Banter Adelaide Board's Combined Politics/Covid discussion Banter Thread (WARNING NOT FOR THE FAINT-HEARTED)

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
FTFrmwrUcAAWH5S

This is an important election issue, not gotcha questions.
31 retired Judges calling for it.
FTA2MAzaUAAvp6T

I’m not against a national ICAC, but I do have some concerns with how a couple of state versions seem to have operated. NT the main concern. But I couldn’t care for the opinions of a group of people less than that of judges. Maybe that’s harsh, but they wouldn’t rank much higher than celebrities from the entertainment industry. And that’s before considering that that their industry is directly benefited.

If you are scared of journalists how do you go fronting Xi, or Putin, or Kim Jong-un?
Exactly, but its not even them he has to worry about, imagine Trump when he comes back. Who is this fool?

But in all seriousness, I know our lefty friends hate ScoMo and want him out, but if they aren't concerned how Albo will go given his gaffs, crumbling under pressure and general lack of intellect, then they seriously have a case of Scomoitis. Albo is a fool.

When the Coalition came to power in September 2013, Australia's gross debt was $280.3 billion.

By the time the coronavirus pandemic struck Australia, towards the end January 2020, gross debt had risen to $568.1 billion, a pre pandemic increase of $287.8 billion since the Coalition took office.

Cue the Liberal cheerleader outrage when the ALP costings are released.
Does debt even matter though really?
Are we paying for it in some way?

Unemployment rate 3.9%, go ScoMo.
Honestly, this is now too low. It's hard to employ people currently and they expect to get paid a proper wage.
This is terrible for business. The total lack of peons available is frankly, insulting, and I'm considering voting labour just to ensure we get immigration going again to solve the problem.

If you are scared of journalists how do you go fronting Xi, or Putin, or Kim Jong-un?
Hello Comrade?

Should work. Could also go with "Haha poor people, AMIRITE?". Can't be that hard to break the ice.

Exactly, but its not even them he has to worry about, imagine Trump when he comes back. Who is this fool?

But in all seriousness, I know our lefty friends hate ScoMo and want him out, but if they aren't concerned how Albo will go given his gaffs, crumbling under pressure and general lack of intellect, then they seriously have a case of Scomoitis. Albo is a fool.

Doesn't Albanese have an economics degree?

Seems a strange call to make

Doesn't Albanese have an economics degree?

Seems a strange call to make
Hey I have one of those, can you let Kirky know, he has a crack at my intelligence.

But you can't honestly say he seems switched on? Especially enough to be PM. How many times has he ****ed up under the pressure of the campaign, how is he going to cope running the country?

Hey I have one of those, can you let Kirky know, he has a crack at my intelligence.

But you can't honestly say he seems switched on? Especially enough to be PM. How many times has he ducked up under the pressure of the campaign, how is he going to cope running the country?

Let's be honest, Kirky would most probably call a member of Mensa dumb if they voted for Liberal.

In terms of Albo I think he's struggled through the campaign and doesn't seem like he is someone who is naturally a confident public speaker. That doesn't always translate to their ability to actually run the country though.

I've not hid the fact that I have been somewhat disappointed in his performance since he has taken over as Labor leader, but his one saving grace for me is connection to working class Australia.

Last edited:
He’s a career politician, his real-world economic experience is around zero.

I agree that degrees are often worth nothing more than the paper they're printed on, but my point was that you need a reasonable level of intellect to actually obtain that degree in the first place.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I agree that degrees are often worth nothing more than the paper they're printed on, but my point was that you need a reasonable level of intellect to actually obtain that degree in the first place.

True, but we’re talking what, 40 years ago?

I don’t think he’s expanded his intellect since then.

Living in my head? How old are you 12. I remember things, it’s not that hard to do.

As for not recalling anyones posts on here, bullshit. Why lie? Has Albo rubbed off on you?

Mate, I can’t remember most posts, they get posted and I move on.

I actually have a life away from all of this, I seriously doubt you do.

Let's be honest, Kirky would most probably call a member of Mensa dumb if they voted for Liberal.

In terms of Albo I think he's struggled through the campaign and doesn't seem like he is someone who is naturally a confident public speaker. That doesn't always translate to their ability to actually run the country though.

I've not hid the fact that I have been somewhat disappointment in his performance since he has taken over as Labor leader, but his one saving grace for me is connection to working class Australia.

No I most certainly call someone Mensa dumb if they voted Liberal but I would certainly call them dumb if they couldn’t justify their position when challenged.

Most of my mates believe it or not are Liberal supporters (they are in small business or finance so unsurprising) and we engage in light hearted discussion re : politics. Most have been horrified by the last three years of this government and a number are changing their vote this time around to their local ALP candidate.

Does Albanese enthuse? No however the possibility of another term of this s**t show makes the choice for most quite easy.

And having a degree doesn’t make you smarter than anyone else. Wish people would remove that outdated thinking.

Well Mutineer, looks like ESTA could do with some press conferences from brave Daniel Andrews...

Victoria's crisis-riddled triple-0 system ESTA to be overhauled following damning review
By Kristian Silva, Yara Murray-Atfield and staff

Victoria's embattled triple-0 service will be renamed and its board disbanded as part of a state government overhaul, amid blown-out waiting times for critically ill patients and staff shortages.

Key points:
The report found there was "continued and systematic underperformance" at the service
A dozen Victorians have died while waiting for an ambulance and demand for paramedics has surged since the review began
The government has agreed in principle to former police chief Graham Ashton's 20 recommendations
The Emergency Services Telecommunications Authority (ESTA) will be rebadged as Triple Zero Victoria, with the government also pledging "major governance changes and reforms in relation to performance standards".

This is really interesting, you can compare yourself to the world based on your views

Interestingly it has both Labor and Liberal as right of centre.

A strong public sector along with authoritarian social policies characterise Katter’s Australian Party, while One Nation’s Pauline Hanson continues to wrap liberal economics and illiberal social policies together as easily as fish and chips.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back