year old that missed out in the last draft, which is stupid in my eyes

I’m all for targeting an established talent such as how we targeted Dawson, we already know we need as much of that as we can get

When it comes to a 25yo lighting up the twos though, eight times out of ten you’re going to get a Patrick Wilson type. If your chances of drafting a list clogger are equal no matter what the age, you may as well get a younger player that you think you can squeeze a bit more development out of (particularly for a rebuilding club like us)

I get that thinking, but ultimately finding the right players is these guys job.

If they can’t get mature agers right they aren’t any more likely to get others right.

If we want to we have 2 spots for Sloane & Seedsman.

Given we are in rebuild mode, we should be using this opportunity to find new talent.
oh, dont worry…I know we have the opportunity to have those two spots openned up…

what is the worry is that the club havent moved at least one of the two guys to the inactive list yet.. and Nicksy said a few weeks back that we wont be picking anyone up in the MSD..

thats why I was asking if you, or anyone else here, had heard any new news that points to a change in this attitude from the club..

because its a bit pointless us all discussing any potential msd draftees until we know the club has changed its mind and is choosing to take a pick to the msd.

We've shown with Parnell that we're prepared to roll the dice on an undrafted kid midway through the season. Getting Nathan Freeman across for a trial run shows we're prepared to at least consider a mature age player.

We have quite a few guys out of contract this season and haven't announced as many needless early extensions as we usually do.

I'm confident we'll take someone.

Last edited:
How very interesting, particularly seeing as we were discussing 22 yr olds
Umm what?
DiT said over 22 not only 22.
The chain of discussion featured 2 players by name, the SANFL player we’re rumoured to be interested in, and Dawson. Both of whom I believe are 25 this year.

I would say you should follow the discussion more closely, but you were the one who mentioned Dawson in the first place. So are you taking the piss, or did you just forget which conversation you were in?

(Log in to remove this ad.)

We've shown with Parnell that we're prepared to roll the dice on an undrafted kid midway through the season. Getting Nathan Freeman across for a trial run shows we're prepared to at least consider a mature age player.

We have quite a few guys our of contract this season and haven't announced as many needless early extensions as we usually do.

I'm confident we'll take someone.
what makes you confident though?.

the fact we havent moved either of sloane or seed to the inactive list yet.. even though its been clear for weeks now that sloane, at the very least, isnt playing again until next year?..

or the fact that Nicksy himself said in an interview only a month or so back that we wouldnt be taking a pick in the MSD?…

what exactly is it that you believe points to us eventually taking a pick in the MSD.. I will say that i’m genuinely wondering and hoping you end up being correct..

what makes you confident though?.

the fact we havent moved either of sloane or seed to the inactive list yet.. even though its been clear for weeks now that sloane, at the very least, isnt playing again until next year?..

or the fact that Nicksy himself said in an interview only a month or so back that we wouldnt be taking a pick in the MSD?…

what exactly is it that you believe points to us eventually taking a pick in the MSD.. I will say that i’m genuinely wondering and hoping you end up being correct..
Because of the things I said

And why would we broadcast our plans beforehand?

Umm what?
DiT said over 22 not only 22.
The chain of discussion featured 2 players by name, the SANFL player we’re rumoured to be interested in, and Dawson. Both of whom I believe are 25 this year.

I would say you should follow the discussion more closely, but you were the one who mentioned Dawson in the first place. So are you taking the piss, or did you just forget which conversation you were in?

Lol you idiot. 😂

what spots?…

have we moved sloane and seed to the inactive list now?.. though the club, via Nicksy’s own words, said they wouldnt be taking anyone in the MSD?.. apparently we’re too “stacked“ already..

power have just moved Pacini to the inactive.. so they have a spot..maybe port have told him they want him..

They’d never put Sloane on the LTI, it’s a status thing

There are quite a few players who get drafted each year who have been eligible for previous drafts aren't there?
Geelong have taken Harry Taylor and Tom Stewart who turned out to be pretty handy.

There are gems there. This is just one of the ways that Hamish should earn his keep.
Correct. Guys like Butts, Murray, Murphy

Because of the things I said

And why would we broadcast our plans beforehand?
well lets just breakdown what you said then..

“We've shown with Parnell that we're prepared to roll the dice on an undrafted kid midway through the season. Getting Nathan Freeman across for a trial run shows we're prepared to at least consider a mature age player.”

with Parnell.. we had a spare list spot available without even needing to move a long term injured player to the inactive list.. this year we dont.. we have sloane and seed that we could possibly do it with but they are probably still clinging to the hope seed may be right for sometime in the second half of the season and maybe thinking that moving the captain to the inactive list isnt an option.

with Nathan Freeman.. I’d be more inclined to think he probably thought he might get a chance to be picked up in the MSD by the crows and in the past few weeks was actually informed that the crows arent going to be picking anyone up in the MSD.. so he’s gone back home to Vicco.

“We have quite a few guys out of contract this season and haven't announced as many needless early extensions as we usually do.”

in fact.. we actually have * all players out of contract this season..

DF1BBB2E-88E5-4E01-84D8-4B28FF0C2B2E.jpeg

out of those names I can really only see two or three players we might not hold on to..

-Davis i’d say will go
-one of frampton or himm but not both as we need to have at least some experienced/older tall KPD/KPF/ruck depth..
-maybe borlase?
-walker will get another year
I think the rest in newchurch, parnell, hinge, Nank, Gollant and Rowe will stay on..

rumours that we could be able to trade sholl to the blues.. but thats just a rumour..

rumours that we may have a chance at dunkley.. that, if it eventuated, would take a spot tho..

so there‘s not much room really considering we need to take some picks in the national draft and long term if we put seed or sloane on the inactive list we still have to have a free spot there for once they return from injury.. they cant just waltz on back in without a list spot available.

now if the list sizes return to pre-covid level then things open up.. but that aint happening prior to the MSD so really cant be factored in at this point can it…

“I'm confident we'll take someone.”

like i said.. i hope you are right.. but all the signs from the club currently point to the opposite being the safer bet…

well lets just breakdown what you said then..

“We've shown with Parnell that we're prepared to roll the dice on an undrafted kid midway through the season. Getting Nathan Freeman across for a trial run shows we're prepared to at least consider a mature age player.”

with Parnell.. we had a spare list spot available without even needing to move a long term injured player to the inactive list.. this year we dont.. we have sloane and seed that we could possibly do it with but they are probably still clinging to the hope seed may be right for sometime in the second half of the season and maybe thinking that moving the captain to the inactive list isnt an option.

with Nathan Freeman.. I’d be more inclined to think he probably thought he might get a chance to be picked up in the MSD by the crows and in the past few weeks was actually informed that the crows arent going to be picking anyone up in the MSD.. so he’s gone back home to Vicco.

“We have quite a few guys out of contract this season and haven't announced as many needless early extensions as we usually do.”

in fact.. we actually have duck all players out of contract this season..

View attachment 1403234

out of those names I can really only see two or three players we might not hold on to..

-Davis i’d say will go
-one of frampton or himm but not both as we need to have at least some experienced/older tall KPD/KPF/ruck depth..
-maybe borlase?
-walker will get another year
I think the rest in newchurch, parnell, hinge, Nank, Gollant and Rowe will stay on..

rumours that we could be able to trade sholl to the blues.. but thats just a rumour..

rumours that we may have a chance at dunkley.. that, if it eventuated, would take a spot tho..

so there‘s not much room really considering we need to take some picks in the national draft and long term if we put seed or sloane on the inactive list we still have to have a free spot there for once they return from injury.. they cant just waltz on back in without a list spot available.

now if the list sizes return to pre-covid level then things open up.. but that aint happening prior to the MSD so really cant be factored in at this point can it…

“I'm confident we'll take someone.”

like i said.. i hope you are right.. but all the signs from the club currently point to the opposite being the safer bet…
Every single thing you've said there is wrong.

Freeman wouldn't have even bothered in the first place if we weren't looking at the midseason draft as an option

Every single thing you've said there is wrong.

Freeman wouldn't have even bothered in the first place if we weren't looking at the midseason draft as an option
“every single thing you’ve said there is wrong”…

followed up by you making a completely unverifiable claim on Freeman and what he may or may not have thought might happen… and then doing absolutely nothing to refute anything else of what I wrote!..

am i wrong on who our current un-contracted players are am I?..

am i wrong on sloane and seed not yet being put on the inactive list am I?

am i wrong in stating that you need a free list spot available to bring a player back from the inactive list?

am I wrong in saying that it doesnt even look like the club is going to take a pick to the MSD when even Nicksy himself said exactly this just a few weeks ago?

am I wrong in which of the players I said we probably would keep and those we could possibly move on come season end?, if you think so.. well, go ahead, you are quite welcome to tell us all who you think is staying and going then..

you’ve made a claim that I’m wrong but provided sweet FA as to why.. that’s nice. care to elaborate?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back