Injury Fremantle 2023 Injury Thread

Remove this Banner Ad

Say What Now Tv Land GIF by YoungerTV
That was sarcasm Snuff 😂 I would trust John Hughes more than Bell when it comes to injuries

I wouldnt get too excited, history shows the early week injury report is only an update on ones everyone knows about.

Fyfe without a return date still is annoying and Hamling has been a test for about a month now...

Daniels just mentioned on 7's Sport News that Fyfe had done some heavier work at training and asked Longmuir if he'd be back for the Melbourne game. Longmuir didn't rule it out but said more likely the Brisbane game because Fyfe need to load up on some more training and indicated that was the planned return game.

I'd say the might put Fyfe in for half a game at Peel before the Brisbane game.

Johnson had his "6 week" stress fracture how long ago is now returning in round 10...

Noddy could be done for the year
I think Johnson's was an impact break - someone stood on his foot or something like that? I can't believe I'm about to make excuses for our S&C team but given he'd only been at the club for 2 minutes I'll cut them some slack in not knowing how his body was going to respond to the treatment. Nod at least has a couple of pre-seasons under his belt so hopefully nothing similar.

Wasn't the reason for Johnson taking so long is because they initially decided against surgery and then after a few weeks had passed and it wasn't healing as expected they decided to proceed with the surgery? If they had gone with that from the start then he would have been back for several weeks now. Seems like they caught the stress fracture pretty early and have taken weight off that foot almost immediately, but it's still a 6-8 week injury. Then factoring in him building up fitness and match sim it does seem unlikely we'll see him back.

Wasn't the reason for Johnson taking so long is because they initially decided against surgery and then after a few weeks had passed and it wasn't healing as expected they decided to proceed with the surgery? If they had gone with that from the start then he would have been back for several weeks now. Seems like they caught the stress fracture pretty early and have taken weight off that foot almost immediately, but it's still a 6-8 week injury. Then factoring in him building up fitness and match sim it does seem unlikely we'll see him back.
I just dont think I've ever seen or heard of a foot fracture of any sort where they've come back early or as scheduled. He'll be given TBA for like 6 weeks and then they'll add 4 weeks on top of it something

Daniels just mentioned on 7's Sport News that Fyfe had done some heavier work at training and asked Longmuir if he'd be back for the Melbourne game. Longmuir didn't rule it out but said more likely the Brisbane game because Fyfe need to load up on some more training and indicated that was the planned return game.

I'd say the might put Fyfe in for half a game at Peel before the Brisbane game.
I’ll be absolutely astonished if Fyfe plays at Peel.
You wouldn't have put Black Caviar out at the Kalgoorlie cup to warm up for the big Group 1 races.
As soon as Fyfe is fit to play a game he will go straight into the AFL team.
The smart money says he’ll be in the top 3 players on the ground in his first game back too. It would just be his average game after all (1 Brownlow vote per game for his career, a truly incredible stat over a 200 game career)

I’ll be absolutely astonished if Fyfe plays at Peel.
You wouldn't have put Black Caviar out at the Kalgoorlie cup to warm up for the big Group 1 races.
As soon as Fyfe is fit to play a game he will go straight into the AFL team.
The smart money says he’ll be in the top 3 players on the ground in his first game back too. It would just be his average game after all (1 Brownlow vote per game for his career, a truly incredible stat over a 200 game career)

Just my guess but it certainly would be odd seeing him in a Peel jumper. Bell said they'll likely give some news on Fyfe in next week's report and Longmuir is saying that the Brisbane game is the one they've targeted for a return - so I reckon an hour or so of WAFL match time might be part of getting him ready just to run around and make sure there's no issues with his body. His last game time was 25th July last year.

Just my guess but it certainly would be odd seeing him in a Peel jumper. Bell said they'll likely give some news on Fyfe in next week's report and Longmuir is saying that the Brisbane game is the one they've targeted for a return - so I reckon an hour or so of WAFL match time might be part of getting him ready just to run around and make sure there's no issues with his body. His last game time was 25th July last year.
Maybe but that would mean he plays in the WAFL they weekend we take on Melbourne.
Seems unrealistic that Fyfe could be running around with a bunch of plumbers and electricians at Peel the same weekend we play the premiers at the G. Would be unprecedented almost in modern AFL for something like that to happen.
I sensed from bell today that they are getting him up to speed on physical contact etc in match sims at training over the next week or two. I guess we’ll find out soon enough!

I was a fan of a half of footy for Fyfe in the WAFL, make it a big event and such if it is a Peel home game but if he hasn't had Covid then don't bother with it, not worth the risk

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Couldn't give a s**t about TBAs with the overall injury list so small.

It's no wonder we are competitive compared to previous years.
Phil Merriman, take a bow!

Remove this Banner Ad

Back