Autopsy Round 10 vs Bulldogs, Mars Stadium, Saturday 21st May, 1:45pm AEST

Remove this Banner Ad

I think Rowell is a gun. He is Matt Rowell! But 6 touches is 6 touches.

He and Fiorini need to be dropped for that. Less than ten possessions as a mid is criminal. Let Rowell come back and dominate at his best. (I give him a 0% chance of being dropped though).

I think Rowell is a gun. He is Matt Rowell! But 6 touches is 6 touches.

He and Fiorini need to be dropped for that. Less than ten possessions as a mid is criminal. Let Rowell come back and dominate at his best. (I give him a 0% chance of being dropped though).
I'd "manage" him

I did not watch 2nd half. Am I missing something? We probably got more injuries than Thompson and Farrar.

Live Interchange bench at the end of the game.
62/75INTERCHANGES MADE
999715.png
J.Farrar
75 min

993799.png

B.Fiorini
16 min

297456.png

N.Holman
10 min

1009208.png

M.Rowell
12 min

281075.png

R.Thompson
Injured

6 day break from a heavy rain game. Do we put much stock into that for the clear down game from all our bash-and-crash mids? (Swallow notwithstanding).
Rain wasn't THAT heavy
I used to love playing in the sort of weather we had last week
It was showery- like being in front of a fan mister
The ground at Metricon is soft though I guess

That’s why they got rid of Brodie…

Because we have so many good midfielders.

I love the way Rowell attacks the ball and player, but he’s not playing at AFL level at the moment.

Not embarrassed but our weaknesses were laid bare. Relying on 20 year olds in start midfield spots is fraught with danger. Rowell got his hand on the pill a fair bit, but wasn't strong enough to get it away.
He had 5 possessions.

3rd season now, he should not be having games like this.

Some serious focus should be put on the lack of talls in defence - now that Rory seems gone again! Ballard etc really panicked once that extra tall was no longer there - so possibly Sam Day might need to fill the spot. Anyone but Caleb 'you know who'..... Losing Farrah was a disaster as well which made the final score pretty respectable given the circumstances. Both of Lemmens and Buderick worries me....Weller was way off except for a couple of good things at the end. Markov turned a lot over - always seems panicked or running faster than his brain thinks. We leaked bad last week but still won - this week we were found out both mid and in defence BUT we have some great cattle in the 2s that deserve a chance. ...and lastly I know he's a great guy but Holman does not get enough of the ball - should be under some scrutiny given the talent knocking on the door.

He had 5 possessions.

3rd season now, he should not be having games like this.
We don't know what role he was playing
He will be his worst critic which is why he is and will be a champion
No doubt the gameplan which crazily nearly worked was to not get blown away early and then make a dash for home'
Whether Buzz was being asked to run with I don't know.Didn't look like it but maybe

(Log in to remove this ad.)

That’s why they got rid of Brodie…

Because we have so many good midfielders.

I love the way Rowell attacks the ball and player, but he’s not playing at AFL level at the moment.
There's a guy called Constable in the 2s who's a lot like Brodie - reckon we might play him given his ability to get in and under?

We don't know what role he was playing
He will be his worst critic which is why he is and will be a champion
No doubt the gameplan which crazily nearly worked was to not get blown away early and then make a dash for home'
Whether Buzz was being asked to run with I don't know.Didn't look like it but maybe
Looks like to me they have given him the real in and under role - which he just might not be up to at his age. He's not the biggest mid going around. I'd like him to have a slightly reduced role and a little more outside - see how he goes. He seems to get plenty of the ball but is grabbed, manhandled and robbed of the ball too often - but then I assume Lachie Neale was like that when he was younger. Rowell's a champ - just not sure he's being coached correctly. Hate to see us burn another one before his prime only to see him rip it up for someone else.

Looks like to me they have given him the real in and under role - which he just might not be up to at his age. He's not the biggest mid going around. I'd like him to have a slightly reduced role and a little more outside - see how he goes. He seems to get plenty of the ball but is grabbed, manhandled and robbed of the ball too often - but then I assume Lachie Neale was like that when he was younger. Rowell's a champ - just not sure he's being coached correctly. Hate to see us burn another one before his prime only to see him rip it up for someone else.
Agree they're asking a lot of him, but let's not forget this is really only his second year-he had a full year out
That was his 27th game of AFL footy
Noah is a year advanced on him
Calls to drop him are ridiculous

I think people are being real rough on Rowell after 1 really poor game. Bloke is top 5 in the league for contested touches. We were lauding him for his work against Freo and specifically Serong.

While I would personally give him a rest, he will have a better run at it against Hawthorn next week.

I think people are being real rough on Rowell after 1 really poor game. Bloke is top 5 in the league for contested touches. We were lauding him for his work against Freo and specifically Serong.

While I would personally give him a rest, he will have a better run at it against Hawthorn next week.
He's got a rest coming up-the bye
He needs to play and play

Wouldn't be surprised if Rowell is carrying an injury. Funny though that he was getting praised all week that he's back to his best and now we are dropping him. Probably the one positive is that we had a dirty day and still were in it at times and didn't get blown away. Other years that was a 10 goal loss. Oh and Jeffery, really happy for him to get some reward i reckon he will be a gun. Hollands in next week please.

As long as we are mathematical chances of finals, Rowell plays mid, as soon as that passes, put him on a wing or half forward for his development.

Rosas is still electric, I don't like the thought of playing a vfl mid who has been racking up touches as an afl fwd, they are two completely different positions.

Fiorini has to be dropped, Hollands, Constable or Bowes in.

We were within 7 points with a minute to go, it's not bad. This is last years grand finalist who are playing decent football. We have 3 winnable games and the bye in the next month, let's not do anything rash

Finally, I had a chance to finish watching the game.

Pretty incredible that we were only 7 points down with 40s to go and had even chances to possibly win it considering we were soundly beaten in clearances and contest for the most of the game.

Players had a go until the end but it was average game from us. Contrary to Freo game weight of numbers was not good. Too many players did not bring their A game.

Absolute spanking in the middle in the 2nd quarter. Credit to Bulldogs but it was very frustrating to see in the last quarter when we mixed it up, took risks, were aggressive and Witts became less predictable we could compete there.

Jeffrey showed how talented he is. Some people wanted to drop him after one game.

Rosas finally became lively in the last quarter and I would persist with him in Darwin.

Ainsworth and Rankine had another good game.

Collins got bath from Naughton early. Credit to him he fought back in 2nd half.

It could be curtains for Rory at the end of the year, I am afraid. Just too fragile. Time to start talking to Jones who is keen to play AFL.

Swallow was absolute star. He looks rejuvenated. Farar was probably 2nd best player until injury.

It will be interesting to see who will replace Thompson and Farar. I would also replace Fiorini.

Now the fun starts in Darwin. There are no easy games. I watched Crows against Saints tonight. Crows had a chance to win it until the last 3 mins.

Pretty incredible that we were only 7 points down with 40s to go and had even chances to possibly win it considering we were soundly beaten in clearances and contest for the most of the game.

Players had a go until the end but it was average game from us. Contrary to Freo game weight of numbers was not good. Too many players did not bring their A game.

Absolute spanking in the middle in the 2nd quarter. Credit to Bulldogs but it was very frustrating to see in the last quarter when we mixed it up, took risks, were aggressive and Witts became less predictable we could compete there.

Jeffrey showed how talented he is. Some people wanted to drop him after one game.

Rosas finally became lively in the last quarter and I would persist with him in Darwin.

It could be curtains for Rory at the end of the year, I am afraid. Just too fragile. Time to start talking to Jones who is keen to play AFL.

Swallow was absolute star. He looks rejuvenated. Farar was probably 2nd best player until injury.

It will be interesting to see who will replace Thompson and Farar. I would also replace Fiorini.

Now the fun starts in Darwin. There are no easy games. I watched Crows against Saints tonight. Crows had a chance to win it until the last 3 mins.
Is Jones keen to return?
That would be a good stop gap while Andrew develops.

Name one poster who said Jeffrey should be dropped.

After last week everyone I read said he was quite but should give him at least until the end of the Darwin matches - 4 in a row to show what he’s got.

Agree that these upcoming matches, whilst winnable, are absolutely not gimmes.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back