How did you vote in the House of Representatives at the 2022 Federal Election?

How did you vote in the 2022 Election

• LNP

Votes: 4 5.6%
  • Labor

Votes: 31 43.1%
  • Green

Votes: 22 30.6%
  • Independant

Votes: 6 8.3%
  • UAP

Votes: 1 1.4%
  • PON

Votes: 1 1.4%
  • Other

Votes: 7 9.7%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Remove this Banner Ad

Once you have cast your vote indicate who for.
Feel free to take part if you have already voted either Pre-poll or Postal
No need to say why as we have plenty of threads to cover that.

alp 1

5 minutes after i pushed my paper into the ballot (complete with notes on some of the candidates) realised i made a mistake though. should have gone independent 1, alp 2. there's been some groundswell for ind in my seat, but not really enough to skip past lib/alp. could have made a better contribution had i put independent 1st. may not matter in the wash-up when someone comes out on top but i feel quite silly because of this. i made a booboo. i feel somewhat better as i generally am not someone who castigates 'low information voters' or the intelligence of voters because of principle.

can't remember who i put last, there was 4 parties vying for that position.

alp 1

5 minutes after i pushed my paper into the ballot (complete with notes on some of the candidates) realised i made a mistake though. should have gone independent 1, alp 2. there's been some groundswell for ind in my seat, but not really enough to skip past lib/alp. could have made a better contribution had i put independent 1st. may not matter in the wash-up when someone comes out on top but i feel quite silly because of this. i made a booboo. i feel somewhat better as i generally am not someone who castigates 'low information voters' or the intelligence of voters because of principle.

can't remember who i put last, there was 4 parties vying for that position.
I am a firm believer of putting a good independent at #1, regardless of your political preferences

Independents who don’t have the backing of a party machine are reliant on the electoral funding they get from first-preference votes to fuel their campaign. We should encourage more good independent candidates (if only to hold the majors accountable) by directing our $1.50 their way wherever they are deserving.

By all means put your preferred major party at #2, but don’t funnel your money into their anonymous state coffers when it could be going directly to a committed local representative

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Pains me greatly to inform that my daughter is voting Liberal in House of Rep.

She is in Shorten's electorate )ha ha) but all is not lost as I have been in my grand-daughters ear and when she turns 18... her mother will be surprised.:)

She is in Shorten's electorate )ha ha) but all is not lost as I have been in my grand-daughters ear and when she turns 18... her mother will be surprised.:)

I hear she's a bluebagger too!

Shorten holds Maribyrnong with a margin of 23.4%, if more people voted like your daughter it would be a lot better for the local community

Liberal or Labor, I cannot understand people who support the incumbent in uber-safe seats. Do you like being completely ignored by both parties?

Shorten holds Maribyrnong with a margin of 23.4%, if more people voted like your daughter it would be a lot better for the local community

Liberal or Labor, I cannot understand people who support the incumbent in uber-safe seats. Do you like being completely ignored by both parties?
True but if enough people do that you might be unpleasantly surprised when the results roll in. I think I preferenced LNP above ALP last election (Greens #1) for this reason (I'm also in Shortens electorate) but it could be a dicey proposition.

And from the sounds of it that is not what Maggie5 daughter was doing.

True but if enough people do that you might be unpleasantly surprised when the results roll in. I think I preferenced LNP above ALP last election (Greens #1) for this reason (I'm also in Shortens electorate) but it could be a dicey proposition.
Theoretically sure, but nobody flips a 23% margin at a single election without any kind of warning. Shorten has zero chance of losing today.

Voting against the incumbent is a long term strategy - help the challenger make ground this time, they get more money and support next time. More money and support they get, the closer the margin gets

Once the seat starts to be in play, I agree voting tactically is dangerous

Theoretically sure, but nobody flips a 23% margin at a single election without any kind of warning. Shorten has zero chance of losing today.

Voting against the incumbent is a long term strategy - help the challenger make ground this time, they get more money and support next time. More money and support they get, the closer the margin gets

Once the seat starts to be in play, I agree voting tactically is dangerous

I think your philosophy only comes into play if there's signs that the incumbent is taking their electorate for granted.

Voted ALP first, ON last. In a field of 8, there were five that I would have liked to put equal last.

All safe seats are taken for granted
To an extent. I wouldn't expect Morrison or Albanese to spend as much time in their electorate during the campaign as some backbencher. If your local member is a minister or shadow minister and their portfolio is important to you, I guess you have to weigh up how much time and effort is reasonable for them to spend on the local issues, while focusing on key parts of the party's policies for the country over the next three years to show that they aren't taking the piss.

I suppose it depends how flagrant it is to me and how much evidence there is of it being an issue with Shorten in particular.

In a relatively marginal seat, Lindsay, and put ALP first, local member from LNP 3rd last, UAP 2nd last and ONP last. Highly doubt the ALP can win the seat given they only installed the candidate 2 weeks before Christmas, but it could come down to the pro-scomo v anti-scomo vote

I am a firm believer of putting a good independent at #1, regardless of your political preferences

Independents who don’t have the backing of a party machine are reliant on the electoral funding they get from first-preference votes to fuel their campaign. We should encourage more good independent candidates (if only to hold the majors accountable) by directing our $1.50 their way wherever they are deserving.

By all means put your preferred major party at #2, but don’t funnel your money into their anonymous state coffers when it could be going directly to a committed local representative
Independents mostly just focus on local issues. A country needs a coordinated central government focusing on bigger issues then local. Unless you think choosing the independent has an influence on which of labour or libs gets to power then you havd wasted your vote and pushed Australia further down the path of pork barrelling (usually a local independents main priority) and lack of long term vision.

Back