Review 2022 Mid Season Rookie Draft

Joel Crocker and Pat Walker say Hi! ;)
No one has 100% success tho. How many duds have you thought looked good over the years? He's also fiercely loyal and supportive of our players (not necessarily a bad bias imo,) if they aren't PC LOL.

He never nailed specific qualities of those two that I remember, but with Bailey Scott, Tom Powell and McKay he identified traits they had that are what makes them potentially great players and they've all shown what he talked about. McKay's ability to read the ball, Tom Powell's situational awareness and Bailey's speed, skill in traffic and ability to move (and his ability to find good options, lol, not necessarily hit them tho.)

We really need someone else who can kick like that. Tarryn does it, sometimes Sleevo does and Perez has shown a bit but more is what we need.

Sep 21, 2008
Vic
AFL Club
North Melbourne
No one has 100% success tho. How many duds have you thought looked good over the years? He's also fiercely loyal and supportive of our players (not necessarily a bad bias imo,) if they aren't PC LOL.

He never nailed specific qualities of those two that I remember, but with Bailey Scott, Tom Powell and McKay he identified traits they had that are what makes them potentially great players and they've all shown what he talked about. McKay's ability to read the ball, Tom Powell's situational awareness and Bailey's speed, skill in traffic and ability to move (and his ability to find good options, lol, not necessarily hit them tho.)

We really need someone else who can kick like that. Tarryn does it, sometimes Sleevo does and Perez has shown a bit but more is what we need.

I'd hate to know how many players I've said would be guns over the years.

I just get a lot of satisfaction out of letting narcissists know they are wrong.

Hojuman

조수미 사랑해요
May 20, 2012
Seoul
AFL Club
North Melbourne
He coulda been a champion

6f1ce7f8e64da99727084636444c370c.jpg

Jul 26, 2007
The Tree
AFL Club
North Melbourne
Other Teams
Arsenal, Coney Island Warriors
Whatever your bias towards certain players it can't be as bad as when Ayden Kennedy (or his dad) came onto BigFooty and posted for ages about how good Ayden Kennedy was

I dunno, were you around when we used to get into arguments with Andy Swallow's dad?

Jul 26, 2007
Darwin
AFL Club
West Coast
Interesting on Florenca. I wonder if he’s had a commitment from West Coast considering he’s already played for them as a top up.

His one game he posted some impressive stats for a 1st gamer. Contesteded ball gets and tackles. Obviously trained with them for a good block.

Praying Eagles can get at least 2 spots openned up and he isnt our one and only selection.

Jul 26, 2007
The Tree
AFL Club
North Melbourne
Other Teams
His one game he posted some impressive stats for a 1st gamer. Contesteded ball gets and tackles. Obviously trained with them for a good block.

Praying Eagles can get at least 2 spots openned up and he isnt our one and only selection.

Looking at your injury list the amount of "inactive" and "TBC" it would be alarming if you can't get at least two opened up.

Jul 26, 2007
Darwin
AFL Club
West Coast
Looking at your injury list the amount of "inactive" and "TBC" it would be alarming if you can't get at least two opened up.

They need to take every advantage they can out of this annus horribilis season the likes never seen of before.

Id be taking 3 or 4 and get a look at some fresh talent and hopefully snare a decent kid or late developer.

Eagles need to turn over the list. Start doing it by building pressure for spots internally. And the influx of new blood also brings energy.

Jul 26, 2007
The Tree
AFL Club
North Melbourne
Other Teams
They need to take every advantage they can out of this annus horribilis season the likes never seen of before.

Id be taking 3 or 4 and get a look at some fresh talent and hopefully snare a decent kid or late developer.

Eagles need to turn over the list. Start doing it by building pressure for spots internally. And the influx of new blood also brings energy.

I think the fair deal is we take pick one in the MSD and you guys can have it in the ND. Send through the paperwork and we can start failing upwards today.

I always thought Lachie Hansen would turn into a star, he had some great moments and patches of form just never strung enough together to stamp himself
Wash your mouth out with soap…

Jul 26, 2007
The Tree
AFL Club
North Melbourne
Other Teams
Only if North takes Culley.

If the Eagles pass on him there will be mass melting on our board.

Mass melting on a team board, what does that look like?

Sphynx

Norm Smith Medallist
Jul 10, 2011
AFL Club
North Melbourne
Whatever your bias towards certain players it can't be as bad as when Ayden Kennedy (or his dad) came onto BigFooty and posted for ages about how good Ayden Kennedy was

There's been a few.

Kennedy or his dad.

Swallows dad.

Garners mum before Heath shut her down.

I suspect there might be a few Hayden relations that come out in the wash eventually.....

Back