Preview Round 10, 2022: Adelaide v St.Kilda - Adelaide Oval, Saturday 21st May, 7:30PM AEST

Who Wins?

• Crows

Votes: 11 16.2%
  • Saints

Votes: 57 83.8%

• Total voters

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Can't see how NWM gets in to he honest.

Windy will stay in, but we either need someone to play time in the mid or as a pressure forward.

Neither role suits Nas and with solid games from Wood and McKenzie he won't take their spot surely.
Maybe the sub

See there's the problem.

The league bases the fixture on last years results and there's no way they can know for certain who is going to improve (fall of the cliff) the following year.
So there's not much else they can do.

PS We play Sydney (6th) twice but because they lost their elimination final they actually finished 7th and are part of the 2 grouping.

So the split is actually 8/7/7 which will be the same as others within our group.

That's always going to be the problem unless they totally rig the contest so that they know who will be strong the following year.
You "could" try to predict the year's performance , i'm sure it would be a great job for the boys. Footy Tipping next years results. Of course they'd sack the tippers every year when they get it wrong.

That's always going to be the problem unless they totally rig the contest so that they know who will be strong the following year.
You "could" try to predict the year's performance , i'm sure it would be a great job for the boys. Footy Tipping next years results. Of course they'd sack the tippers every year when they get it wrong.
Yeah imagine if they based it on the "experts" predictions for the upcoming year rather than ladder positions for the previous year. Look how that worked out last year with no one picking Melbourne to even finish in the top 8.

The one that really pisses me off are the need to factor in the "blockbuster" games which really skew the flexibility of the draw.

There is no way known that the ANZAC Day match would be less of an "experience" if it was played between the 2 best performed Melbourne teams of the previous year.

Yeah imagine if they based it on the "experts" predictions for the upcoming year rather than ladder positions for the previous year. Look how that worked out last year with no one picking Melbourne to even finish in the top 8.

The one that really pisses me off are the need to factor in the "blockbuster" games which really skew the flexibility of the draw.

There is no way known that the ANZAC Day match would be less of an "experience" if it was played between the 2 best performed Melbourne teams of the previous year.
A grand final rematch would make sense. Its pathetic to give the Essendon drug cheats so much publicity.
I never view anything "special" about the games. They are just another footy game but the AFL pay for a lot of free publicity for the clubs involved.

Last edited:

Destiny calling? If OWENS does get the run...which looks likely, after having a less than auspicious blooding in Round 1.....you think that he will be absolutely pumped to make the statement! This time i predict no such overwhelmed observation footy....he'll be all in! So excited, so much more than I imagined, to watch him do what we believe he can!
Yep I really want to see Mitchito given a chance for a few weeks.

Especially after he watched his best mate crack in & have a significant impact last weekend.

Unleash CHEETOS!

Windy will stay in, but we either need someone to play time in the mid or as a pressure forward.

Neither role suits Nas and with solid games from Wood and McKenzie he won't take their spot surely.
NWM to half back, Sincs into the mids?

NWM to half back, Sincs into the mids?
Nah. Sincs has been sensational in that role. Would hate to lose his influence there. Not sure Nas would be the best replacement there, as yet.
rather bring someone into the mids. Nas may have to wait another week - so be it.

A grand final rematch would make sense. Its pathetic to give the Essendon drug cheats so much publicity.
I never view anything "special" about the games. They are just another footy game but the AFL pay for a lot of free publicity for the clubs involved.
Don't forget the advantages for luring free agents. Pretty sure roo has spoken about Eddie using games like that to try lure him across to the pies. It's no wonder teams like the big 4 find it easier to lure players to pick them

Unless the 2 best performing teams of the previous year was playing sh!!t this year.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Unless the 2 best performing teams of the previous year was playing sh!!t this year.

Its less likely than one of "richmond , essendon or collingwood " NEVER bottoming out.

I really find it pathetic that the team that is the cause of the biggest sports cheating scandal in Australia is highlighted in such a manner.
( Of course the typical supporter of that entitled club think they were screwed over with that, and that it is somehow commendable that they overcame that part of their history - as if they were the Ukraine, and the AFL/ASADA were Russia or something ).

Nah. Sincs has been sensational in that role. Would hate to lose his influence there. Not sure Nas would be the best replacement there, as yet.
rather bring someone into the mids. Nas may have to wait another week - so be it.
Yeah Chito may get his chance as well andnif so I'd be really excited tonsee how he goes. I feel Sincs would be our safest bet to rotate to the mids to help cover for Steele tho and Nas could kill it off hbf. Should be easier for him than Wing

Huge danger game. Their midfield is pretty decent. They have good players in most areas of the park.

They've been very down the past few weeks but will be desperate to play better in front of their home fans.

I highly doubt we will smash them, it will be a grind and I'd be happy with any win here.

Yep, it's not a time for sentiment. We aren't in a rebuild. Just play the best side for wins at the moment and try for top 4 and bank wins and percentage.

Yeah Chito may get his chance as well andnif so I'd be really excited tonsee how he goes. I feel Sincs would be our safest bet to rotate to the mids to help cover for Steele tho and Nas could kill it off hbf. Should be easier for him than Wing
Put Nas on the wing against Lachie Sholl for adelaide. similar players, lightly built but endurance runners with silky kicking. Will matchup well against eachother since neither is particularly dominant in body.

I understand it, but it shyts me.

How long will it take for us to move past the "we're favorites so we will lose" or "danger game" whenever we play sides shytter than us?

When can we just be a good footy club?
has there been a single match where people haven't called it a "danger game" or "the most important game"?

You can justify any game being important

Put Nas on the wing against Lachie Sholl for adelaide. similar players, lightly built but endurance runners with silky kicking. Will matchup well against eachother since neither is particularly dominant in body.
Or we could put someone on him we think will be a t him rather than match it with him?

Who would you drop from the wing rotation?

Huge danger game. Their midfield is pretty decent. They have good players in most areas of the park.

They've been very down the past few weeks but will be desperate to play better in front of their home fans.

I highly doubt we will smash them, it will be a grind and I'd be happy with any win here.
Why weren't they desperate to play well in front of their fans last week ?

Dominated all facets of of the game clearances,stoppages and inside 50 the same as Brisbane & still didn't win.

We are a far better side we will win by 40+ points

Start getting used to us being better then supporters expectations & those 9 that picked Adelaide to win really.

has there been a single match where people haven't called it a "danger game" or "the most important game"?

We are on a wire this season and need to keep winning after dropping a couple we should have won. It's going to be a season that comes down to the final round to settle top 4 IMO. If we want to be there we have to see every game like it's the most important one. We aren't putting sides away by big margins and a re scrapping wins so it's not going to be a cruise.

I don't think Adelaide are as bad as their ladder position suggests.
Without the consistency of Steele, If Jones doesn't shake off the cobwebs it only takes a down day for Gresh or Ross and they have a good chance to beat our midfield.
Then again, I'm kind of hoping Michito comes in and gets 30 touches.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back