List Mgmt. 2022 List Management and trading thread

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
I saw this format on the West Coast board and thought it might help understand our current list position

1665798571288.png

Last edited:

LeftyLuke

Cancelled
Mar 29, 2022
AFL Club
Adelaide
Before trading in a KPD I’d like to see what Borlase / McAsey / Worrell can do in an AFL side .
Borlase is too slow for AFL level. Worrell not big enough for KPD, he's taller than Doedee but is not heavy enough and doesn't have the strength to play as a KPD. McAsey likewise just doesn't have the strength or the pace, that's why they are trying him up forward. Himmelberg is worth a shot but if he was good enough I'm sure they would have tried him already. Frampton isn't a long term solution either and can't defend. So that leaves Murray and Butts. If one or both went down we are cooked. I wouldn't mind seeing us do McAdam for Brennan Cox with some pick exchanges. They could use McAdam with Walters getting on in age. The only problem is we better hurry up as I think Logue and Pearce night be looking around. We should be into them as,well if Cox isn't going anywhere.

Last edited:

May 24, 2006
Car 55
AFL Club
Adelaide
Other Teams
Redbacks, Sturt, Liverpool, Arizona
I imagine we'd keep both Himmelberg and Frampton

Low cost bodies, can fill in when needed.

Upgrading would be exceptionally expensive. Any draftee will take years to develop.

One year, low money.

Unless the Bulldogs enquire about Frampton after he blitzed against them 😀

Truck25

Club Legend
Nov 9, 2007
adelaide
AFL Club
Adelaide
Other Teams
Portland Trailblazers

Upgrading would be exceptionally expensive. Any draftee will take years to develop.

One year, low money.

I think until we can find a permanent partner for Butts and hopefully TT I think that is exactly where they sit. Fringe, break glass in emergency. Murray could also be added to that list and probably looking like Mcasey as well.

Jirkago75

Club Legend
Jun 20, 2015
AFL Club
Adelaide
Agreed. Getting rid of both Billy & Berg is asking for trouble, as it would rip a huge hole in our list. Getting rid of Billy is a complete no-brainer, which means retaining Berg for at least another year.
They are both not up to standard but I’d get rid of Himmelberg myself, he’s just not up to it and we have Fog And Tilly to cover him up forward. I don’t see it but if Frampton actually learn to be competent one on one, he could be ok for a few years until we find someone else

Oct 14, 2005
Canberra
AFL Club
Adelaide
Other Teams
Norwood, Adelaide Crows
They are both not up to standard but I’d get rid of Himmelberg myself, he’s just not up to it and we have Fog And Tilly to cover him up forward. I don’t see it but if Frampton actually learn to be competent one on one, he could be ok for a few years until we find someone else
Why would you keep Frampton? He literally offers nothing.

At least Himmelberg can perform as a KPF, when he's having one of his occasional good days. Granted, those days don't occur anywhere near as often as we'd like, but they do happen. Frampton has never looked like it, either as a KPF, KPD or ruck.

Surely you keep the player who has at least shown something?

Jirkago75

Club Legend
Jun 20, 2015
AFL Club
Adelaide
Why would you keep Frampton? He literally offers nothing.

At least Himmelberg can perform as a KPF, when he's having one of his occasional good days. Granted, those days don't occur anywhere near as often as we'd like, but they do happen. Frampton has never looked like it, either as a KPF, KPD or ruck.

Surely you keep the player who has at least shown something?
We have more cover in attack, plus Himmelberg has had countless opportunities as a forward. Besides maybe 3 good games, he has been so poor. He’s also only played in one position and if he’s no good now, he never will be.

Frampton is no better but he’s learning a new position, his attacking side of the game good is good and his kicking is great. His one on one defending is terrible and his biggest downfall, if he got better there, he would be a decent option. It’s a big IF though

We made a mistake not taking Durdin instead of Rowe. He is a clever quick footballer who is showing the type of form he showed in his bottom age year. Rowe wasn’t a bad pick but Durdin has more class and qualities we need
Durdin was taken the pick before we took Rowe.

Nov 1, 2012
AFL Club
Adelaide
Worrell not big enough for KPD, he's taller than Doedee but is not heavy enough and doesn't have the strength to play as a KPD. McAsey likewise just doesn't have the strength or the pace, that's why they are trying him up forward. Himmelberg is worth a shot but if he was good enough I'm sure they would have tried him already.

You seem to be implying that defence is harder and more valuable than playing forward

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Oct 14, 2005
Canberra
AFL Club
Adelaide
Other Teams
Norwood, Adelaide Crows
We have more cover in attack, plus Himmelberg has had countless opportunities as a forward. Besides maybe 3 good games, he has been so poor. He’s also only played in one position and if he’s no good now, he never will be.
We have more cover in attack? Which universe are you operating in? We have ZERO coverage in attack.
Frampton is no better but he’s learning a new position, his attacking side of the game good is good and his kicking is great. His one on one defending is terrible and his biggest downfall, if he got better there, he would be a decent option. It’s a big IF though
Frampton has been in the system for an eternity. He's worse than useless in the forward line, and can't defend to save himself when played in defence. There is literally no position where he's remotely close to AFL standard.

Aug 31, 2007
Adelaide
AFL Club
Adelaide
We have more cover in attack? Which universe are you operating in? We have ZERO coverage in attack.

Frampton has been in the system for an eternity. He's worse than useless in the forward line, and can't defend to save himself when played in defence. There is literally no position where he's remotely close to AFL standard.
Umpiring?

Nov 1, 2012
AFL Club
Adelaide

Screen scraping still in fashion

LeftyLuke

Cancelled
Mar 29, 2022
AFL Club
Adelaide

One year, low money.

Frampton for Dunkley:)

Jirkago75

Club Legend
Jun 20, 2015
AFL Club
Adelaide

That’s My opinion , we have zero options down back. Murray and McAsey are not ready and Murray is no better at defending one on one then Frampton.
Tilly has shown he can kick goals and has potential to get better

Rix31

Debutant
Mar 20, 2013
Adelaide
AFL Club
Adelaide
Frampton has all the athletic and physical traits to make a competent KPD. He just doesnt read the game or the ball well which you can understand, as he said himself, he has never played down back before.

I see it going two ways. Either the defensive reading of the game never clicks for him and he plays depth only/sanfl, cheaply.

Or he puts it together and we have a competent defender who has that offensive rebounding string to his game as well (which would be really exciting from a key position player). Again, he wouldn't cost too much.

I say roll the dice, give him another few to see what happens.

On SM-G935F using BigFooty.com mobile app

Jul 6, 2017
AFL Club
Adelaide
Frampton has all the athletic and physical traits to make a competent KPD. He just doesnt read the game or the ball well which you can understand, as he said himself, he has never played down back before.

I see it going two ways. Either the defensive reading of the game never clicks for him and he plays depth only/sanfl, cheaply.

Or he puts it together and we have a competent defender who has that offensive rebounding string to his game as well (which would be really exciting from a key position player). Again, he wouldn't cost too much.

How do you teach instinct?. As a defender you either have it or you don't. If he is second guessing his man or always reactionary to reading the play he will never make it as a 1 v 1 that can beat his man and create play

LeftyLuke

Cancelled
Mar 29, 2022
AFL Club
Adelaide

The powaa would have tried Billy down back some time ago. Tbh if Nick's was in charge earlier I doubt Frampton would be on our list. The club would be scouring the league for decent tall defenders. Freo would be my first destination.

WeedsMullet84

Cancelled
Oct 31, 2018
AFL Club
Adelaide
Other Teams
Celtic, Glenelg

Curnow kicked 6 on McCartin last night, maybe we shouldn’t be too harsh on old Billy. Needs more time in the SANFL to learn his craft.

Woeful help from the rest of the defensive unit, along with record inside 50’s from the Blues, doesn’t help!

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com

WeedsMullet84

Cancelled
Oct 31, 2018
AFL Club
Adelaide
Other Teams
Celtic, Glenelg
How do you teach instinct?. As a defender you either have it or you don't. If he is second guessing his man or always reactionary to reading the play he will never make it as a 1 v 1 that can beat his man and create play

Oh come on mate, he’s clearly shown he’s above the SANFL level down back, based on instinct, he just doesn’t have the craft yet.

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back