News 2022 Injuries, Suspensions, Protocols

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
He could be on the mend by Friday, but still down on energy. So he travels but doesn't feel right to play on Sunday.

I have him so I hope he plays anyway.
I have him too. Not sure if Gibcus will be back this week. Dimma was non committal on him as he's just coming out of iso today I think. Was hoping to hold Gibcus for another couple of weeks but if he and Crisp both miss I might have to bite the bullet. Sicily is coming in this week. Just working out who for is the issue.

It would be absolutely nuts to put someone who is still unwell on a plane with the rest of the squad. If he hasn't fully recovered by the time they leave, they deserve for the entire squad to be wiped out if they let him get on the plane when he is still unwell.
They could make him sit in one of the toilet cubicles for the entire flight, with a mask on of course

I must be the only person in the top 5k still holding him. That will change next week when I'm not in the top 5k anymore.

Nah. I'm in the top 200. Still he represents a loss of opportunity. When I held him I was so smug as I had Dow M8 and Martin F6 in a week most were struggling and posted to that effect.

SC Gods decided to set an example. Dow 12, Mills 214.

Snip-it_1651559994469.jpg

Surely he'll be ok by Sunday.
Don't worry about Crispy, pray for the virus.

jean-claude-van-damme-snake.gif

I can never remember so many illnesses in a season. What's going on?!?!
Look I know Adelaide is behind the times but I thought even you guys would've heard about this Covid thing.

I have him too. Not sure if Gibcus will be back this week. Dimma was non committal on him as he's just coming out of iso today I think. Was hoping to hold Gibcus for another couple of weeks but if he and Crisp both miss I might have to bite the bullet. Sicily is coming in this week. Just working out who for is the issue.
I went Sic/Clark in for Cogs/CMac and thanked them for their service.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I went Sic/Clark in for Cogs/CMac and thanked them for their service.
Yeah at the moment it's Sic and Clark for Cogs and NOD. Will wait until teams drop and take it from there. Cogs might be out this week anyway. Fanfooty messaging suggested he had a back injury last week.

Jack Crisp once rubbed two fires together and got a stick

I can never remember so many illnesses in a season. What's going on?!?!
Lockdowns for 2+ years (and no travelling) = less exposure to bad things = weaker immune systems
Staying home = less sun = lower vitamin D
Staying home also = lower activity levels and weight gained = less overall health
amongst other things

Happened in the US and Europe when they came out of lockdown as well, bunch of reports of a "super cold" and "super flu" going around. But it's just a result of the above

Think it's just a normal part of coming out of the pandemic. Season 2023 should be a lot more normal. I'd imagine we'll be in complete endemic stage by then and covid rules won't be enforced at all

Heaps of friends and family, myself included, have copped some sort of bad cold in the last month or so

Lockdowns for 2+ years (and no travelling) = less exposure to bad things = weaker immune systems
Staying home also = lower activity levels and weight gained = less overall health
amongst other things

Happened in the US and Europe when they came out of lockdown as well, bunch of reports of a "super cold" and "super flu" going around. But it's just a result of the above

Think it's just a normal part of coming out of the pandemic. Season 2023 should be a lot more normal. I'd imagine we'll be in complete endemic stage by then and covid rules won't be enforced at all

Heaps of friends and family, myself included, have copped some sort of bad cold in the last month or so

"Check it out", now we know who stevebbb really is:

market.jpg

amongst other things

Actually the 'super cold' and 'super flu' is less about 'less overall health' and more about the flu/cold viruses having mutated more between exposures so we don't have as much resistance as we normally do.

Usually when we get infected we have some overlapping resistance from a similar strain we previously had, like how a previous delta infection say would make you less impacted by an omicron infection.

Australia's flu season gets imported from the US. We missed a couple of seasons of it, so it hits harder.

This is same reason why we need a new flu shot each year. Important year to get one!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back