List Mgmt. 2022 List Management: Draft, Trade and FA

Status
Not open for further replies.

Polo342

Club Legend
Nov 1, 2020
AFL Club
Fremantle
Tell ya what if Luke Jackson is indeed coming back to Perth. Is he lowering what he is worth at the moment for us? Today and last few weeks haven't been that impressive

Feb 11, 2011
pakenham
AFL Club
Fremantle
Ellis is a pretty decent player to let go but otherwise agree.

We’ve also got to look at retirements and delistings. I’m sure Melbourne would’ve loved to have given Jones and Vendenberg another year but the salary cap made that too difficult.

For us Nathan Wilson is someone that probably won’t get another deal. Mundy won’t play forever either - he might play next year but every season he plays on the less likely he is going to the season after. Doubt Hamling gets another deal at the end of 2023 either. There’s a bit of salary cap space right there.
Hamling we can either retire him and put him on the rookie draft. Half of his wage is against the cap. 50% savings. Or we can trade him for nothing but a good a salary cap dump. Or we trade him and paying 50% and get a decent pick or player.

Docker82

Norm Smith Medallist
Jun 21, 2013
Perth
AFL Club
Fremantle
McQuilkin should be on an AFL list too. He and Florenca looked more AFL talent than any of the Freo listed Peel players today.

Not impressed by McQuilkin tbh. I think he’s a poor kick.

Florenca looks very very good though.

I personally expect most of the top five in the MSD to be 19 year olds. Florenca is one that could break into that range though.

Dockeroo

Norm Smith Medallist
Nov 1, 2019
AFL Club
Fremantle
Not impressed by McQuilkin tbh. I think he’s a poor kick.

Florenca looks very very good though.

I personally expect most of the top five in the MSD to be 19 year olds. Florenca is one that could break into that range though.
I would love us to just take one of the best WAFL players. Recently they never seem to disappoint when added to AFL lists

Docker82

Norm Smith Medallist
Jun 21, 2013
Perth
AFL Club
Fremantle
Kane Mitchell?

People only remember the good ones not the guys that barely play any games at all.

For every WAFL gun that makes it they’d be 4-5 guys this board talks up as guns only for them to either not be drafted at all (mostly) or be sh**e when they do.

Dockeroo

Norm Smith Medallist
Nov 1, 2019
AFL Club
Fremantle
Alec waterman
Marlion pickett
Tim Kelly
Nic martin
Connor West
Liam Ryan

Just a few of the more recent WAFL draftees to look comfortable or better at AFL level.
Could add Florenca too most likely.

Docker82

Norm Smith Medallist
Jun 21, 2013
Perth
AFL Club
Fremantle
Alec waterman
Marlion pickett
Tim Kelly
Nic martin
Connor West
Liam Ryan

Just a few of the more recent WAFL draftees to look comfortable or better at AFL level.
Could add Florenca too most likely.

Not all of these guys were WAFL stars. Also I don’t rate Connor West at all. He’s a very poor kick - isn’t much different to Taylor’s example Kane Mitchell imo.

Anyway Martin was a 19/20 on the fringes of Subiaco’s team early last season. I think he even played some games in the reserves. I was following his progress and watching him a bit. His input at AFL level has been somewhat surprising because he didn’t often have big games at WAFL level. What I saw though was speed and skill that most 190cm players don’t have. He was my choice for Worner’s rookie spot - I’m sure if anyone could be bothered they’d be able to find posts where I said that in last years thread. He was far from a WAFL superstar though.

Of the over 23s in the WAFL reasonably confident only Florenca and Rogers are good enough at this stage. Schlenslog also maybe - he’s a little younger though. There may also be a few more Martins running around that aren’t really WAFL superstars but have genuine AFL attributes. I liked what I saw from Ty Anderson tbh.

Docker82

Norm Smith Medallist
Jun 21, 2013
Perth
AFL Club
Fremantle
Any chance we can snare Florenca in the mid season draft?

On SM-G991B using BigFooty.com mobile app

It’s an interesting one if he’s available (which I don’t think he will be). We clearly have more pressing needs than inside mid like:
  • ruck/forward (someone to develop to replace Lobb eventually)
  • medium forward (someone of in between height as we have some talls and smalls on the list but little in between)
  • ruck (insurance in case Meek leaves)

The first two are probably considerations for earlier picks in the National Draft too.

Anyway it’d be a toss up between needs and drafting a player that is realistically a much higher chance of at least moderate success.

Dump Truck

Club Legend
Aug 18, 2009
AFL Club
Fremantle
Other Teams
Tottenham Hotspur
Not all of these guys were WAFL stars. Also I don’t rate Connor West at all. He’s a very poor kick - isn’t much different to Taylor’s example Kane Mitchell imo.

Anyway Martin was a 19/20 on the fringes of Subiaco’s team early last season. I think he even played some games in the reserves. I was following his progress and watching him a bit. His input at AFL level has been somewhat surprising because he didn’t often have big games at WAFL level. What I saw though was speed and skill that most 190cm players don’t have. He was my choice for Worner’s rookie spot - I’m sure if anyone could be bothered they’d be able to find posts where I said that in last years thread. He was far from a WAFL superstar though.

Of the over 23s in the WAFL reasonably confident only Florenca and Rogers are good enough at this stage. Schlenslog also maybe - he’s a little younger though. There may also be a few more Martins running around that aren’t really WAFL superstars but have genuine AFL attributes. I liked what I saw from Ty Anderson tbh.
Do you think Jack Mayo has a chance? I haven't watched a lot of him but seems like a type that could transition to AFL ok similar to Martin.

Docker82

Norm Smith Medallist
Jun 21, 2013
Perth
AFL Club
Fremantle
Do you think Jack Mayo has a chance? I haven't watched a lot of him but seems like a type that could transition to AFL ok similar to Martin.

Hasn’t played this season and probably won’t. Has done his ACL.

Was previously on St Kilda’s rookie list (MSD 2019). Can’t say I watched him overly closely last year.

Dayts

Club Legend
Jul 31, 2020
AFL Club
Fremantle
Optimistically always thought pick 10 was what we would end up with.
Pick 10 and a future first overs for a “potential” talent in Jackson ?
Or pay up for Gussy and hope for a gem at 10?
Personally think we’re in a position to compete, and adding more youth seems excessive atm. Seeing as a few of our top picks already can’t get a game.
Would rather see the pick used to get a established player in the door

Optimistically always thought pick 10 was what we would end up with.
Pick 10 and a future first overs for a “potential” talent in Jackson ?
Or pay up for Gussy and hope for a gem at 10?
Personally think we’re in a position to compete, and adding more youth seems excessive atm. Seeing as a few of our top picks already can’t get a game.
Would rather see the pick used to get a established player in the door
Zurhaar seems more important to me every week that goes by

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back