EPL Matchday 38 (Manchester City Champions)

Remove this Banner Ad

Say what you want about half n half scarves, I really need one of these right now.
1653021037647.png

Well this is exciting. 4th time since the takeover we've come to the last day off the season with the title on the line, and this is by far the least confident I've been of coming out on top.

You can't escape the narrative in the press that Liverpool are going to win everything this year, and it makes a real difference that we have to win, not draw like 13/14.

Stones and Walker are back in training, I don't know if either will play but if they do that will settle my nerves a lot.

You will be 2-0 up by the 10th minute imo.

The quadruple/Gerrard narrative is a strong one but sadly football doesn’t work like that.

Why?

You want to be a yoyo team if you come back up?

Yes. To be not threatened by relegation but no chance of pushing for Europe would be such a dull season. These days with the Conference at least there's less dead spots on the PL table, but I sometimes wonder what fans of clubs like Soton and Palace actually take out of a season.

Yes. To be not threatened by relegation but no chance of pushing for Europe would be such a dull season. These days with the Conference at least there's less dead spots on the PL table, but I sometimes wonder what fans of clubs like Soton and Palace actually take out of a season.

Beating teams like Spurs, Arsenal, Man U etc and seeing their spoilt fans have a melt over it.

Worth being in the PL just for that alone.

I agree with this but I'll take a year or two of mid-table mediocrity after this season.

With the changes at UEFA you’d think next season English teams will perform well enough to get a 5th UCL spot for 23/24. 1 x Europa via 6th. FA Cup winner Europa spot. 1x conference.

2x Manchester
3x London
Newcastle
Leicester
West Ham.

So much competition now

I agree with this but I'll take a year or two of mid-table mediocrity after this season.

Surely this morning's win was the best win you've experienced in some time? Hindsight helps now that you're safe, but surely that's a hugely memorable moment for you? As you say, sure now you'd want to try to charge up the table over the next few seasons, but the emotion of a successful relegation battle is brilliant.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Surely this morning's win was the best win you've experienced in some time? Hindsight helps now that you're safe, but surely that's a hugely memorable moment for you? As you say, sure now you'd want to try to charge up the table over the next few seasons, but the emotion of a successful relegation battle is brilliant.
Definitely the best Everton win I've ever experienced, not in terms of quality obviously but just what the win meant and how it was achieved.

That's why I agree that it beats out that year on mid-table mediocrity and honestly I think it's what this club needed, a real jolt and kick up the bum. But it was also incredibly stressful and at times very unenjoyable, so there's both sides of the coin to look at.

What I would like is to go back to fighting for European places. I don't think anyone expects Everton to be fighting to win the league but give me those battles for 5th/6th/7th and I'll be a happy man again.

You will be 2-0 up by the 10th minute imo.

The quadruple/Gerrard narrative is a strong one but sadly football doesn’t work like that.
It was the Andy Carroll/Kevin Nolan in 13/14.

And the Brendan Rogers narrative a few years back.

So it doesn't always come true, will just be more sickening if it does as you know it'll just come up time and time again if the worst happens.

It was the Andy Carroll/Kevin Nolan in 13/14.

And the Brendan Rogers narrative a few years back.

So it doesn't always come true, will just be more sickening if it does as you know it'll just come up time and time again if the worst happens.

I don't remember either of those narratives lol.

Will be massive choke job if city drop it from here 😂😂😂😂😍😍😍

Well this is exciting. 4th time since the takeover we've come to the last day off the season with the title on the line, and this is by far the least confident I've been of coming out on top.

You can't escape the narrative in the press that Liverpool are going to win everything this year, and it makes a real difference that we have to win, not draw like 13/14.

Stones and Walker are back in training, I don't know if either will play but if they do that will settle my nerves a lot.
You will be fine, if it was away from home I would hold out some faint hope but at the Etihad, you guys will s**t it in. Plus dont Villa get 20m if Grealish wins the PL so I'm sure the big wigs have had a word with Gerrard.

in fairness i reckon norwich wouldn't mind a dull midtable season just once, the poor buggers

Disagree, think they're pretty happy with how things go for them at the moment. Every second season they win promotion. Same with Fulham.

If they want to sue they should sue.

This is the equivalent of a player getting in the refs face shouting at him to send an
opponent off.

The FA should tell them both to STFU.

Last edited:
Anyone thought that amid this talk of Gerrard or Coutinho, or Ings willing Villa to a point or better, that Liverpool haven't actually won their game against Wolves yet?

No, me neither. But I guess I could happen.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back