The off topic thread 5.0

Remove this Banner Ad

Strong Green and climate independent support too.
Massive. Thanks to 2 party proffered that's why Labor will get the win, the Green and independents giving their increased votes to Labor who often were the 2nd most voted for. Can't remember which coverage said it but Labor might get less 1st preference votes this election than last

Faith in the country restored with the teal/green results. Even if Labor doesn't need to work with them it would be crazy to ignore what the swing in voters actually was towards. Labor the right party to hopefully make Australia an even more progressive nation

Faith in the country restored with the teal/green results. Even if Labor doesn't need to work with them it would be crazy to ignore what the swing in voters actually was towards. Labor the right party to hopefully make Australia an even more progressive nation

And there'd be no swing if people thought their vote didn't matter in safe seats. ;)

My seat had a massive swing towards Independent even though the Libs won the seat. It sends a pretty strong message.

And there'd be no swing if people thought their vote didn't matter in safe seats. ;)

My seat had a massive swing towards Independent even though the Libs won the seat. It sends a pretty strong message.
Just look at WA. Coalition strongholds seeing absurd shifts to Labor. Your vote ALWAYS counts.

And Goldstein as well, held by conservatives since Federation now taken by an independent.

My seat moved by less than half a percent and the incumbent got an easy win as predicted. Definitely not worth going out of my way for that vote.

If the boundary hadn't moved and I was in a seat that looked at risk then maybe I'd spend the hour or so to cast a vote.

My seat moved by less than half a percent and the incumbent got an easy win as predicted. Definitely not worth going out of my way for that vote.

If the boundary hadn't moved and I was in a seat that looked at risk then maybe I'd spend the hour or so to cast a vote.

:rolleyes:

My vote may have swayed the +0.57% swing to wait for it...... +0.57%. Taking it from a 8-9% safe seat to 8-9%. Yep worth it ;)

Lead has grown overnight.

You can't seriously be talking literally about a solitary vote and not the general mindset of voters that would impact on a large portion of people turning out and voting? After that result last night and the swings we saw? Come on man..

(Log in to remove this ad.)

You can't seriously be talking literally about a solitary vote and not the general mindset of voters that would impact on a large portion of people turning out and voting? After that result last night and the swings we saw? Come on man..
Yes I'm talking about my single vote. As I've said previously, I value the electoral system and if I was still living in the electorate I would vote and would never donkey vote. But as an overseas voter it's not worth my hassle, for a safe seat that was never going to swing by enough for the incumbent to lose, and in fact it slightly went the other way and the margin grew. Said many times that for me it's not worth the hassle when I wasn't overly impressed with either major party & there wasn't a strong independent candidate in the seat.

I was previously in a seat that swung massively last night and thought I was still registered there and if I was I'd have voted

What a spectacular fail by United Australia Party spending $100m on barely getting anywhere. Craig Kelly was on of the first to lose his seat lol.

Voters are not interested in crackpot conspiracy theories they have been promoting in their advertising (apart from maybe the conspiracy theory koolaid board on bigfooty).

Would have helped if they had a proper plan on how they were going to deliver on all the promises they make which sound great in theory but were unrealistic to achieve in reality.

Dont think they are helped by having Palmer, a dodgy billionaire phoenix company merchant being the public face of them either.

Yes I'm talking about my single vote. As I've said previously, I value the electoral system and if I was still living in the electorate I would vote and would never donkey vote. But as an overseas voter it's not worth my hassle, for a safe seat that was never going to swing by enough for the incumbent to lose, and in fact it slightly went the other way and the margin grew. Said many times that for me it's not worth the hassle when I wasn't overly impressed with either major party & there wasn't a strong independent candidate in the seat.

I was previously in a seat that swung massively last night and thought I was still registered there and if I was I'd have voted

Then you still fail to spectacularly miss the point. Well done. Moving on..

Then you still fail to spectacularly miss the point. Well done. Moving on..
I brought the f'ing point up that MY vote would be a waste of my time, and I am the one who missed the point.
Jennifer Lawrence Reaction GIF

What a spectacular fail by United Australia Party spending $100m on barely getting anywhere. Craig Kelly was on of the first to lose his seat lol.

Voters are not interested in crackpot conspiracy theories they have been promoting in their advertising (apart from maybe the conspiracy theory koolaid board on bigfooty).

Would have helped if they had a proper plan on how they were going to deliver on all the promises they make which sound great in theory but were unrealistic to achieve in reality.

Dont think they are helped by having Palmer, a dodgy billionaire phoenix company merchant being the public face of them either.
282441872_1360119347805295_6335380381532361965_n.jpg

Their first national policy didn't even sound good in theory. A complete fail.

HOME OWNERSHIP

A maximum of 3% interest on home loans

Liberal and Labor’s trillion dollars of debt ($1,000,000,000,000 – a million million) will increase home loan rates to 4% in two years and to over 6% in three years.

At 4%, over 60% of Australians will default on their mortgages and will lose their homes. At 6% or more over 80% of Australians will lose their homes.

The real estate market will then collapse and foreign buyers will flood our real estate market as they will have the money to buy up our properties. We have to stop Australians from losing their homes!

The United Australia Party will introduce a maximum interest rate for all home loans of 3% per annum for the next five years to save Australian homeownership.

You're the one who was looking to disagree with something we actually agree on lol

What on earth do we agree on? I'm saying every vote matters because it contributes to the swing away from the incumbent. If everyone thought as you did there wouldn't be those swings and lost seats. Such a poor mentality to think your vote didn't matter just because your vote is a literal tenth of a percent or whatever.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back