EPL Matchday 37 - On Optus Sport

Remove this Banner Ad

The fan is a ****wit but in that situation you keep walking.

He's moving around Vieira getting in his face, how is he meant to keep walking? And with Sharpe's issue so recently, how does Vieira know he's not about to get king hit?

He's moving around Vieira getting in his face, how is he meant to keep walking? And with Sharpe's issue so recently, how does Vieira know he's not about to get king hit?
He’s behind Vieira ready to walk away when Vieira turns around and reaches out to grab him.

why are you pitch invading after one of your worst ever top flight seasons? what are you goading vieira about? a guy who had a better season than your club? these pitch invasions are out of control

He’s behind Vieira ready to walk away when Vieira turns around and reaches out to grab him.

Exactly, he's behind Vieira, who knows what he's about to do, and with Sharp's recent issue, who can blame Vieira for being on edge?

Bigger question is where the *'s the security?

why are you pitch invading after one of your worst ever top flight seasons?
Maybe because of the pure ecstasy of securing survival, in one of the most dramatic come from behind wins in Everton's long history.

If there's ever a time for it (Outside of winning a trophy), this was it. Wasn't a fan of it after DCL's goal though.

Hard to know how you would react in Vieira's shoes. I think he has a really good defence if/when he does get charged.

I love a good pitch invasion and when I saw it last night I thought it was brilliant. But so many cretins following football nowadays, and we're going round end up sanitising the game any more because these idiots can't handle their booze/coke etc and behave properly.

Like RPCB said, credit to the ones at the end protecting Vieira, probably prevented a really dangerous situation.

why are you pitch invading after one of your worst ever top flight seasons? what are you goading vieira about? a guy who had a better season than your club? these pitch invasions are out of control

Thought it was embarrassing because of this. You've considerably outspent the teams near you including Palace who like you said had a better season and carrying on like that. Sure be happy but they've hardly battled against the odds like Burnley.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

On the other hand, Manchester City needs (wants!) a striker so they go out and buy Erling Haaland. And this is why very few neutrals are in their corner. I'd honestly prefer to see Arsenal win trophies if it means beating City to them.

I knew it was a bad idea (after two years of playing without a genuine number 9) to not only buy one, but then top it off by buying one that doesn't appear to be totally rubbish.

What we're we thinking?

I bet every goal he scores for us is going to make us less and less popular with neutral fans, and surely making neutral fans happy is the whole point of a football club.

Hooefully we get someone really bad as a Dinho replacement, or even better. Don't replace him at all.

Otherwise I think I'm done with this club.

I knew it was a bad idea (after two years of playing without a genuine number 9) to not only buy one, but then top it off by buying one that doesn't appear to be totally rubbish.

What we're we thinking?

I bet every goal he scores for us is going to make us less and less popular with neutral fans, and surely making neutral fans happy is the whole point of a football club.

Hooefully we get someone really bad as a Dinho replacement, or even better. Don't replace him at all.

Otherwise I think I'm done with this club.

hall of fame game missed the point GIF

Not sparing you anything. Benitez is the worst manager that Everton has ever had and Lampard is miles better than that dinosaur.
Alot of your key wins were 10 behind the ball performances. Lampard failed with a loaded Derby squad (hello their current predicament) and was terrible at Chelsea. Benitez has history as a successful manager over many years.

The facts that people have quoted prove nothing other than the pathetic, tribal immaturity Everton have towards Benitez and the double standards when it comes to Lampard.

Alot of your key wins were 10 behind the ball performances. Lampard failed with a loaded Derby squad (hello their current predicament) and was terrible at Chelsea. Benitez has history as a successful manager over many years.

The facts that people have quoted prove nothing other than the pathetic, tribal immaturity Everton have towards Benitez and the double standards when it comes to Lampard.
Yeah righto pal, keep defending that dinosaur. I know he was awful, the stats say he was awful, you won't change anyones mind just because you're a red that has fond memories of when he wasn't washed.

I'll say this but, he should never have been hired in the first place and that the blame should be with the board.

Yeah righto pal, keep defending that dinosaur. I know he was awful, the stats say he was awful, you won't change anyones mind just because you're a red that has fond memories of when he wasn't washed.

I'll say this but, he should never have been hired in the first place and that the blame should be with the board.
Apollo is a Villa fan, as well as Jose.

Honestly, someone give me a valid reason on how this can be anything other than a red card. Please.

View attachment 1404146

It's one of those where if the ref had seen if from a different angle he might have given a straight red. Then once the ref shows yellow there's not enough for VAR to upgrade it. He hasn't connected with his leading foot. He's not off the ground or out of control.

Had to laugh at Pickford running up to the incident and gesticulating when he made a worse tackle on Van Dijk that put him out of the game for a season and he didn't even get a yellow card.

It's one of those where if the ref had seen if from a different angle he might have given a straight red. Then once the ref shows yellow there's not enough for VAR to upgrade it. He hasn't connected with his leading foot. He's not off the ground or out of control.

Had to laugh at Pickford running up to the incident and gesticulating when he made a worse tackle on Van Dijk that put him out of the game for a season and he didn't even get a yellow card.
DCL made a similar tackle later on, got nothing. Probably karma given he scored.

Most pundits I've read/heard have questioned how it wasn't a red.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back