Preview Round 10, 2022: Adelaide v St.Kilda - Adelaide Oval, Saturday 21st May, 7:30PM AEST

Who Wins?

• Crows

Votes: 11 16.2%
  • Saints

Votes: 57 83.8%

• Total voters

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Jan 7, 2011
Heaven. I mean Victoria.
AFL Club
St Kilda
You’d think we’ll have a big advantage with our “talls”, with Ryder and Marshall likely to monster Strahan and whoever else in the ruck, Thilthorp being brought in having been in poor form earlier in the year, and now not having played a game in weeks, Butts coming in after having had Covid this week and not trained for 7 days, and being their only half decent one with any height back there, and Tex possibly playing sore.

Mar 10, 2017
AFL Club
St Kilda
It makes even more sense to make sure we win the game.

If we play well we should have a good win. But if we are a bit off, the Crows could roll us on their home turf.

Rats in the post game video of what was said in the dressing rooms, was glowing of Windy's game and heaped praise on him.

I expect him to take Higgins spot. Remember that Windy was mainly playing an outside game when he came on.

For Steele they should bring in one of our mids. Note that Rats has already said that Clark is playing AFL this weekend.
So for mine, it is Bytel or Byrnes. I would go Bytel myself as he is a genuine inside mid, and a big one like Steele.

As it is is the indigenous round I do think though that it will be very likely that our med-sub will be an indigenous players. Nasiah a big chance, but if not Lienert.

PS: Sharman will stay in I believe, which means that Membrey will play a lot of time up the ground including wing. With Wood and Dmac also in the team that means that there is no wing role available.
I think NAS contributes to winning..

Minga

Club Legend
Mar 23, 2021
AFL Club
St Kilda
Our indigenous draftees Naz and Windy in side by side to take on the crows in Sir Doug Nicholls round. Love that.

89535192-BD70-45AF-9117-781A7786AB23.jpeg

On the crows side of things, interesting that Sholl and Himmelberg are out - I’m not complaining. Looks like Rachele doesn’t get rested after all, could work in our favour. Thilthorpe is a fair in, replacing Himmelberg no doubt.

PostmanBish

Club Legend
Sep 6, 2019
AFL Club
St Kilda
The Crows are never easy to beat at home regardless of where they are on the ladder so I'd be happy just to get the win, a big percentage booster would be a nice bonus but I'm not expecting that.
Fully agree. Ultimately if we can win enough games, percentage will be a lesser factor ... so absolutely 4pts first, padding the percentage second ... a one point win is better than ANY loss through trying to be too clever.

Mowman

Cancelled
Day Off
Veteran St Kilda - Marcus Windhager Player Sponsor 2023 10k Posts St Kilda - Marcus Windhager Player Sponsor 2022 St Kilda - James Frawley Player Sponsor 2021 Saints Pledge Contributor St Kilda - Doulton Langlands Player Sponsor 2020 St Kilda - Robbie Young Player Sponsor 2019
May 19, 2013
Looks like Nas and Windy.
i like it

We are winning games and developing young guys at the same time

NWN - Windhager & Sharman all less then 10 games, great for next year and the future

(Log in to remove this ad.)

PostmanBish

Club Legend
Sep 6, 2019
AFL Club
St Kilda
They are not that bad and we are not that good , jeez your setting yourself up for a fall
Obviously we're not playing them at Marvel so I'm not stupid enough to predict a 100pt win at AO (fact is, the only 100pt margins for us there have been crushing defeats) ... I'm realistic enough to know that if we are roughly even at halftime, we're a side capable of winning by 4-5 goals based on our second-half performances this year. If we let them get the jump on us, it's more likely a goal or two similar to Geelong. The AO advantage is real, and I agree, Adelaide are not that bad, particularly if Walker is "on".

i like it

We are winning games and developing young guys at the same time

NWN - Windhager & Sharman all less then 10 games, great for next year and the future

I'm nervous though. I hope we don't lose it. For some reason the ones that we should win are the ones I feel like we'll drop. Definitely not a bad idea to get game into the youth though.

Obviously we're not playing them at Marvel so I'm not stupid enough to predict a 100pt win at AO (fact is, the only 100pt margins for us there have been crushing defeats) ... I'm realistic enough to know that if we are roughly even at halftime, we're a capable of winning by 4-5 goals based on our second-half performances this year. If we let them get the jump on us, it's more likely a goal or two similar to Geelong. The AO advantage is real, and I agree, Adelaide are not that bad, particularly if Walker is "on".

We are playing a pretty inexperienced side without Steele against a side who are pretty good on ball. I'll just be happy with a win at this stage.

Minga

Club Legend
Mar 23, 2021
AFL Club
St Kilda
No Butts for them. That’s a big win for us. They’re undersized down back while we have King, Roma/Ryder, Sharman and Skunk.

Max could run riot.
Good pick up. Their tallest defender is Nick Murray at 194cm. As far as I can tell, the rest of their named defenders are under 190cm… against King, Marshall, Ryder, Membrey, Sharman

Think we're better than that right now mate.

Port game was just a sh*t fight

I hope so. I've been pretty confident lately but not with this one. I thought we'd beat the Cats but the injury to Steele is still a bit of an unknown. I think we can cover him but we haven't seen how it will look yet.

PostmanBish

Club Legend
Sep 6, 2019
AFL Club
St Kilda
Six indigenous players is a nice milestone for the club. We have a really great group together, so exciting to watch.
I think I'm proudest of the fact that we have such a great showcase of indigenous talent on our list. Every player selected on merit, and nothing tokenistic or symbolic. A mix of developing youth, emerging stars, and veterans leading the way.

THAT is surely reason to be proud of the club, the crest, and the team we put on the field.

Max is looming incredibly large in this game..

He's been good without being great since the Hawthorn win, he's due an absolute bag

He has gone from Coleman contention to looking a bit flaky very quickly. This one looks set up for him to absolutely take charge. If not I hope my boy Sharmanator kicks 10.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back