Not open for further replies.

wakojako

Norm Smith Medallist
Nov 15, 2020
AFL Club
Fremantle
A failure at 19.....

Ok then.
Sure he is a little behind on his development but how many players have second year blues? He's a 19 year old rookie who has kicked as many goals as the top KPFS taken from his draft year. Let's give him every chance to succeed!

Dockeroo

Norm Smith Medallist
Nov 1, 2019
AFL Club
Fremantle
The last couple of weeks? So has Josh Treacy.

My point is he’s too good to be depth at an AFL club whether that’s here or somewhere else. He’s a best 22 level player who’ll be offered that level of money, maybe better, by other clubs.

My point was that the argument that we need to keep all of our KPDs so we have enough depth is slightly flawed. The system is designed so it’s very difficult to keep players good enough to be best 22 but aren’t best 22 on your list. This applies to any team that has an abundance of quality in any area tbh. Logue, if he’s behind Pearce and Cox would be the best player in the league that is the third best KPD on their list.

He’s been dropped twice this season which is likely a large reason why he’s not considering offers right at this moment. Either he plays every week from now on or he’ll probably leave imo.
A depth player would be Joel Hamling. Ethan Hughes.
Connor Blakely.

Might play 5 games a year.
Logue will play 20 games this season.
He’s not depth.

Plus - are you watching Charlie curnow right now?
Going out to play Against him without Logue is coach sackable level stupidity.

Wilksyy

Tab on a 🦀
Aug 26, 2018
Fremantle
AFL Club
Fremantle
Other Teams
East Freo, Leeds Utd
It does my head in that some are happy to let Logue go. Absolutely a required player.

Who’s saying that? Out of the 3 KPDs in Logue, Cox and Pearce where do you rate Logue? I think Cox is the most talented out of the three, has the potential to be McGovern-like. Pearce, I still have ahead of Logue and he’s always been under appreciated because he fluffs a kick here and there.

Meh, I’m done with this Logue talk. Too many people take it the wrong way.

sdfc

Premiership Player
Feb 15, 2019
AFL Club
Fremantle
Other Teams
Swans
Who’s saying that? Out of the 3 KPDs in Logue, Cox and Pearce where do you rate Logue? I think Cox is the most talented out of the three, has the potential to be McGovern-like. Pearce, I still have ahead of Logue and he’s always been under appreciated because he fluffs a kick here and there.

There are some here who seem fine with Logue leaving.

I agree I think Cox is our most creative defender, though Chapman is catching him. Pearce always seems a game away from a season ending ankle injury.
Logue's versatile. He's played 50 games. Pretty much every defender in the league fluffs the odd kick. Logue's usually pretty tidy.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

tonygeeks

Norm Smith Medallist
Sep 11, 2016
AFL Club
Fremantle
There are some here who seem fine with Logue leaving.

I agree I think Cox is our most creative defender, though Chapman is catching him. Pearce always seems a game away from a season ending ankle injury.
Logue's versatile. He's played 50 games. Pretty much every defender in the league fluffs the odd kick. Logue's usually pretty tidy.

I don’t trust players who have their best year in contract years , plus we’ve put a lot of games into him and carried him through plenty of injuries and now he wants to * off because he’s left out a couple of times for team balance

* him

Sent from my iPad using BigFooty.com

Dockeroo

Norm Smith Medallist
Nov 1, 2019
AFL Club
Fremantle
I don’t trust players who have their best year in contract years , plus we’ve put a lot of games into him and carried him through plenty of injuries and now he wants to duck off because he’s left out a couple of times for team balance

duck him

Probably one of the worst takes I’ve seen here in some time.
The guy literally did an interview two days ago pleading with the club to sign him, that he wants to stay on.

Docker82

Norm Smith Medallist
Jun 21, 2013
Perth
AFL Club
Fremantle

Tell me about it.

Posters said earlier that we didn’t have enough depth without him because Pearce and Hamling are injury prone. What I meant by my previous posts was that depth isn’t the reason we keep Logue. If that’s the reason we’re trying to keep him he’ll leave as other clubs can and will offer him much better.

Apparently that translates to ‘he’s not best 22 and we should trade him’.

I’m literally arguing with posters that agree with me.

Last edited:

sdfc

Premiership Player
Feb 15, 2019
AFL Club
Fremantle
Other Teams
Swans
I don’t trust players who have their best year in contract years , plus we’ve put a lot of games into him and carried him through plenty of injuries and now he wants to duck off because he’s left out a couple of times for team balance

duck him

Obviously wants to stay. It shouldn't be too hard to keep him if the club is serious. He'll play pretty much every game unless his form drops. Too good to leave out.

Feathercap

Senior List
May 20, 2022
AFL Club
Fremantle
First time post after a long time lurking. Compelled to because the drivel from some of our supporters has me fuming. Logue is dispensable depth? Treacy is a failed forward at 19? I mean honestly... Treacy is 19, off the rookie list and coming off no pre-season. The team has been crying out for a bit of aggression in the forward line for years, and for a key forward who can dob them from 50, and we finally have one (on the cheap mind you). A good representation of his potential is the first quarter against North. Tank, stickier hands and leading patterns will come with, ohh I don't know, the many years of development he has left to be an elite AFL forward??

As for Logue - we can all see the occasional brain fades and positioning errors. What staggers me is that people fail to see the overwhelming positives and consider him tradeable. He is one of the better lockdown defenders in the league for athletic talls. That's just unarguable to me. He is also of good character and versatile. At 23, he's far from the peak of his powers. Trading him would be beyond folly. Team balance is a pissweak excuse - quality is quality and there's enough versatility throughout our team to get it working.

tonygeeks

Norm Smith Medallist
Sep 11, 2016
AFL Club
Fremantle
Probably one of the worst takes I’ve seen here in some time.
The guy literally did an interview two days ago pleading with the club to sign him, that he wants to stay on.

So where’s all the Logues getable stuff coming from ….. I don’t watch any MSM

Docker82

Norm Smith Medallist
Jun 21, 2013
Perth
AFL Club
Fremantle

duck him

This post is a little harsh for me but it’s exactly why he’d leave.

He’d be guaranteed best 22 at most teams and dropping him for team balance would never have been a consideration at most. Here he has been borderline but probably isn’t now

Money wise other clubs will pay a guaranteed best 22 player better money. It’s how the system is supposed to work. We’ll need to work harder to keep Logue. That involves finding a way to fit him into the side and paying him market rate.

No one here is saying the club would decide to trade Logue but as an out of contract player the club can’t lowball him.

Last edited:

Dockeroo

Norm Smith Medallist
Nov 1, 2019
AFL Club
Fremantle
This post is a little harsh for me but it’s exactly why he’d leave.

He’d be guaranteed best 22 at most teams and dropping him for team balance would never have been a consideration. Here he has been borderline but probably isn’t now

Money wise other clubs will pay a guaranteed best 22 player better money. It’s how the system is supposed to work. We’ll need to work harder to keep Logue. That involves finding a way to fit him into the side and paying him market rate.

No one here is saying the club would decide to trade Logue but as an out of contract player the club can’t lowball him.
The Dees are able to keep Ben Brown, sam weideman, Tom Mcdonald and Bailey Fritsch all on the list and competing hard for spots while winning flags.
One of them may leave this year but they will probably have two flags won by then as a club, while 4 players are jostling for 3 spots in the team.
Then underneath it all they have Jacob Van Rooyen kicking bags at VFL level each week.
Thats the standard bearer club and what all other clubs are aspiring to.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back