Autopsy Round 10 - Autopsy vs Narrm - The Good, The Bad & The Oliver

Remove this Banner Ad

If they are that short on quality umpires then they need to start thinking of reducing it back to two.

It’s the second time this year we have been given Eleni on the back of the rationale that she can’t impact the final result.

In saying that as horrible as she was, she was eclipsed by her mate No.26. Normally they are bad and it impacts both sides, but it seemed like it was one way traffic with the unexplainable and outright s**t today.

Yes, we weren’t winning, but it is frustrating when you turn up to watch your team and they are given very little hope of competing through incompetent officiating.
Unfortunately for Eleni she stands out for being female. The umpiring was shocking across the board, I was actually curious if it was the same officiating group we had for the Carlton game.

I don't mind some bad calls if it smooths out at the end but it really felt like one way traffic favoring the GoDees.

So it was 52-29 for the other 3 qtrs. Yeah, it was the umps.
Stop defending what was disgraceful umpiring. No one is saying it caused us to lose, but anyone with two eyes could see that everyone in that stadium was subjected to was not even close to the standard that should be expected in a professional sport.

It’s actually quite funny that one of my mates got a pie at half time and a person on the register actually went out of their way to say…….. gee you guys are getting shafted today.

Unfortunately for Eleni she stands out for being female. The umpiring was shocking across the board, I was actually curious if it was the same officiating group we had for the Carlton game.

I don't mind some bad calls if it smooths out at the end but it really felt like one way traffic favoring the GoDees.
She was pathetic, but No.26 took it to a new level today.

Eleni shouldn’t be umpiring at that level plain and simple. It’s not her gender, she just is no good. If the AFL is going to push player dissent, then they really shouldn’t be subjecting players to that level of officiating. I actually thought our players were super disciplined to only give away the one 50 for dissent.

Hugely improved effort.

Much, much better and I think we tested them at times.

Sure we have been run over late, but that was to be expected when the heat went out.

ps: Umpiring an absolute disgrace.
Did someone do a count how many goals these Mt Bulla skiers Kicked from free kicks in front of goal ? Including the disgraceful 50m penalty against LDU ?

When the 'top team' gets most of their opportunities from free kicks against the bottom side, what's stopping us from asking the question?

We had only Larkey as our target, lost Xerri, and we still had them on the ropes despite the umpiring.

The game was lost when things went so against us.

Boys should be proud because they were the only team that left nothing in the tank. Dees would be feeling dirty about being bullied around by a 17th place footy side that took dubious umpiring at best to get them home.

* man I am so pissed at what our game is becoming.

For those that watched the match on TV did the commentators say anything in relation to the horrid umpiring decisions when they made the calls.
They commented on a high tackle that wasn't paid but moved on pretty quickly.

Did someone do a count how many goals these Mt Bulla skiers Kicked from free kicks in front of goal ? Including the disgraceful 50m penalty against LDU ?
I tried looking for that information but couldn't find it anywhere. During the game I think I counted 6-2 to Melbourne, but there were also a few missed frees in front our goals that were ignored.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Boys had a fair dimkum dip, proud of em. Umpires bloated the score difference. Was *ing dreadful umpiring. The hornet had his head ripped off on several occasions. Reckon he could have finished we 3 goals. TT’s tackles were perfect, (rugby league experience very obvious…textbook “cheek to cheek”) not his fault the weak campaigners crumpled to the ground. Corrs best game in the blue and white, wasn’t a free on McDonald, *ing soft.

Last edited:
Stop defending what was disgraceful umpiring. No one is saying it caused us to lose, but anyone with two eyes could see that everyone in that stadium was subjected to was not even close to the standard that should be expected in a professional sport.

It’s actually quite funny that one of my mates got a pie at half time and a person on the register actually went out of their way to say…….. gee you guys are getting shafted today.
Plenty of crap decisions went our way as well. Including 2 dropping the ball decisions that were not paid against us in our backline about 10 seconds apart. But agree on rub of the green definately going against us.

Plenty of crap decisions went our way as well. Including 2 dropping the ball decisions that were not paid against us in our backline about 10 seconds apart. But agree on rub of the green definately going against us.
Turner got away with a couple of silly things but then got pinched for a few soft ones… balances out I guess 🤔

She was pathetic, but No.26 took it to a new level today.

Eleni shouldn’t be umpiring at that level plain and simple. It’s not her gender, she just is no good. If the AFL is going to push player dissent, then they really shouldn’t be subjecting players to that level of officiating. I actually thought our players were super disciplined to only give away the one 50 for dissent.
and that wasn't even there....

and that wasn't even there....
We’re you surprised given the decisions they made today?

You could have actually mistaken the umpires for fanboying and fangirling today.

It was perfectly summed up with the Gawn free kick at the end of the game. Unless something happened prior to him running into Xero, at the ground it looks like Xerri fists the ball away and Gawn runs into him.

Last edited:

Remove this Banner Ad

Back