Multiplat Rocket League

Remove this Banner Ad

Hadn't played the game in practically a month, thought I'd give it a go just before. Unsure if it's a special tournament setting or what buttt while the car physics were the same as I remember..... the ball physics seemed a bit slower (not like my previous post... but still). It was good in a way as it made the game EASIER to get back into (didn't take long for me to get my range going and score 2 goals!). It was just weird as the ball floated a lot more in the air than what I'm used to.

Starting to play this more often again since I've beaten Elden Ring.... twice now (a few games last week and this week, as opposed to 2+ hours a night lol). Ran into an interesting character during a 1 v 1 match

Emkqza6.png

I ended up winning 11 - 2, yet he still claimed he was the better player :p

mickelboy182

Brownlow Medallist
Sep 30, 2008
Melbourne
AFL Club
Carlton
Other Teams
Denver Nuggets
Starting to play this more often again since I've beaten Elden Ring.... twice now (a few games last week and this week, as opposed to 2+ hours a night lol). Ran into an interesting character during a 1 v 1 match

Emkqza6.png

I ended up winning 11 - 2, yet he still claimed he was the better player :p
Looks like you were being pretty tox in the first place, typically toxicity begets toxicity....

Looks like you were being pretty tox in the first place, typically toxicity begets toxicity....

Actually in that instance I was just responding to that player's own calls (didn't screenshot his initial chatter).
I tend to do "close one" if there was a legitimate close shot on goal from either side.... same with if there was a clever save from either team "what a save" gets used. If I'm ever viewed as toxic, it's when I use those instant chats to take the piss out of my own mistakes (as I've said before I'll WHAT A SAVE myself when I jump up, hit fresh air and completely miss the ball :p)

mickelboy182

Brownlow Medallist
Sep 30, 2008
Melbourne
AFL Club
Carlton
Other Teams
Denver Nuggets
What's everyone's thoughts on the new gamemode, I wrote it off as some dumb LTM but after you figure out how simple the controls are it's really fun.

Don't mind it, think it often runs a little long but that might be due to players learning. Think they could adjust it so the outer kill wall closes in sooner.

c435ce4a-a371-40d9-a390-68e76bc2f4ee_text.gif

zUL6SUP.png

First tournament win a week after making Rocket League my "main" game after shelving Elden Ring. This was a 2 v 2 tournament (have only been able to play after 8pm thus skipping the 3 v 3 events), we did pretty well - slaughtered most teams had 28 goals leading into the final vs the team that was third on the ladder with 15. We ended up finishing with 41 goals and they finished on 23, yes I was "carried" my teammate had more goals than me, but I contributed to the assists, saves and SOME goals of my own :p

Apr 30, 2021
AFL Club
Melbourne
Other Teams
Port Melbourne, Carlisle, Celtics, GCS
c435ce4a-a371-40d9-a390-68e76bc2f4ee_text.gif

zUL6SUP.png

First tournament win a week after making Rocket League my "main" game after shelving Elden Ring. This was a 2 v 2 tournament (have only been able to play after 8pm thus skipping the 3 v 3 events), we did pretty well - slaughtered most teams had 28 goals leading into the final vs the team that was third on the ladder with 15. We ended up finishing with 41 goals and they finished on 23, yes I was "carried" my teammate had more goals than me, but I contributed to the assists, saves and SOME goals of my own :p
What tourn rank?

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Might've gone up against you haha

Do you mainly play 2's?

In the tournaments I generally play whatever's available at the time, with the daylight saving time change for us and America I'm now only really able to play the 2v2 at 8pm on weeknights and the 3 v 3 at the earlier times on Saturday/Sunday. Late last year through to April this year I was usually able to play at least 1 3 v 3 event and the 2 v 2. I'm only starting to get back into it, well I did havea few games in April but still went back to Elden Ring more often. Now that I've played it to death, I'm back on Rocket League more.

When I play competitive games I'm actually playing 1 v 1 the most (that was if I fluff up I'm only taking myself out, rather than looking like a numpty with teammates :p). Otherwise I'm mucking around in casual.

Also re-read the last few pages, there's fierce debate about the legitimacy of my win/loss percentage ratio on my main profile :p (epic account linked pc/switch/ps4). Whereas my Xbox profile hovers around 63-64%.

Apr 30, 2021
AFL Club
Melbourne
Other Teams
In the tournaments I generally play whatever's available at the time, with the daylight saving time change for us and America I'm now only really able to play the 2v2 at 8pm on weeknights and the 3 v 3 at the earlier times on Saturday/Sunday. Late last year through to April this year I was usually able to play at least 1 3 v 3 event and the 2 v 2. I'm only starting to get back into it, well I did havea few games in April but still went back to Elden Ring more often. Now that I've played it to death, I'm back on Rocket League more.

When I play competitive games I'm actually playing 1 v 1 the most (that was if I fluff up I'm only taking myself out, rather than looking like a numpty with teammates :p). Otherwise I'm mucking around in casual.

Also re-read the last few pages, there's fierce debate about the legitimacy of my win/loss percentage ratio on my main profile :p (epic account linked pc/switch/ps4). Whereas my Xbox profile hovers around 63-64%.
Ahh okay, are you in the Pacific?

I'm trying to improve in 1v1s, but challenging 5050s is what's hard for me, you make one mistake and it's an open net, no teammate to help.

Win percentage doesn't matter anyways I don't think, I'm pretty sure it goes up for offline games even (bot games)

I haven't seen much convo about bakkesmod does anyone use that?

Ahh okay, are you in the Pacific?

I'm trying to improve in 1v1s, but challenging 5050s is what's hard for me, you make one mistake and it's an open net, no teammate to help.

Win percentage doesn't matter anyways I don't think, I'm pretty sure it goes up for offline games even (bot games)

I haven't seen much convo about bakkesmod does anyone use that?

I'm in Melbourne, just mentioning how with the time zone changes can impact my ability to participate in the nightly tournaments. When pur daylight saving time starts I can play more as the tournament times generally suit.

I prefer 1 v 1, I tend to play better (being responsible for my own attack and defence). My favourite type of 1 v 1 are the "struggle" games, where both of us try but fail to score and where there's a lot of aggressive play... only for the floodgates to open after 3 minutes or so.

Apr 30, 2021
AFL Club
Melbourne
Other Teams
I'm in Melbourne, just mentioning how with the time zone changes can impact my ability to participate in the nightly tournaments. When pur daylight saving time starts I can play more as the tournament times generally suit.

I prefer 1 v 1, I tend to play better (being responsible for my own attack and defence). My favourite type of 1 v 1 are the "struggle" games, where both of us try but fail to score and where there's a lot of aggressive play... only for the floodgates to open after 3 minutes or so.
Ahh okay

How'd you improve at 1s, I'm thinking I just grind it because that's all you can really do.
It's strange how I'm diamond 2 or something in 2s and silver in 1s 😂

Ahh okay

How'd you improve at 1s, I'm thinking I just grind it because that's all you can really do.
It's strange how I'm diamond 2 or something in 2s and silver in 1s 😂

Just practice (in game), that's how I gradually got better. I know how to angle the car to aim the ball on certain parts of the arena. That said I don't always maintain my composure and can rush things which either leads to jumping too early or too late.

Depending on my opponent I'll modify my playstyle (either aggressively target the ball, or if I'm being out muscled I'll target the opponent first (bump them off target) then try to move the ball to my advantage.

I'm more of a ground ball player, I'll leap off the wall to become airborne moreso than just jumping off the ground.

Apr 30, 2021
AFL Club
Melbourne
Other Teams
Just practice (in game), that's how I gradually got better. I know how to angle the car to aim the ball on certain parts of the arena. That said I don't always maintain my composure and can rush things which either leads to jumping too early or too late.

Depending on my opponent I'll modify my playstyle (either aggressively target the ball, or if I'm being out muscled I'll target the opponent first (bump them off target) then try to move the ball to my advantage.

I'm more of a ground ball player, I'll leap off the wall to become airborne moreso than just jumping off the ground.
Nice tips I'm doing some comp games in ones and I'm on a winning streak :D

Are you playing the 8pm tourn

Nice tips I'm doing some comp games in ones and I'm on a winning streak :D

Are you playing the 8pm tourn

Yes and inevitably the 8:15 2nd chance 9n the off chance I lose 1st round :p.

I jump to defend when its my turn and I'll jump for some shots at goal. What I don't do is launch off the ground and zoom around in the air with the boost, lise control too often which is dangerous.

Apr 30, 2021
AFL Club
Melbourne
Other Teams

I jump to defend when its my turn and I'll jump for some shots at goal. What I don't do is launch off the ground and zoom around in the air with the boost, lise control too often which is dangerous.
Sweet let us know if you need tm8

Yeah that's true, I learnt fast aerials and that changed my game.

mickelboy182

Brownlow Medallist
Sep 30, 2008
Melbourne
AFL Club
Carlton
Other Teams
Denver Nuggets

Like I was saying, great way to ensure you will peak at plat 😅

Back