Mid-season Draft - Wed, 1 June 2022.

Remove this Banner Ad

Quick, skilled Aboriginal. Would be a decent pick for us. Early 20s I believe. As I mentioned earlier Id pick him if hes available at our pick.

Having watched a bit of our VFL recently, there's no one I'd be excited about taking.

Let's look to a younger player having an impact elsewhere. There's a few in the SANFL I think with more upside than anything we've got. Ditto the young Victorian 19 year olds.

Is Jai Culley likely to be gone before our pick? I don't know how it works with the pick order and who does/doesn't have a pick they'll use.

Last edited:
Having watched a bit of our VFL recently, there's no one I'd be excited about taking.

Let's look to a younger player having an impact elsewhere. There's a few in the SANFL I think with more upside than anything we've got. Ditto the young Victorian 19 year olds.

Is Jai Culley likely to be gone before our pick? I don't know how it works with the pick order and who does/doesn't have a pick they'll use.
Jai Culley will be gone before us, I'm pretty sure the pick order is based on the live ladder, could be wrong though

Jai Culley will be gone before us, I'm pretty sure the pick order is based on the live ladder, could be wrong though
Based on last year draft order. Not all teams have picks below ours, but most do. Not sure exactly, we currently might be pick 6 or so.

What about all the kids predicted to be overlooked due to Covid and lack of games everyone was banging on about last year...where are they hiding?

Based on last year draft order. Not all teams have picks below ours, but most do. Not sure exactly, we currently might be pick 6 or so.

What about all the kids predicted to be overlooked due to Covid and lack of games everyone was banging on about last year...where are they hiding?
Interesting, i didn't know that, either way, Culley should be taken before us

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Kim Kantilla anyone know about him playing in sanfl.
I've been thinking we could do with a second MRJ, and Kantilla seems to play a similar sort of game up forward, but is a bit more of a marking target due to the extra height. From the Tiwi Islands too.

Had 3 goals on debut for South Adelaide. Not sure how he's gone since then though.

I've been thinking we could do with a second MRJ, and Kantilla seems to play a similar sort of game up forward, but is a bit more of a marking target due to the extra height. From the Tiwi Islands too.

Had 3 goals on debut for South Adelaide. Not sure how he's gone since then though.

How well does he guard space?

Josh Carmichael
Club: West Adelaide, SANFL
Height: 189cms
Weight: 88kgs

“The AFL gave some exemptions over the past week and that’s really shaken the tree I think on who clubs are looking at.

“There’s a lot of interest in a guy called Josh Carmichael, 188cm midfielder who kicks goals, he comes from the country to play for West Adelaide this year in the SANFL.

“So he’s got a number of clubs looking at him with their picks.”

Yep don’t think we’d be taking any of our vfl players

Grunt midfielder needed.
Don’t think it would be worth it, have any of the inside midfielders taken in the mid season draft made an impact?

Newcombe maybe, but also some shenanigans went on with him and Hawthron already had agreement on a contract before the draft

I've played against Kim Kantilla and seen a lot of him in the NTFL.

Certainly a talented player and I'd say that AFL is not out of the question, but I think I'd like to see some more sustained form at SANFL level before committing to him.

He has certainly made a positive start at South Adelaide.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back