Media Swans Talk in the Media 2022

Our club in the Media

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
OK I went back and searched 'Jesus' on this forum (and can I just say if, when you reach the Pearly Gates, you lot are asked did you ever take the Lord's name in vain, Jesus you lot are stuffed).

First reference I could find re Hickey/Jesus was Nuggetz post from 1 May 2021;

View attachment 1404007

First use I could find of the term 'Ruck Jesus' was by caesar88

View attachment 1404019

Yep I don't know why I bothered either.

PS Sorry rustycrate, but the judge's decision is final and no correspondence will be entered into. :)

**** it's exhausting being a pillar of this place

OK I went back and searched 'Jesus' on this forum (and can I just say if, when you reach the Pearly Gates, you lot are asked did you ever take the Lord's name in vain, Jesus you lot are stuffed).

First reference I could find re Hickey/Jesus was Nuggetz post from 1 May 2021;

View attachment 1404007

First use I could find of the term 'Ruck Jesus' was by caesar88

View attachment 1404019

Yep I don't know why I bothered either.

PS Sorry rustycrate, but the judge's decision is final and no correspondence will be entered into. :)

I'm not worthy

The charter of our club is first and foremost to promote and develop the game of Australian Rules football.
The Pride guernsey is the club making a statement to the broader community that we stand with the minority to end ongoing, but thankfully declining, discrimination, abuse and generally unfair treatment and that we, as a club, welcome, encourage and provide a safe environment for the LGBTQI community, from any club, to participate in our great game.

The guernsey is not about giving these ppl “their own jumper” but I do think it is wonderful they are afforded an opportunity to make two loud statements when they attend our games, just as it is wonderful that non-indigenous ppl can make an ongoing statement of support wearing the indigenous one.

I’d prefer we do it without adding colours also, but I’m not real fussed about most of our sponsors, loud music at the games or Sweet Caroline either but none of them detract from my passion for our team.
The limit of my visual support for the club is a nice plain red scarf that I own… wanna wear a Pride guernsey? Fine. Indigenous one? Fine. Swans merch from head to toe and four layers deep? Fine. Blue jeans and a leather jacket? Fine. What other ppl wear has zero impact on my enjoyment and I really can’t grasp how it is even a talking point.

You do raise a fair point about promoting equality but we are also sponsored by the Qatar government airline. Qatar rated fairly low on the human rights registrar.

The club is making a statement that money also talks and has done so for the last 6 years. Not a big issue given FIFA handed the World Cup to Qatar.

At times it would be simpler if football clubs stuck to the code they know. Avoiding the political double standards that come with making statements.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Mongrel Punts Rnd 9 review and round 10 preview - and possibly the only media preview that correctly previews the Swans with equality.

Mongrel Punts Rnd 9 review and round 10 preview - and possibly the only media preview that correctly previews the Swans with equality.

Mongrel is top quality product for all clubs as far as I can tell.

20MAY22: Carlton vs Swans Match Reports/Multiple
Bagged by the Blues:

Newly added:

Last edited:
1 week its a mute point tho considering its looking like a 10 week hamstring injury.

It's the principle. It's still on his record. Absolute BS. One of the fairest players I've ever watched with an unblemished record and he's now got that against him. For what was clearly an accident.

23MAY22: Media for the day lazybits/Multiple
Media for the day:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back