Preview Changes v the ALL CONQUERING MIGHTY DEMONS !

Remove this Banner Ad

The issue we are going to have is the lack of height in defence with no Mckay and even Bonar who can play taller

All they need to do is kick to whichever of brown, McDonald, Jackson on young

Or even whichever of the key forwards on Corr

Ironically dees should be avoiding walker as he’s the only one that will match the strength in the air of his opponent

Goldy and X both going?

Assuming we continue to play Goldstein, it’s a toss of the coin. Given CCJ is tied up, are we putting X in the shop window? He moved really well yesterday. I suppose anyone would look good against us at the moment.

Mahony was moving OK and was in every drill.

Nobles tricked me with Stepho and Hayden. Sly bastard.
Yes in my mind they both are and take another ten with them. Lol

I’d keep Goldy , so we prefer a guy that no club really made a decent play for over a guy we gave up an early pic for?

Oh well

I try to be upbeat and back those in charge , but heck they’re not making it easy for me

Glad we’ll have two experienced ball butchers and low possession midfielders playing . That’s Andersons and greenwoods for those wondering

It could get very ugly under the dome .

As per my comment in the Stephenson thread, I hope the penny drops with him soon or else he will keep getting omitted.

I like it.
He knows he’s soft and he’s done nothing about it in 5 years. He’s not going to change. It was a stupid pick up that reeked of desperation

He knows he’s soft and he’s done nothing about it in 5 years. He’s not going to change. It was a stupid pick up that reeked of desperation

LOL I wouldn't quite go that far.....but yes, he's the most bruise-free, lazy footballer we've had for some time.

If he doesn't work hard for his teammates and run both ways, then he shouldn't be selected.

Goldy and X both going?

Assuming we continue to play Goldstein, it’s a toss of the coin. Given CCJ is tied up, are we putting X in the shop window? He moved really well yesterday. I suppose anyone would look good against us at the moment.

Mahony was moving OK and was in every drill.

Nobles tricked me with Stepho and Hayden. Sly bastard.
I think if we rejected an offer for X last year I doubt they'd want to be putting him in the shop window this year.

I think its more the fact the coaching staff rate him and might be more of a matchup for Gawn/Jackson. They might also be trying to get games into him so he's ready for when Goldy departs.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I think if we rejected an offer for X last year I doubt they'd want to be putting him in the shop window this year.

I think its more the fact the coaching staff rate him and might be more of a matchup for Gawn/Jackson. They might also be trying to get games into him so he's ready for when Goldy departs.

You’re quite probably right.

You’re quite probably right.
Also, As you said, CCJ is locked up for the future, so they also might be trying to assure X his part of the future so he signs on?

Either way, I rate him highly and hope he stays!

Really surprised by the CCJ backlash.

Him being omitted now Xerri is back available isn't surprising to me at all.

Did people expect we'd go with 3 rucks again which is completely horrible.

Still, we all view players in different ways which is fine. CCJ has plenty of time on his side to improve.

Last edited:
Perhaps I'm just a little too bullish on CCJ but would've preferred he stayed in

IMO
Xerri is a better ruck
Neither are exactly Jarman by foot, Cunnington by hand or Dean Cox mobility wise
CCJ's a better mark and provides a better contest

For mine I'd rather take a bit of a hit in the ruck at times if it meant having a better contest up forward
That's not to say CCJ made himself undroppable the last few weeks but also don't think he'd did an enormous amount wrong given everything around him

Anyway, I'm just a nuffie that likes bad movies where Keanu Reeves plays a quarterback and in any case, wouldn't make a huge difference, we're still going to struggle against this Melbourne defence (and team in general) - also possible the club wants CCJ to further his ruck work in the 2's

Not expecting miracles but all that I'm wanting to see is effort from minute one

Remove this Banner Ad

Back