Preview Changes vs Roos Rnd 10

Remove this Banner Ad

Dunstan had 32 touches and kicked 3 goals in the VFL. As nice as it would be to see Laurie debut or Bedford get a full run at it, hard to see anyone else taking Harmes spot other than him.

Bedford or Melksham as the sub.

Re Laurie as the sub, I agree with earlier comments that a debut is nicer if it's a full game where you actually get to make your mark.

Further to that being the sub normally means you might not play any football at all that week, especially if the VFL match occurs before the AFL match. Realistically someone younger and newer to the system but in good form like Laurie should be getting as many footy minutes under his belt as possible regardless of whether it's AFL or VFL.

Dunstan had 32 touches and kicked 3 goals in the VFL. As nice as it would be to see Laurie debut or Bedford get a full run at it, hard to see anyone else taking Harmes spot other than him.

Re Laurie as the sub, I agree with earlier comments that a debut is nicer if it's a full game where you actually get to make your mark.

Further to that being the sub normally means you might not play any football at all that week, especially if the VFL match occurs before the AFL match. Realistically someone younger and newer to the system but in good form like Laurie should be getting as many footy minutes under his belt as possible regardless of whether it's AFL or VFL.
Bedford was every bit as good as Dunstan.

I really want to see Bedford break into the team for a string of games, but no real spots up for grabs.
So in this scenario, I'd rather Melksham sitting on the pine, than Bedford.

.... gotta get Melk to the magical 200 somehow.

Let Bedford continue his great form at Casey, if he's not going to be in the 22.

I believe the club has been pushing roles over disposals and stats. So I suggest that whoever replaces Harmes will be able to fill his role. That might not be Bedford or Dunstan.

I really want to see Bedford break into the team for a string of games, but no real spots up for grabs.
So in this scenario, I'd rather Melksham sitting on the pine, than Bedford.

.... gotta get Melk to the magical 200 somehow.

Let Bedford continue his great form at Casey, if he's not going to be in the 22.
Is Melk anywhere near FS threshold for us? It's 100 games right? Did Bernie make it?

16 short for Melk.

I thought last game he did ok (Hawks I think).

He is at 196 games overall, be nice for him to get to 200 but I don't think this club hands out free games.
- I was surprised that North did not pick him up last year I think he could add to the leadership there for a year or two then retire.

just give us one game from majak daw

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Only thing I can think of is Melksham will be the sub and they want to give Bedford game time in the VFL as hes been sub so often

Disregard, Casey has a bye this week...weird choice playing Melk especially in indigenous round over Bedford.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back