Autopsy Round 10 - Autopsy vs Narrm - The Good, The Bad & The Oliver

Disco Dew

Premiership Player
Mar 21, 2022
AFL Club
North Melbourne
Other Teams
Chicago Bulls
I didn’t hate it. 2.5 quarters of decent footy was nice to watch. Great to have JHF back, so damn good!
Not sure what’s up with jy and TT but man these games would be a bit closer if they could find their form form last year.

How good were the umps today? 😂 Jesus Christ, that was some of the worst I’ve seen. There were moments there were I was sure we were playing the doggies.

Anyway, a 47 point loss to the best team almost feels like a win such is the way out season has gone so far.

Hang in there everyone!

Sep 11, 2003
Slovenia
AFL Club
Richmond
Other Teams
Liverpool
Masterful tagging job by Huge Greenwood - Oliver finishes with 43 touches, 5 marks, 6 tackles, 13 clearances and 605 metres gained.

Thought we were really good for two and a half quarters. Ran out of gas in the tank in the last.

Don't really know what Jy is doing this year. Ditto TT although at least he has the internal bruising to blame.

The game plan is starting to become clearer and clearer. Week by week we get better at doing the little things for longer. Ultimately it's a loss but it's probably by less than we would have thought it would be.

We need Massimo
I’m sorry but no.
We were -40 for inside 50’s.
Had a total of 34 inside 50s in a game of football.
Had a total of 12 scoring shots in a game of football.

Melbourne weren’t clinical today and we kicked well from the chances we had.

Those numbers are attrocious and paint an accurate picture. Just because we kicked well and they were wasteful it doesn’t change the reality. We were absolutely smashed. -40 in inside 50s is ridiculous.

Disco Dew

Premiership Player
Mar 21, 2022
AFL Club
North Melbourne
Other Teams
Chicago Bulls
Hopefully people start to judge Young fairly and not with whipping boy tinted glasses on. Good again today.
I’ve come around, after a few weeks of being not bad, I reckon he’s not hit pretty good status. Good on him

The Butcher

All Australian
Mar 8, 2011
AFL Club
North Melbourne
Umps gifted goals to GoDees early, north gifted goals to GoDees late. Inbetween it was a good game. I'll watch the replay just to be mistified again as our mob move the ball out of the d50 from kick ins like an AFL standard organisation, the first 3qtr's anyway.

Thought X did well in the taps.
Thought Hayden should be posting more in the sack Luffs et al threads. Could go a little easy on the turnovers as well just for giggles.
I'd like to know what proportion of our F50 entries result in marks/ball ups compared to our oppo and how that is trending.
I had a dream last night that Boomer was the injury sub and kicked 3 last qtr goals and gave one to Curtis, reality continues to disappoint.

benbanjo

Norm Smith Medallist
Aug 16, 2009
AFL Club
North Melbourne
There was actually plenty of good stuff.

Goldy took it right up to the only bloke who has given him trouble in his career and did well, Xerri Rucked well, but offered little around the ground.
OUr defense stood up from a huge amount of entries, Corr was good and Walker gave Brown a bath, McDonald was gifted some goals, so were a few more of them.

we got some outside game happening, but still lost in the contest, Cunners would have been a real help today, no Chance Oliver is getting that much of it with him in there.

Also plenty of poor stuff again.
Lmac, Simpkin, Turner, Greenwood, Jed, Walker(was good today), Hayden, these players are all below standard kicks, missing their targets far too often, we arnt going anywhere until this is sorted.

Umpiring was the worst i have seen in a ling time, wow was it bad.

Need more from Thomas, But he did work his way into it.
Greenwood, what was he doing, Wasnt tagging and wasn't getting the ball, been disappointed in his this year.

Anyway, Melbourne are the best team and we are equal worst, i thought we were once again better this week, but the scoreboard will show another bad loss.

Nylex

Club Legend
Mar 24, 2018
AFL Club
North Melbourne
A decent stride forward today. Defensive effort across the ground was a big improvement on previous games. Our skills and ball movement are also considerably better at Marvel. Still require more scoring shots. Hopefully Comben goes some way to solving this. Possibly play Jy at half forward/ fwd pocket. Jy is having limited impact on the midfield this season, get him amongst the goals and locking the ball in our forward 50m with Paul Curtis and Zurhaar. Bailey Scott, Corr and Young all good down back

Oct 12, 2008
The North of Melbourne
AFL Club
North Melbourne
If you didn't know player names and your vision was blurred you'd be hard pressed to know who our senior players are.
i thought kayne had a good night, we know he's a limited player but he went hard when he needed to.

May 8, 2003
Hamish Paradise
AFL Club
North Melbourne
Other Teams
Islanders, Nuggets
Imagine the difference win our side if we had 2 ins like Saad and Dawson or Rich and Adams even a Crisp and Howe. Which replaces a Hayden and Walker. We’d be 5 goal better straight away.
We had the chance to get Howe but Joyces said he was a one trick pony...

Themanbun

Brownlow Medallist
Apr 19, 2019
AFL Club
North Melbourne
Bailey Scott's best game for the club too.

Back