Opinion Non-Crows AFL 5: Save Ken

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
I can see Pyke and Bucks getting another go. Cameron had 9 years at the Giants with a supremely talented list and achieved duck all, so no club should really be taking him on. Hird nearly destroyed one and, Sanderson, haha.

Pyke pretty much destroyed a list. He might get another crack, but he’ll have that hurdle to get over.

Close AFL game to watch tonight?

Friday's Fun Facts with Grotto.

Under Horse, Sydney have only lost 4 games since 2019 by more than 40pts.
Incidentally they have not lost a game by more than 40pts in Victoria during that time.
The Facts continue, thought it was going to blow out at HT. Think again.

Sydney kicking 1.5 in the last quarter is what cost them the game.

Carlton will be vulnerable in September if they dont fix this aspect of their game. Games are tighter and elite players will kick straight.

If this is a mistake by the umpire he needs to be dropped

If he has made a correct call as per his instructions all those above him in the umpiring/rules department need to be fired

I'd say
80% holding the ball
19.8% play-on
0.1% report for simulation
0.1% holding the man

(Log in to remove this ad.)

If he has made a correct call as per his instructions all those above him in the umpiring/rules department need to be fired

Kinda like the one where they pinged the Swans player for running too far (while ignoring he bounced it) and then paid a 50m dissent penalty against him when he asked what he did to give away the free.

Pyke pretty much destroyed a list. He might get another crack, but he’ll have that hurdle to get over.
Reminds me a bit of Josh McDaniels who just got hired by the Raiders in the NFL. Smart X's & O's guy, wasn't a good man manager at all his first go round and tanked the Broncos in the short time he was there because of it. He's reflected on that, owned up to the fact he was to blame and got another shot (remains to be seen if he walks the walk though).

If Pyke is open and honest with himself and knows that's his weakness and works to improve it I can see him getting another chance if he wants it. I know he did try and change when he was here, but it was too little too late by the time he did (and may have felt disingenuous to the group when he went from hard-ass to let's have fun!).

Yeah and that umpiring account on Twitter thinks it's a correct decision 🤦‍♂️

I mean you look at the footage (normal speed, slow motion, whatever) and the ball is clearly not dislodged in the tackle

Hehe, I posted the same video on my FB page last night. Unsurprisingly didn't get a response from a few Carlton footy expert mates I have.

Disldoged? f*ck me, if that is what the umpires come out and say we are in big trouble. Weitering appeals for HTM by putting his arms up in the same action that the ball is 'dislodged'.

These are the sorts of decisions that change matches.
What is absolutely disgraceful is the umpire was right there and saw him drop the ball in the tackle
Name and Shame umpire # 14

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back