Autopsy Round 10 vs Bulldogs, Mars Stadium, Saturday 21st May, 1:45pm AEST

KaySwizzle

Club Legend
Aug 19, 2020
AFL Club
Gold Coast
The fact that we are still in this game is amazing. Dogs had 20 minutes to blow us off the park but didn’t. They have been ruthlessly effective going inside 50, but horrible in front of goals.

Can’t rely on that to win games… Hopefully we can get on top and make them frustrated at their waste. Tough ask. Dogs mids are on today.

Nov 17, 2009
Gold Coast
AFL Club
Gold Coast
Umpiring has been incredibly bad
Just ask for consistency
I guess you could argue they are consistently favouring the opposition
Must be fantastic to have an Oliver or a Dangerfield or a Bontempelli in your team because they never ever incorrectly dispose of the ball

Mar 14, 2014
AFL Club
Gold Coast
Other Teams
Las Vegas Bears
Steven King needs to be in there ripping shreds off the midfield group for their defensive work rate. Worst half all season from them.

Mar 18, 2011
Everett
AFL Club
Gold Coast
Other Teams
New England Patriots
The move to put Swallow into the midfield came about twenty minutes too late. Anderson & Rowell need to find a way to at least compete when they are against mids that have their skill level inside the contest. Libba has chewed both of them up. Yet the Coaches persisted with that setup. I'm not even sure why Swallow didn't start in there given his recent form. Bizarre.

Sucks to hear about Rory, but hopefully not too serious. Losing Farrar as well is no good. Our back six now look very short. I suppose we were due for some injuries.

Great so see Jeffrey show some reward for us persisting with him. Rosas however is at a real risk of getting dropped right in time for the Darwin games. That'd be very disappointing for him. Can't carry him forever.

Overall not bad - I was expecting the Dogs midfield to run rampant. We are a contested ball side, and they are absolutely elite in that area. Don't have much of a plan B when that falls through, seemingly.

RowellAnderson12

Norm Smith Medallist
Nov 4, 2019
AFL Club
Gold Coast
Other Teams
Liverpool, Max Verstappen, Pacers, DR3
Still in the game, getting smoked in the mid and air.

Just gotta kick straighter than them, Rory knee a big loss today

Back