A-League Men - 2021/22 Finals Thread

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.

A-League Finals week Two The Semi Finals

Tuesday 17th May
Western United V Melbourne Victory, First Leg
7:05pm EST, AAMI Park (live on 10 Bold, check local guides)

Wednesday 18th May
Adelaide United V Melbourne City, First leg
7:05pm EST, 6:35 CST Hindmarsh Stadium (live on 10 Bold, check local guides)

Predictions: MV 1-0 City V Adel 1-1

Top 4 has been settled, should be interesting to see how the 2 leg approach plays out.

Teams in the A League to generally have to a style they stick to, regardless of home or away.

FYI - no away goals either, so if we're all tied up at the end of the 2 legs it's off to extra time.

No friday game but a sunday one
Saturdays game on 10 rated worse than 10s sister channels
Cutting to an ad when a goal was on
Far too many sports/casual fans didnt even know the semis were over 2 legs

This move to Paramount/10 has been a complete and utter disaster. I play soccer and not a single person at the club even follows it anymore (small sample sure but relevant nonetheless). Add this to the socceroos not qualifying for the wc and the sports on its deathbed here.

No friday game but a sunday one
Saturdays game on 10 rated worse than 10s sister channels
Cutting to an ad when a goal was on
Far too many sports/casual fans didnt even know the semis were over 2 legs

This move to Paramount/10 has been a complete and utter disaster. I play soccer and not a single person at the club even follows it anymore (small sample sure but relevant nonetheless). Add this to the socceroos not qualifying for the wc and the sports on its deathbed here.
It was the wrong game to put on a Saturday night in the first place WU V Nix was never going to attract any viewership. Two leg semis with first leg finals mid week is piss poor no consideration for the fans and also disadvantages the elimination winners with quick turnarounds having to play three matches in a week! The APL should have just abandoned the two legs for this season. Don't know who's decision this was but its a very poor one.

I don't like Paramount plus either, I tried to watch the FA Cup final on Sunday Morning but it kept cutting off wouldn't even allow me to screen share so I just gave up and listened to the match on radio. the app is a disgrace needs major improvements before next season.

I've smashed a ton of football on P+ this season. I'm sure they'll improve their features lie Optus sport did over the years.

Only tech problem I've had was needing to reload a stream, but other than that it's been fine.

I do miss the ease of having the games on Fox sports, but those days for lots of sports are long gone

(Log in to remove this ad.)

The only thing Beath got right was waiving that one on. Simon Hill was spot on during the call, no one knows what handball is anymore

yeah I agree looking at it agin it would have been stiff on City if that was paid. they’ve been paid before you know, Who the hell knows what handball is these days.

100% the stupid part is that if he'd paid it, it wouldn't have been overturned on VAR. The system is broken
Handball needs to be defined in a more black and white approach instead of all these grey areas around it. It might be harsh but as long as its consistent it will be accepted.

A-League Finals week Two The Semi Finals

Saturday 21st May
Melbourne Victory V Western United, second Leg
5:10pm EST, AAMI Park (live on 10 Bold, check local guides)

Sunday 22nd May
Melbourne City V Adelaide United, second leg
2:05pm EST, 1:35pm CST Hindmarsh Stadium (live on channel 10, check local guides)

Predictions:
Victory 2-0 City 1-0

Last edited:
Handball needs to be defined in a more black and white approach instead of all these grey areas around it. It might be harsh but as long as its consistent it will be accepted.
I didn't mind the clearer definition last season, hits you hand in the box... It's handball. Harsher but clear. No need to judge intent of body position (all happening beat a split second). Now there is so much gray area any decision is right and wrong at the same time.

It was black and white last season and people absolutely blew up about it. Fans will complain about refereeing decision because that's what they're conditioned to do and it makes them feel good.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back