Ardent Roo

All Australian
May 9, 2011
1st & Goal
AFL Club
North Melbourne
Other Teams
Auburn Tigers - War Eagle!
No I didn't. It's a 430 timeslot on a Saturday of an election. The reigning premiers didn't muster up much of a crowd either. Potting the most passionate group of members in the competition, the year they have broken their membership record after years of dog s**t performance doesn't sit well with me. I go when I can, take my kid members along too. So duck off with your bullshit
On what evidence can you possibly say that we're the most passionate group of supporters? On what I saw this afternoon you're misguided there.

Johnny99

Club Legend
Sep 15, 2011
In a house.
AFL Club
North Melbourne
Club is the one that should be ashamed.
I can't remember the last time I have wanted to watch a replay of a game on kayo.
I can't remember the last time I have wanted to talk footy at work, on a Monday morning.
How often have I said after a nmfc game, that was a wasted afternoon.
The club to get to get to this level of sh1tness, has done a lot wrong.
It's the nmfc that should be ashamed, not the people who support it.

Weird how posters see this. You see 13k crowd whilst I saw on the screen we want 50k members. Wasn't too long ago that ad said the 30k.

Aug 25, 2006
Mount Waverley
AFL Club
North Melbourne
Disgraceful 13k Crowd after a long time between games in Melbourne.

Don’t come back when we start winning, pathetic.

More Melbourne supporters here than North!

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com
I went but it’s a bit harsh to expect people to turn up and watch a side that has been putting in the effort we have.

Today they missed a performance that was definitely an improvement. I actually thought the scoreline flattered Melbourne given that they were given every advantage by incompetent umpiring.

But as I said on the main board Melbourne had the difficulty of shooting for goal with an umpire hanging off their knob.

RossHenshaw

Club Legend
Sep 12, 2020
AFL Club
North Melbourne
Disgraceful 13k Crowd after a long time between games in Melbourne.

Don’t come back when we start winning, pathetic.

More Melbourne supporters here than North!

Agree 100% Errol !
What a farking disgrace … plenty of BigFooty spineless pc key board opinionated warriors here without the balls to attend our home or away games !
In case we get humiliated & lose .
I say one thing to u all ,
* all of u ! You know who u are !
This was our cheer squad today ?!
What an embarrassing disgrace.
I might not be always right or people might not agree with my comments here on BigFooty.
But One is for sure …. I’m a proud North Melbourne Football Club MEMBER & proudly wear my colours at every game we play !
F0FBAAF3-7912-4369-9A70-F5ECC09AC7A1.jpeg

shimaburnsgrieg

Premiership Player
Apr 1, 2017
AFL Club
North Melbourne
Agree 100% Errol !
What a farking disgrace … plenty of BigFooty spineless pc key board opinionated warriors here without the balls to attend our home or away games !
**** all of u ! You know who u are !
I might not be always right or people might not agree with my comments here on BigFooty.
But One is for sure …. I’m a proud North Melbourne Football Club MEMBER & proudly wear my colours at every game we play !View attachment 1405767
I can see myself in that photo Rossco - not in the cheer squad but in there. There was quite a strong ...NORTH MELBOURNE ...chant going when we got within a goal in the third....

Orange Peanut

Norm Smith Medallist
Feb 6, 2013
AFL Club
North Melbourne
Get ****ed. Seriously. There's heaps of reasons and one of them is the time slot. Another is the election another is our form. JFC this bullshit annoys the s**t out of me. We are a small club so we dig in and buy memberships we get zero value out of, and that's not good enough? Here I was in a positive mood after getting home halfway through the second quarter and seeing some genuine good signs, and now I'm getting told to hang my head in shame. Suck my ******* dick.

Aug 25, 2006
Mount Waverley
AFL Club
North Melbourne
I was there, but I’m not sure shaming people for not being there is going to make them attend?

People expecting people to turn up in force given what we have produced for the last 5 weeks, must be the eternal optimist.

The only thing that is going to improve attendance is to start playing good footy.

Jul 8, 2018
AFL Club
North Melbourne
Agree 100% Errol !
But One is for sure …. I’m a proud North Melbourne Football Club MEMBER & proudly wear my colours at every game we play !View attachment 1405767

I think this is a bit harsh…

Personally, I have been going to less and less games even though I am 20+ year member.

Parking, reserved seats (barcodes), transport, difficulty trying to buy a drink or bite to eat, cost of living challenges - Just some of the issues to weigh up for the average punter versus watching on fox in the comfort of your own home with Uber eats and a beer at arms length without having to line up for half an hour. I think viewing habits for most AFL supporters would have changed after Covid?

The last game I went to was Brisbane at the Gabba earlier this year - I think I might have PTSD?

Errol Street

All Australian
Jun 2, 2007
Errol Street Nth Melb
AFL Club
North Melbourne
All the excuses on here. Not a cloud in the sky, family friendly time, home game (first in a while) and probably 4K north supporters.

What does this bode for our future? Where are the supporters during the hard time?

Sorry this is a new North low, embarrassment .

I was there, but I’m not sure shaming people for not being there is going to make them attend?

People expecting people to turn up in force given what we have produced for the last 5 weeks, must be the eternal optimist.

The only thing that is going to improve attendance is to start playing good footy.
A lot of factors that have been mentioned already are fair for impacting crowd size.....but it's no excuse for having only 13K turn up.

And when that crowd number figure popped up on the screen.....the laughs and commentary from melbourne supporters was telling.

What rebuttal can you say? You know how people say 'we may not have the most but we have the best supporters in comp'........what an absolute joke that is.

It's embarrassing.

If you live in Melbourne and 'choose' not to go......you're part of the problem and any opinion you have on this forum whether I agree with it or not...is dog s**t to me.

Don't engage with me on here.....you're not worthy.

I may post s**t you don't like, don't agree etc but I turn up to my team's games regardless of how the team is going.

RossHenshaw

Club Legend
Sep 12, 2020
AFL Club
North Melbourne
I think this is a bit harsh…

Personally, I have been going to less and less games even though I am 20+ year member.

Parking, reserved seats (barcodes), transport, difficulty trying to buy a drink or bite to eat, cost of living challenges - Just some of the issues to weigh up for the average punter versus watching on fox in the comfort of your own home with Uber eats and a beer at arms length without having to line up for half an hour. I think viewing habits for most AFL supporters would have changed after Covid?

The last game I went to was Brisbane at the Gabba earlier this year - I think I might have PTSD?

How do I reply to you with this piss poor excuse of a so called supporter ..,,
You are not a Shinboner …

Last edited by a moderator:
Aug 25, 2006
Mount Waverley
AFL Club
North Melbourne
A lot of factors that have been mentioned already are fair for impacting crowd size.....but it's no excuse for having only 13K turn up.

And when that crowd number figure popped up on the screen.....the laughs and commentary from melbourne supporters was telling.

What rebuttal can you say? You know how people say 'we may not have the most but we have the best supporters in comp'........what an absolute joke that is.

It's embarrassing.

If you live in Melbourne and 'choose' not to go......you're part of the problem and any opinion you have on this forum whether I agree with it or not...is dog s**t to me.

I may post s**t you don't like, don't agree etc but I turn up to my team's games regardless of how the team is going.
The same Melbourne fans that werent showing up when they were a joke? Short memories.

RossHenshaw

Club Legend
Sep 12, 2020
AFL Club
North Melbourne

It's embarrassing.

CBB7D0BD-2315-4F80-B190-44D901446475.jpeg

Mr north man

Premiership Player
Mar 12, 2016
AFL Club
North Melbourne
Agree 100% Errol !
Your spot on crowd was a Fu:king disgrace

Back