List Mgmt. 2022 List Management: Draft, Trade and FA

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reckon the ties to Fisher, need for a big defender and the clear salary cap space being spoken about, Blues are keen on Logue and Bondie might be in his ear. Wouldn’t be surprised if he ended up at the blues. Obviously for their first round pick 12-16. Unfortunately again think we would need to take it.

Again don’t let the truth get in the way of a good rumour. Colin Young you’re welcome.

Out of curiosity why has Logue not cemented his spot in the Freo 22? I know he has had his injury issues in the past. Are there other reasons?
JL realised that playing 3 KPD wasn't working for us so decided on playing 2 instead. Pearce is taller and a better lock down defender than logue and Cox is a better interceptor and distributor than him. Has got coaches votes in three games this year though.

Pearce and hamling are always injured

Cox is more rolloff - we need another FB if Logue goes

Unless, Logue and hamling out - Sam Taylor in ?

The club needs to re-sign him. Would be a very bad decision not to. So much talk about our defensive depth but the reality is Hamling has had one leg since 2019 and looks so far from it, Hughes is stuck here for a couple more years but again, very far from it. I'd trust Wilson to play a decent game based on his pre-season form but he's fighting with clark and walker.

What happens when Pearce goes down with an ankle again and Hamling fails his 18th consecutive 'test' on his knee? Down to 1 KPD who's not suited to the number 1 KPF. 23 and will be a big part of our defence for next several years. Has shown enough since getting dropped to prove that he deserves a spot in the b22.

JL realised that playing 3 KPD wasn't working for us so decided on playing 2 instead. Pearce is taller and a better lock down defender than logue and Cox is a better interceptor and distributor than him. Has got coaches votes in three games this year though.
Based on this year's form I'd have him clearly ahead of Pearce as a lock down defender...

Based on this year's form I'd have him clearly ahead of Pearce as a lock down defender...

Playing on who but , you’re kidding yourself if you think Louges a better match up than Pearce on the King twins , Lynch’s , Danihers and Dixons of the world

We should have taken Bazzo last year somehow

Sent from my iPad using BigFooty.com

In terms of a spot in the backline Chapman is the issue for Logue. They are the same height, Logue a bit heavier/stronger, Chapman a more reliable rebounder.

Either of those two along with Cox and Pearce is a very good tall defensive set up, especially with Ryan more capable against talls than smalls.

With Clark and Young do we need more rebound? With Cox and Pearce do we need more strength?

I think all are best 22 and We can maximise the potential by developing a rotation, ideally for Chapman, but others clearly have potential.

Last edited:
Following on from the draft thread and trying to keep it purely on draft, Zurhaar is a bit of a priority for me. If we could get Gus and Zurhaar, I think that's a lot better for us than just Jackson.

I'd really love to bring Zurhaar in

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Playing on who but , you’re kidding yourself if you think Louges a better match up than Pearce on the King twins , Lynch’s , Danihers and Dixons of the world

Pearce at his best I agree. Last year he did a terrific shut down of McKay. But this year he's been pushed off the ball with ease by those same forwards playing a more zoned and position based style rather than backing his strength and height against those he theoretically matches up well on. At least Logue can outstrength most opponents and isn't afraid of using his body.

Until Pearce rediscovers his best in this area Logue has it over him at the moment. Logue is also the perfect match up on those hard leading, endurance type like Jeremy Cameron and Charlie Curnow.

Last edited:
I planted a seed in your brain didn't I.

He will be quite cheap on the trade too compared to the performance a side will get out of him with better midfield and ball movement.
I'm just telling myself that I dont understand why anyone would sign on at that club when you have the option of playing in your home state, for a contending team, on similar wages and that Bell and co have targeted the perfect players to bring in since the Hogan/Lobb year. Zurhaar ticks all the boxes so I'm going to be disappointed when he signs on at North

Decent chance we could play Carlton or Geelong in a final this year.
I’ll tell you two guys who would be thrilled if Logue wasnt in the 22 in that instance.
Jeremy Cameron and Charlie Curnow

I'm just telling myself that I dont understand why anyone would sign on at that club when you have the option of playing in your home state, for a contending team, on similar wages and that Bell and co have targeted the perfect players to bring in since the Hogan/Lobb year. Zurhaar ticks all the boxes so I'm going to be disappointed when he signs on at North

Well he broke up with the Victorian girlfriend last year, got himself a puppy.

I would prefer Bolton than either/both of Gus and Zurhaar. He can rotate midfield/forward and brings home an indigenous player. Plus he is a good replacement for Walters.

We might be between a rock and a hard place with Logue tbh.

To those saying we need to keep him for depth, I say it again - The system is designed so clubs cannot keep players as good as Logue for depth purposes.

I’m not sure whether his motivation is around money or game time, however whatever it is the club needs to come to the party. It’s unlikely he’ll sign on as ‘depth’ for two reasons:
  • 1. Most other clubs in the league could basically guarantee him a game every week.
  • 2. Clubs willing to play him every week will offer him best 22 level money. From a salary cap perspective it makes little sense for us to do the same unless he’s best 22.
I think him being best 22 can work but I also think Cox and Pearce are far more important to our best 22 and if any of the three KPDs needs to sit out a week due to match ups it’s Logue.

Ultimately I think he ends up re-signing but both him and the club need to come to an understanding on what his role is before they start talking about contracts.

I would prefer Bolton than either/both of Gus and Zurhaar. He can rotate midfield/forward and brings home an indigenous player. Plus he is a good replacement for Walters.
So would I but he's someone I'd put in the no chance bucket. The big big Vic clubs dont lose many good players and Richmond are well run and wont be a basket case like North are at the moment. Very hard to pry those players out

So would I but he's someone I'd put in the no chance bucket. The big big Vic clubs dont lose many good players and Richmond are well run and wont be a basket case like North are at the moment. Very hard to pry those players out

Also I think people may need to get used to our salary cap being a bit tighter going forward.

Jackson would be first priority if available. Acquiring him probably puts our cap just about at bursting point. If it happens there’s no way we can afford Bolton and/or Brayshaw. Zurhaar may be different- it’d just be finding the picks to get that done that’d be the issue.

Also I think people may need to get used to our salary cap being a bit tighter going forward.

Jackson would be first priority if available. Acquiring him probably puts our cap just about at bursting point. If it happens there’s no way we can afford Bolton and/or Brayshaw. Zurhaar may be different- it’d just be finding the picks to get that done that’d be the issue.
Given the choice, would you prefer Jackson or Brayshaw and Zurhaar?

I'd probably go the Brayshaw/Zurhaar combo if given the choice personally

Rory Lobb is the dark cloud over that hypothetical.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back