Oppo Camp Non-Essendon Football Thread XV

Status
Not open for further replies.
Jun 9, 2007
Awareness
AFL Club
Essendon
Still don't rate Carlton?

I was looking for you when the Blues lost to the Suns after you claimed they'd be undefeated by Round 10, but you were no where to be seen. Interesting that you choose to bob up now though.

1111.png

Wait, so you rated the Blues but didn't expect them to be good enough to beat the teams they were about to play, like the Suns?

C'mon mate. Get your hand off it. If you're gonna choose when to bob up then let's wait until the end of the season before we start going back.
Please quote where I said they would be undefeated by round 10.

Jun 9, 2007
Awareness
AFL Club
Essendon
Please quote where I said they would be undefeated by round 10.

It's not my job to start searching for quotes. But the idea that you would say you rated them, but then didn't expect them to beat the teams within that scope - which is what a rated side would do, including beating the Suns - then one can make their own educated assessment of what's right.

Nevertheless, you misquoted me. I never said the Blues didn't have the chance in proving to be good - but that it was unlikely that they were due to having no proven record to show it. My point was to wait until they played the rated sides before they were accordingly rated - which was a response to people blowing their load early, claiming they were back, and people like you suddenly using them as a benchmark.

Last edited:
It's not my job to start searching for quotes.
Because I didn't say it.

You've either mistaken me for someone else or made something up.

Either of which is humorous.

I said they'd make people who didn't think they'd be mid table look silly. And you told me I'd gone to early. Fairly obvious they are mid table quality now.

Last edited by a moderator:
Jun 9, 2007
Awareness
AFL Club
Essendon
I said they'd make people who didn't think they'd be mid table look silly. And you told me I'd gone to early. Fairly obvious they are mid table quality now.

No you didn't. You said a few people would be embarrassed about their predictions of the Blues this year. It had nothing to do with mid-tables. That's just you putting that in there as an insurance policy to a s**t take.

The only scenario in which your quote would make sense is if people were predicting them as a bottom 8/a finals pretender side and you thought otherwise. And that's exactly what it was. No one cares about mid-table (vague term) predictions and nothing about such a useless area of the ladder would warrant embarrassment.

How about stop bobbing up when you're comfy and bob up when things ain't so good. Softer than us against the Swans.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back