Preview Changes: R10 vs St Kilda, Saturday May 21, 7.00pm ACST @ Adelaide Oval

Remove this Banner Ad

Well Few Jack, I hardly watched last weeks game, but from what I saw he spent a fair chunk of time in defence. So if he was wing, where was Sholl and Soligo playing?
Check the replay, Dawson is NUMBER 12.

We ran Brown, Murray, Hinge, Smith, Jones, Doedee and Hamill through our back six. Are you suggesting that any of these players were not playing in defence?

We rotated Dawson, Sholl and Soligo through the wings.

I hope I didn’t embarrass you, I find the less you see of the matches the more sense your comments make.

He played as the spare in defence. Rich did the same for Brisbane, at least until they moved J. Berry into a forward tagging role.
So we are ignoring 6/6/6.

He lined up on the wing and rolled back, as did Soligo and Sholl. This doesn’t make him a defender.

It’s modern AFL 101?

Did you go to the game? If you attend on Saturday night check the running patterns of our wingman.

This is like the wing nuts who were insisting that Tex was playing on the wing.
But, but, but he often contests the ball on the wing.
P.S. Please list the quarters/times that Rich lined up on the wing. He didn’t. Their wingmen run into defence to free him up.

AFL 101

Last edited:

We ran Brown, Murray, Hinge, Smith, Jones, Doedee and Hamill through our back six. Are you suggesting that any of these players were not playing in defence?

I hope I didn’t embarrass you, I find the less you see of the matches the more sense your comments make.
It might be hard for you but don't be a utensil.

The only person you continue to embarrass is yourself with your ******** FIGJAM attitude.

I find it amusing that posters who have never watched an SANFL game live are the most adamant that Pedlar has been mismanaged.

I am a big Pedlar fan but he isn’t able to run out a full game in the Twos.

We can either
1) Play him as a full time mid in the AFL and watch him jog behind his opponent.
2) Play him mainly as a forward in the AFL
3) Build his tank and give him an occasional run in the AFL.

Fortunately for Spackler, he can complain whichever option is taken.

Berry is AFL fit and is now playing as a full time mid in the AFL
Or 4) Give him only 5 games of football in the first 9 rounds, which is what we've done and what I'm complaining about

Dawson spent some time down back when we were getting blitzed.

When he did, the shuffle meant that Jones and Hamill each had a brief spell starting at half forward.

At least they tried something I guess.

I’m not totally disagreeing with your approach, but I think a reasonable answer to that question is: developing a winning culture is important to the development of individual players. To know that a game style works, to not drop their head because we’re picking the best prospects each week but always losing, for the good prospects who are in the team to learn how to play and win

Just my 2c
We're only talking about a handful of players.

At the moment probably Thilthorpe, Cook and Pedlar.

if those guys are getting a few games here and there while form wavers it hardly upsets the entire team. Cook and Pedlar's games wouldnt even need to be at the same time.

Likewise giving Pedlar a full SANFL game and having Ben Davis be the travelling emergency won't destroy our culture.

It's just sensible player management.

I'm happy to see Thilthorpe is back after Himmelbergs form turned for the worse (again).

Sholl for Murphy is a bit take it or leave it, but it might mean we're willing to run Murph somewhere in the midfield.

We're deeply in love with Lachlan Murphy

Hopefully he gets some centre square time. If that high half forward role is considered basically an extra midfielder then there should be no problem running Laird, Keays and Berrry through there for a few minutes too.

SAINTS

B: C.Wilkie, D.Howard, J.Battle

HB: B.Paton, J.Sinclair, B.Long

C: D.McKenzie, S.Ross, B.Hill

HF: N.Wanganeen-Milera, C.Sharman, T.Membrey

F: M.King, R.Marshall, J.Gresham

FOLL: P.Ryder, Z.Jones, B.Crouch

I/C: J.Webster, M.Wood, J.Billings, M.Windhager

EMG: R.Byrnes, J.Lienert, M.Owens, T.Highmore

IN: N.Wanganeen-Milera

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Dawson spent some time down back when we were getting blitzed.

When he did, the shuffle meant that Jones and Hamill each had a brief spell starting at half forward.

At least they tried something I guess.
In the first half, Dawson played purely as a wingman. He played defensive side of the play and it worked beautifully. The commentators were discussing how he was blitzing Berry who had hardly touched the ball.

In the third quarter Berry was sent to run with Dawson but the key problem was they started to smack us in the clearances and were all over us.

Simple question Spackler, what position did Dawson play against Brisbane?

SAINTS

B: C.Wilkie, D.Howard, J.Battle

HB: B.Paton, J.Sinclair, B.Long

C: D.McKenzie, S.Ross, B.Hill

HF: N.Wanganeen-Milera, C.Sharman, T.Membrey

F: M.King, R.Marshall, J.Gresham

FOLL: P.Ryder, Z.Jones, B.Crouch

I/C: J.Webster, M.Wood, J.Billings, M.Windhager

EMG: R.Byrnes, J.Lienert, M.Owens, T.Highmore

IN: N.Wanganeen-Milera
Did Sharman play last week

So Jack, no response to this one? Were you embarrassed to?

You know, the reply to your FIGJAM post to Drugs where you missed the most obvious example of how we have messed Pedlar around.
Players can still play in the SANFL whether they end up playing or not in the AFL as the medical sub and there was no SANFL game last week.

In the first half, Dawson played purely as a wingman. He played defensive side of the play and it worked beautifully. The commentators were discussing how he was blitzing Berry who had hardly touched the ball.

In the third quarter Berry was sent to run with Dawson but the key problem was they started to smack us in the clearances and were all over us.

Simple question Spackler, what position did Dawson play against Brisbane?
Wing mostly and down back for some of the 3rd quarter

Remove this Banner Ad

Back