Preview Round 10, 2022: Adelaide v St.Kilda - Adelaide Oval, Saturday 21st May, 7:30PM AEST

Who Wins?

• Crows

Votes: 11 16.2%
  • Saints

Votes: 57 83.8%

• Total voters

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Jan 7, 2011
Heaven. I mean Victoria.
AFL Club
St Kilda
We are playing a pretty inexperienced side without Steele against a side who are pretty good on ball. I'll just be happy with a win at this stage.
I’d happily take a win as well, but without Sloane, Seedsman and M Crouch, their midfield drops off an absolute cliff in the middle after Keays and Laird.

Their next two in there are averaging 18 and 16 touches and they’re also likely to get slaughtered in the ruck, with Strachan and Thilthorp having played 19 games between them.

Probably Crouch to Keays and Seb to Laird and then you’ve got Gresh and Jones against Hately and Berry.

Mowman

Cancelled
Day Off
Veteran St Kilda - Marcus Windhager Player Sponsor 2023 10k Posts St Kilda - Marcus Windhager Player Sponsor 2022 St Kilda - James Frawley Player Sponsor 2021 Saints Pledge Contributor St Kilda - Doulton Langlands Player Sponsor 2020 St Kilda - Robbie Young Player Sponsor 2019
May 19, 2013

lewdogs

Cancelled
Saints Pledge Contributor
Jun 4, 2008
Vic
AFL Club
St Kilda
Other Teams
Arsenal, Portland Trailblazers
Only question remains is who will be the medi-sub. I'm tipping NWM or Wood.

Loving the look of the weather forecast and their backline full of Tyrion Lannisters.

Final question perhaps, whether to entertain a punt on the Saints over 39.

Go for the % lads!!
The sub comes from the emergencies

Ducky Tie

Norm Smith Medallist
Jun 15, 2011
Melbourne
AFL Club
St Kilda
I don't see this side as being any less balanced than it was without NWM. Inside/outside balance is all relative to positions. The structure will stay the same. Billings roles into an attacking forward role. NWM takes Billings spot on the wing. Windhager becomes the fifth midfielder, though I expect he will still spend most of the game as a high half forward flanker. Gresham, Ross, Jones and Crouch probably all have a marginally higher percentage of the game as starting mids. Obviously the quality is lower with no Steele, but I don't see it as being too outside or lacking in balance.

Jan 14, 2012
The River Murray
AFL Club
St Kilda
Only question remains is who will be the medi-sub. I'm tipping NWM or Wood.

Loving the look of the weather forecast and their backline full of Tyrion Lannisters.

Final question perhaps, whether to entertain a punt on the Saints over 39.

Go for the % lads!!
They are both picked in the 22

It will be one of the emergencies

Myles David

Senior List
Apr 5, 2022
Tokyo
AFL Club
St Kilda
I'm nervous though. I hope we don't lose it. For some reason the ones that we should win are the ones I feel like we'll drop. Definitely not a bad idea to get game into the youth though.
Losing these games is hardly ever because of the young players you bring in, rather it's the vets that don't show up and perform as they're supposed to.

On Nokia 6.1 using BigFooty.com mobile app

Premium

Brownlow Medallist
Oct 8, 2016
AFL Club
St Kilda
Really glad we haven’t rushed Butler back in. If his achilles has been giving him trouble for weeks (or all year as someone suggested) and was so bad against Melbourne that he wasn’t able to push off, it’s not going to magically be all better after missing just one week.

We need him as close to 100% as possible.
It's going to be interesting next week when Higgins , Clark and Butler are ready to comeback into the 22.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Jan 7, 2011
Heaven. I mean Victoria.
AFL Club
St Kilda
It's going to be interesting next week when Higgins , Clark and Butler are ready to comeback into the 22.
Hoping we give both Butts and Higgo until after the bye.

Clark in next week if available and that’s probably why we didn’t bring an Owens or Bytel in this week.

Mowman

Cancelled
Day Off
Veteran St Kilda - Marcus Windhager Player Sponsor 2023 10k Posts St Kilda - Marcus Windhager Player Sponsor 2022 St Kilda - James Frawley Player Sponsor 2021 Saints Pledge Contributor St Kilda - Doulton Langlands Player Sponsor 2020 St Kilda - Robbie Young Player Sponsor 2019
May 19, 2013
Butler getting subbed off was to do with form than injury

Jeez good luck to the selectors next week. Normally you’d go the first year players as the easy outs but they keep on keeping on. I don’t even think the coaches have a clue what our best 22 is yet. Great problems to have.

Very surprised with selection. Thought Nas would have some VFL time and that we would downsize the forward line but I guess not. Sharman is pretty athletic which helps I suppose but will be interesting to see how it goes on a bigger ground.

botts

Premiership Player
Jun 11, 2021
AFL Club
St Kilda
That forward line has an average age of about 22 years old. Good sign for the future.

KingsRansom

Club Legend
Aug 23, 2020
AFL Club
St Kilda
Someone isn't happy about team selections...😣😣😣
FB_IMG_1652955933634.jpg

Mowman

Cancelled
Day Off
May 19, 2013
If he was having a good one he wouldn't have been subbed off
You suspicious man, you….
( If they actually did that, they’d be taking a leaf out of the Port book, don’t mind it myself 🤣)

Seriously, I thought they said he’d had achilles problems for a while. In which case he’ll be out a few weeks, you don’t take chances with achilles.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back