The Association Football AFL Thread 2.0

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Stoppages, Clearances, contested possessions?

And you think Hewett would have contributed a winning number of each of those? He played in the loss last year to GCS, why didn't we win that one?

And you think Hewett would have contributed a winning number of each of those? He played in the loss last year to GCS, why didn't we win that one?
Maybe. He barely played in the loss. Did he get injured? Played full game in the second meeting, was in your top five contested possessions and you thrashed the Suns by 15 goals!

Maybe. He barely played in the loss. Did he get injured? Played full game in the second meeting, was in your top five contested possessions and you thrashed the Suns by 15 goals!

He did get injured early, but we were already well behind. He was a fine player, but a bit of a plodder. Good when played as a pure mid, but behind players like Mills and Warner who was already going past him.

What a strange conversation. I think you're missing the entire point of my comment.

You‘ve called George Hewett a spud multiple times since he came to Carlton. And now you wrote, “one of your best players is a Sydney reject.”.

My reply was, “One of your best players is playing well.” Was just putting a positive spin on your post. 😂

Last edited:
He did get injured early, but we were already well behind. He was a fine player, but a bit of a plodder. Good when played as a pure mid, but behind players like Mills and Warner who was already going past him.
Swans have a good mid but there still would’ve been room for Hewett if he wanted to stay.

Hayden Young about to sign a 4 year extention for Freo.

Brilliant Young player, great news for The Dockers.

Shane Edwards makes the field over Walters or Pickett? Paddy Ryder over Polly Farmer? They're having a laugh with recency bias.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Heartbreaking, but if it's the best for him then that's all that matters.
Was there any particular reason? I recall him taking personal leave at the start of the year, I'm guessing it was tied in with that?

I thought once he started playing in the VFL it would only be a matter of time until we saw him again.

Was there any particular reason? I recall him taking personal leave at the start of the year, I'm guessing it was tied in with that?

I thought once he started playing in the VFL it would only be a matter of time until we saw him again.
Think he's had some mental health struggles and is finding it difficult to keep his fitness up.

Yep game and celebrations over at 6 .. off for dinner and a night out, less problems with kids. Day game to me > than night game. Good win for fans over TV. Suck s**t Eddie McGuire who all in for later start

Was miles away even in the VFL. All the best to him …great entertainer

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back