• Lachlan Sholl (sub)

• Brodie Smith

• Jake Soligo

• Kieran Strachan

• Riley Thilthorpe

• Taylor Walker

Results are only viewable after voting.

Remove this Banner Ad

He can, but where do you think he’d be better? It’s our s**t inside mids that need bolstering and that’s what he played as a junior
Funny way of conceding he can play as a wingman...

I said he would be a wingman now & become an inside player eventually.

Many inside midfielders start off as wingmen in the AFL... which was my point last week to both you & Bicks.

"Matthew Nicks Post-Match: R10" on YouTube

Goodwin? Wasn’t he half back? But even if I’m wrong that was 25 years ago. Come one Kane, where’s the examples?
Geez, you are in a s**t mood tonight!

Bottom line in Soligo showed he can play on a wing & you were wrong!

Fog having a stinker. Can't get near it.

Last few minutes of Q3 he clunks a couple of great contested grabs. Obviously fired up, desperately trying to get into the game.

Siren blows.

At the huddle surely it's Yes, Fog... great attack... that's what we want to see... not your game but it might be your moment... keep that going in Q4... we"ve been getting slaughtered in the air... need a forward to stand up like that etc

Could he turn an utter stinker into something?

Following this brief spurt that hopefully signalled a turnaround in a dreadful game our brainstrust decides.....

<drumroll>

To sit him on the pine for the first 10 minutes of the last quarter

It's like a bowler whose been struggling for wickets and finally takes one. Have a spell there mate

Our feel for the game, for player's confidence, for every little nuance of football outside of our predetermined rotations is zero.
At some point a player needs to take responsibility for his performance

And it’s that time for Fogarty

Geez, you are in a s**t mood tonight!

Bottom line in Soligo showed he can play on a wing & you were wrong!
I said that. I said he would also be a better mid in a position we need badly. You made a statement, I asked you to back it up and your example was 25 years ago. It has nothing to do with moods so don’t be a tool. It’s asking you to back up what you said.

Really conflicted here. We only lost because st kilda had one of those nights where they literally could not miss and we could not buy a gosl. Game should have been over as a contest in the 3rd quarter so that says we had enough ball and opportunities to put away a side vying for top 4.

That said, man can this side butcher the ball. Some of that goal kicking on a dead still clear night was horrific. Then to give goals away by not executing accurate 20 metre kicks in defense is just unforgivable. I am really tired of the try real hard but not up to the job skillwise players like mchenry and murphy. We are simply not going to climb the ladder if we are relying on guys that just cant execute.

We had fog who barely saw it in the first half, got a bit involved in the 3rd then may as well have been in the showers in the last. Murray gave away height down back and got exposed hy a guy that CAN contest mark and finished like we coukd only dream strachan battled but got touched up and he contrived to cough up a dreadful turnover goal.

There simply are too many guys that wont be good enough imo to take this club further. I really want to see players like parnell, borlase, newchurch, pedlar, worrell, taylor etc get game time so we can see something new.

On MMM on the way home one of the ex players commenting said adelaide keep going back to the same centre square set ups and keep getting the same results..put some youth there to see what they can do. Maybe he is right

He’s done , 1 guy doesn’t cost you the game but that was pretty close

No other club will go for him , his AFL career is done

Gee Soligo was good , you can see what the coaches saw in him in pre season even though it took a while to see it

Cost us the game? Seriously! Hate on the guy all you like but cost us that game. Ridiculous

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Soligo the one positive out of tonight.

Everything else was dire.
You consider pushing another top 4 contender in consecutive games "dire"???? We don't have the experience to beat them right now given how young the core playing group is still but the rebuild is heading in the right direction though so this is another positive out of tonight.

Really conflicted here. We only lost because st kilda had one of those nights where they literally could not miss and we could not buy a gosl. Game should have been over as a contest in the 3rd quarter so that says we had enough ball and opportunities to put away a side vying for top 4.

That said, man can this side butcher the ball. Some of that goal kicking on a dead still clear night was horrific. Then to give goals away by not executing accurate 20 metre kicks in defense is just unforgivable. I am really tired of the try real hard but not up to the job skillwise players like mchenry and murphy. We are simply not going to climb the ladder if we are relying on guys that just cant execute.

We had fog who barely saw it in the first half, got a bit involved in the 3rd then may as well have been in the showers in the last. Murray gave away height down back and got exposed hy a guy that CAN contest mark and finished like we coukd only dream strachan battled but got touched up and he contrived to cough up a dreadful turnover goal.

There simply are too many guys that wont be good enough imo to take this club further. I really want to see players like parnell, borlase, newchurch, pedlar, worrell, taylor etc get game time so we can see something new.

On MMM on the way home one of the ex players commenting said adelaide keep going back to the same centre square set ups and keep getting the same results..put some youth there to see what they can do. Maybe he is right
Maybe it was because we were still in the game until the last few minutes so Nicks correctly thought he didn't have to change anything.

Kick to advantage.

We are ridiculously bad at it.

If you can't hit a person on the lead, which we clearly can't, just kick to the advantage of the contest, not to the contest.

Just kick it to the bloody side that gives our players the best chance of winning it. Our kicks end up bringing the opposition into the contest.

You consider pushing another top 4 contender in consecutive games "dire"???? We don't have the experience to beat them right now given how young the core playing group is still but the rebuild is heading in the right direction though so this is another positive out of tonight.
Other than Hill playing his one good game for the year and King, they weren't that impressive.

A halfway decent team would have beaten them by 30 points tonight.

Other than Hill playing his one good game for the year and King, they weren't that impressive.

A halfway decent team would have beaten them by 30 points tonight.
Like we would have done if we had kicked straight in the first 3 quarters instead they kicked 4 goals in the last 4 minutes of the final quarter and we loss by 4 goals but like I said we aren't final contender just yet but the core list we are building is heading in the right direction though.

Last edited:
Oh here we go this excuse again, King has ALWAYS attacked the ball like he did tonight

And yet over first 16 games RT averages more disposals, tackles and goals!

King is very good and hopefully Thilthorpe develops as he has. But at same stage there is t much between them - with Riley being slightly in front

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com

Our tackling was pretty good in some games earlier this year. Richmond and Bulldogs games from memory and someone mentioned we had a new tackling coach. Was poor tonight. Their mids got around us too easily. Any change of direction we slipped over.

Overcommitted to the tackles. Charged in full bore and they danced around us like a matador waving a red cape

Clearances were better! Held our own despite losing hit outs. Strachan at least puts some body work into the opposing ruckman. Might lose the tap but doesn't give up anything decisive. And doesn't put it on a platter for the opposition's #1 mid Like ROB does.

Murray some good efforts defensively. Looking forward to him being our No 2 key defender again. How did King end up on someone else so often though?

Luke Brown a bit better

Brodie Smith mostly very good after a down week last week off his concussion.

Will Lachie Murphy kick as many goals this season as Tyson Stengle kicked today?

Get him in the centre square please. Not a forward.

Back