Autopsy Round 10 - Autopsy vs Narrm - The Good, The Bad & The Oliver

Remove this Banner Ad

Today showed that there's light at the end of the tunnel.

Predicting a solid increase in performance throughout the second half of the season, similar to last year.

LDU, Thomas, Powell, JHF, Perez, Curtis, Scott, Phillips, Stevo. These guys have wild amounts of improvement to come. We've got a great young core, it's absolutely a case of just sticking it out. It's painful af right now, but tonight showed us the glimpses of football that keep us watching week in week out.

My positives:

1) JHF kicked that goal and reached for a pen. His team, he feels it, he knows it.

2) I had the (c) on Oliver across the board.

3) No goal for Brown although that first one was some miss. To be fair to Corr and Walker, three goals to the Demons talls was well done.

4) Bailey Scott finally becoming that half back weapon.

5) Real bravery from Taylor and a body on the line mark from Powell in the back line at one stage. These are still little bodies, they did well. Bodes well.

I’m sorry but no.
We were -40 for inside 50’s.
Had a total of 34 inside 50s in a game of football.
Had a total of 12 scoring shots in a game of football.

Melbourne weren’t clinical today and we kicked well from the chances we had.

Those numbers are attrocious and paint an accurate picture. Just because we kicked well and they were wasteful it doesn’t change the reality. We were absolutely smashed. -40 in inside 50s is ridiculous.

I suppose time will tell. I’m as pessimistic as the next man but even I could see the glass half full side of today’s effort. I’m afraid you’re a lost cause AC.

On iPhone using BigFooty.com mobile app

We’ve got a game plan based on short accurate kicks and we’ve got a back line full of guys who can’t kick for s**t. Add in Jed and Simpkin and there is no way we can pull off this game plan. If we are too, we have to turn over at least half the list. We need to trade Simpkin while he still has value. His skills and decision making are so so poor.

As for the umps, don’t just blame Eleni. They were all s**t. Wasn’t a case of the rules being shot tonight it was a diabolical display. Any 50/50 was paid to Melbourne while ignored for us. And the ump that penalized TT’s tackle should never umpire again. It was literally the perfect tackle. Wrapped him up with the ball, got him in the midriff and used one motion. It was perfect.

Been critical of Scott and Young but both are in a good streak of solid games.

I think we beat them in the hit outs but Xerri not doing much around the ground hurt.

Couldn’t believe Jack had 16 possessions, he was absolutely anonymous.

Powell need to play more in the middle, he is Uber class.

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com

My positives:

1) JHF kicked that goal and reached for a pen. His team, he feels it, he knows it.

2) I had the (c) on Oliver across the board.

3) No goal for Brown although that first one was some miss. To be fair to Corr and Walker, three goals to the Demons talls was well done.

4) Bailey Scott finally becoming that half back weapon.

5) Real bravery from Taylor and a body on the line mark from Powell in the back line at one stage. These are still little bodies, they did well. Bodes well.
3rd quarter - 5.25 on the clock and 2.16 on the clock. Fantastic from both of them.

Umpires were atrocious.
First five goals for Melbourne all came from frees.
The Xerri goal was telling. It got us within a kick except Larkey was molested and Greenwood was decapitated in the lead up and both were play on.

Boys thought it’s just not gonna happen for us today.

There needs to be a please explain.
That umpiring performance was criminal and ruined a game that we took to the Demons. Club needs to call it out.

Last edited:
Really happy with today.

Positives:

Thought they coached really well.

LDU was fantastic. As was Bull.

Bailey really improving with the added faith.

McDonald should stay as a defender. LDU is a starting mid. Two east tweaks that improved us.

I thought our rucks were considerably better for majority of the game.

Powell & JHF are seriously talented. It shines through against that quality opposition.

Souv worked his arse off.

Go with that structure and approach to ball use for the rest of the year and we will win games.

Negatives:

Hate potting umpires, but that was a disgrace.

Corr let us down in the first half.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Brad Scott is Officer Barbrady.

Ds fellated all game, particularly inside 50 and in their forward half.

Somehow, it is still 2 kicks the diff in the 3rd quarter and not only was Larkey held 15m out with both arms.

Not only was his run blocked from the ball.

When Larkey cut back towards the ball, the D defender held him with one arm and pushed him down to the ground over the the shoulder with the other and of course the D wasn't even looking at the football.

Move along people...nothing to see here.

First positive, my pineapple on us to beat the 63.5 pt's line turned into $95

The early penalising of Tarryn's perfect tackle set the tone for the umpiring from go to whoa, and not just Eleni either.

Effort was there today, thanks boys.

Flynn is coming along nicely.

We must get the ball butchers out, especially in defense, i hope we grab Massimo in the MSD, exactly what we need asap

There is a genuine disparity between the Umpires and how they read the play and it has a huge effect on the result of games, especially for teams at the bottom of the table. Our players busted a gut today, but the missed free kicks in the first half to JHF (at least two, possibly four), Greenwood and Larkey while Melbourne received four or five that the commentators and replays showed were lucky or weren't there at all, I think played a part in the fourth quarter effort. The game was lost primarily thanks to inconsistent umpiring when in fact we should have been level pegging with the premiers at three quarter time.

Boys thought it’s just not gonna happen for us today.

We’ve started games from this point and sunk lower before.

Was a significant improvement on that.

We played a lot more conservative with ball movement and looked better for it.

I feared a triple figure loss so will take what we got.

We desperately need to play a side remotely in our neighbourhood on the ladder.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back