Rumour GFC 2022 Player Trading, Drafting FA, Rumours and Wish lists

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.

He seems to be lowering his colours most weeks. Doesn’t appear to be a significant upgrade on Stanley (who is contracted next year).
His form pre covid would be a huge upgrade on Stanley. His ruck craft alone is something none of our rucks have. Maybe he needs a change to recapture that form. Crows are a long way off competing so they can afford to go younger in the ruck to align with their other young key position players.

It looks like if we participate in the draft it’ll only be one pick even though I think there would be an option to place Simpson or someone else on to the lti list to make a second spot available.
Haven’t heard much about him since pre season but Schlensog would have to be a front runner.
He would tick a lot of boxes young enough for the future but mature enough to play this year, key defender but flexible for other roles, already knows the club which is a big issue for another player to try and come into a club mid season to fit into the club.

Then again if they wanted to pick him not sure why they didn’t in the off season. A lot is going to have to go right for us on and off the field to make an impact this season. We’ve had a difficult injury season that will need to improve and one rookie listed player won’t decide our fate.
Freo didn’t take him either. He apparently broke his hand a while ago. Don’t know if he is back and playing well in WA.

His form pre covid would be a huge upgrade on Stanley. His ruck craft alone is something none of our rucks have. Maybe he needs a change to recapture that form. Crows are a long way off competing so they can afford to go younger in the ruck to align with their other young key position players.
Yeah I’m not shelling out for form from 3 years ago.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Players like Amon are in fact a need for us - he's hard at it, gets the ball and is a wonderful kick. We're in urgent need of a few such players.
Amon hard at it. Haven’t seen that sentence before. Beautiful kick yes, hard no.

Henry keeps getting the ball but doesn’t make the most of it. He is just into his second season playing a difficult position and makes some basic mistakes. Pies supporters have a go at him but I see a massive upside
Rohan out, Henry in

Surely a move that makes sense

Henry to replace Rohan long term (though shorter) but Rohan is a still a very classy player. If Rohan’s form is good for the rest of the year, definitely keep him for another year. Mix and match with Henry.

I'm not anti Rohan - I'm happy to see what he had to offer this year, but beyond this season I'm keeping an open mind if he stays or not, and that should depend on form & other bits of the puzzle

Watching blues tonight makes me think we are even more off a flag than we realise. It’s hard to fathom but there is a chance that not one player on our list will be there for our next flag.

I don’t think we’ll ever drop completely but we need a full list overhaul. Building premiership lists requires batches of elite young players rising together, over a few drafts. I’m talking 12 - 14 guns together over say 3 - 5 drafts. Topped up with a few trades snd FA’s.

We are so far off it’s not funny. Of our young list, I think SDK is the only future A grade superstar in the making. Stengle close Holmes look good… but we need about 8-10 more really good prospects coming through… they haven’t even been drafted yet.

I have no doubt we can do it… I think we have the best or top 3 off field structures, a good culture and some good heads at the top… but it is going to take a long time. A decade maybe to get back up and challenging legitimately.

Exciting times ahead. We MUST prioritise 4 picks within the top 30 the next 3-5 drafts.

Someone get this back to trades. 2 pages of Scott gibberish.

Don't reckon we'll get Ollie Henry anytime soon. Can't see the pies offloading him for a while.
He'd have to demand an exit.

I’d really like us to prioritise 4 picks induce the top 30 each year for the next 3 drafts.

How go we get there in 2022?

Trade a bunch of our later picks for bris R1?

That gets us 3… is really like us to offload a 28+ to try get another top 30 pick

Then target best mids available

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back