The Manager Merry-go-Round

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.

How does Potter not get a gig before Howe, Viera or Frank?

Finished behind Newcastle and Palace last season and now we're above those two and Brentford on the table.
Potter and Frank should be the top 2 followed by Howe. The rest have performed as you'd expect from their club. Palace having a great season is a myth when you look at the table

Honestly its the dumbest decision the club has made - I’ve not seen this sort of anger amongst supporters since Götze left.

Watzke needs to duck off, and fast.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Since February at home you’ve conceded …

5 v Leverkusen
4 v Rangers
4 v Bochum
4 v Leipzig

Not good enough. Getting knocked out of Europe by Rangers was obviously not acceptable

The rest have performed as you'd expect from their club. Palace having a great season is a myth when you look at the table
Err no.
Vieira has done very well given the squad turnover.

Potter and Frank should be the top 2 followed by Howe. The rest have performed as you'd expect from their club. Palace having a great season is a myth when you look at the table

Myth?? They were tipped to finish bottom.

Go and have a look at our match day squads for those games.

I’m actually shocked we finished second with this list

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Come on still better than Bochum and Rangers at least. You lost to St Pauli in the cup, finished behind Sporting Lisbon in group stages. Lost 16 games from 47. Rose had similar injury problems in his first season at Gladbach so maybe the demands on the players as well.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Myth?? They were tipped to finish bottom.
They have a top half wage bill and are 13th. Perhaps myth is too harsh. But overhyped for how good a job he did. Sure the turnover is a risk to take on. But financially they are backed to be finishing top half. Not saying he should be sacked, and I think they'll be the side to push on next season for that 6-8th spot but he shouldn't be nominated for finishing 13th (assuming they stay 13th)

They have a top half wage bill and are 13th. Perhaps myth is too harsh. But overhyped for how good a job he did. Sure the turnover is a risk to take on. But financially they are backed to be finishing top half. Not saying he should be sacked, and I think they'll be the side to push on next season for that 6-8th spot but he shouldn't be nominated for finishing 13th (assuming they stay 13th)
Yeah nah x2.

1. He’s not being overhyped.
2. 6-8? Lol no. Manchester x2, liverpool, chelsea, Spurs, Arsenal, West ham, Newcastle, Leicester. That’s 9 clearly superior clubs.

Klopp could still win a quadruple.

Yeah nah x2.

1. He’s not being overhyped.
2. 6-8? Lol no. Manchester x2, liverpool, chelsea, Spurs, Arsenal, West ham, Newcastle, Leicester. That’s 9 clearly superior clubs.
With no European football next season and the 9th highest wage bill, Crystal Palace should be aiming to be the side to punch above their weight and push into the top 6. There's bound to be a side from the big 6 who stumbles more than they should and someone can aim to take that spot.

Clubs should finish within 3 spots of their spot on the wage table. Finishing 13th even with the upheavel he helped guide through isn't a stellar effort worthy of nomination.

Assuming Klopp doesn't win the league and CL my MOTS top 5 would be:

1. Frank
2. Potter
3. Conte
4. Howe
5. Pep/Klopp
6. Lage
7. Moyes

Vieria would be under that group

With no European football next season and the 9th highest wage bill, Crystal Palace should be aiming to be the side to punch above their weight and push into the top 6. There's bound to be a side from the big 6 who stumbles more than they should and someone can aim to take that spot.

Clubs should finish within 3 spots of their spot on the wage table. Finishing 13th even with the upheavel he helped guide through isn't a stellar effort worthy of nomination.

Assuming Klopp doesn't win the league and CL my MOTS top 5 would be:

1. Frank
2. Potter
3. Conte
4. Howe
5. Pep/Klopp
6. Lage
7. Moyes

Vieria would be under that group
Moyes stiff at 7 IMO, definitely above Lage for me.

Don't think you can judge Klopp winning the CL as part of your rankings then.

Should be PL only IMO.

Moyes still ahead of Lage though for me regardless.
Winning a CL and 2 domestic trophies is harder to ignore than making a second tier European semi final. Even if the criteria was just PL related a quadruple or domestic treble couldn't be ignored. And Liverpool even just winning the league with their finances compared to city, Chelsea and United is enough for Klopp to win it.

West Ham are where they should be, higher wage bill than Spurs and Leicester. Wolves wage bill below both Southampton and Villa and look where they are

Cant argue with the numbers ;)

Yeah you really can because looking at expected league position just purely on wage bill is a ******* moronic and simplistic way of doing it.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back