Preview Changes: R10 vs St Kilda, Saturday May 21, 7.00pm ACST @ Adelaide Oval

Remove this Banner Ad

I found it rather amusing in the Richmond vs StK game last year there was a Broad, Short, Long and Highmore all on the ground at the same time.
Like when Brisbane played Melbourne back in the early 2000s there were was Daryl White, Josh Green, Simon Black and Jono Brown v Nathan Brown and Jeff White

Blame him.. he could have said, my form ain't great a long while name -- could I possibly be tried in another postion? "NO! How dare you DARE Browny"
Someone Reaction GIF

No face off thread yet, so will post here.

Saints have beaten us only once since they held us to just 24 points in 2011. That was our lowest score ever at the time, and that record stood for 10 years until last year's Essendon debacle.

Last year's match in Cairns of course was the thriller, or should I say Thrillthorper. Riley lit up in the last 8th (last half of last quarter) for 2 of the 3 goals that earned him the RS nom for the round. Who could forget the over the shoulder goal that sealed the match?

Both sides have wholesale changes from that game, 10 outs for us, 11 for the Saints. Butts, Seeds and Sloane the most notable for us; Steele, Higgins, Butler, Dunstan and Highmore for the Saints.

That said, our forward core of Walker, McAdam, Thilthorpe, McHenry, Fogarty and Rowe is unchanged from that day, Rachele and Murphy also come in.

Adelaide Oval has not been a happy place for the Saints, their only wins there being against us and Port in consecutive rounds in the Covid affected 2020.

I'm thinking without Steele, Higgins and Butler, at home, and after at least showing some contest against Brisbane, we have to be a better chance than the $2.94 odds suggest.

I expect Brad to be out to prove a point against his old club, however.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Saints have beaten us only once since they held us to just 24 points in 2011. That was our lowest score ever at the time, and that record stood for 10 years until last year's Essendon debacle.

Last year's match in Cairns of course was the thriller, or should I say Thrillthorper. Riley lit up in the last 8th (last half of last quarter) for 2 of the 3 goals that earned him the RS nom for the round. Who could forget the over the shoulder goal that sealed the match?

Both sides have wholesale changes from that game, 10 outs for us, 11 for the Saints. Butts, Seeds and Sloane the most notable for us; Steele, Higgins, Butler, Dunstan and Highmore for the Saints.

That said, our forward core of Walker, McAdam, Thilthorpe, McHenry, Fogarty and Rowe is unchanged from that day, Rachele and Murphy also come in.

Adelaide Oval has not been a happy place for the Saints, their only wins there being against us and Port in consecutive rounds in the Covid affected 2020.

I'm thinking without Steele, Higgins and Butler, at home, and after at least showing some contest against Brisbane, we have to be a better chance than the $2.94 odds suggest.

Start a game one in queue

I’ll explain this slowly Skammer.

Elite Crow aka George Kramer initially complained about Dawson playing as a Defender against Brisbane. I called him out and he subsequently admitted that he hadn’t watched much of the match 🙄.

Players do have a “position” but unlike the good old days (in the 1960s) the role of the wingman, half back, half forward have changed. Hell, we might not even rest the ruck rover in the back pocket.

Dawson has spent time as a defender this year and opposition coaches then try to drag him deep into defence. Against Brisbane he played almost entirely on the wing. In the third quarter he spent plenty of time in the D50 because the ball spent almost all the quarter in the Brisbane front half.
He’s a smart player and Nicks knows it so gives him licence off a wing to read the game and position accordingly , he also started a couple of centre bounces at half forward

When he matches up on a forward they’re just going to drag him deep in our defence as the oppo coaches aren’t stupid . They know how damaging he is and that we don’t have much else

Sholl confirmed as the sub.

What's with the journalists continually asking about Milera? It's really tedious.
Sholl is being managed & this is a smart use of the sub... so we get game time into others... particularly Pedlar.

Rachele would be a good candidate for a sub next week.

He’s a smart player and Nicks knows it so gives him licence off a wing to read the game and position accordingly , he also started a couple of centre bounces at half forward

When he matches up on a forward they’re just going to drag him deep in our defence as the oppo coaches aren’t stupid . They know how damaging he is and that we don’t have much else
When the only tool you have is a hammer, every problem looks like a nail

Butler being out is good for us...but Mason Wood is in...does jack all against most sides, but looks a million bucks against us...much like effing Motlop for the Power.

Rory on AA last night saying how great our tall forwards and rucks/relief rucks are. Combine that with a stacked midfield and it’s pretty easy to see where the blame is.
Delusional! Let's get to work and sign them all to long contracts asap

Last edited:
They said he'd be out Saturday morning, but turnaround to short to have the doctors go over him and the fitness staff to test him to see if he's physically fit to play (assuming he does feel OK).
Most people still feel after effects for a week or so after coming out of iso. Playing straight out of iso would be very risky

I expect my spidy senses to give me yet another win on the Crows. Haven’t been wrong in my betting on the Crows so far this year. The odds have to be good though and Ladbrokes was $3.10 last I looked. Hope to continue the winning streak!

No, not at all a gambler. Save it all for selected footy games and this very, very winnable game at great odds is that very sort of Crows game to get on. 😉

Remove this Banner Ad

Back