Autopsy Round 10 vs Bulldogs, Mars Stadium, Saturday 21st May, 1:45pm AEST

Remove this Banner Ad

Agree they're asking a lot of him, but let's not forget this is really only his second year-he had a full year out
That was his 27th game of AFL footy
Noah is a year advanced on him
Calls to drop him are ridiculous
I definitely wouldn't drop him - just release him to a more outside mid role for a bit. No doubting his drive and intent but he's just getting smashed too much.

Sounds like we were trying to work a way a way to get him in the mid season draft but the rules won't allow. Carlton also believe they should be compensated if he goes somewhere next year.
Carlton can have what they were offering for Martin
It's probably still pinned to a whiteboard in the list managers office somewhere gathering dust with all the other worthless stuff

Carlton can have what they were offering for Martin
It's probably still pinned to a whiteboard in the list managers office somewhere gathering dust with all the other worthless stuff
We wouldn’t be paying them anything surely.
He’d get some AFL compensation you’d think?
AFL can chuck them a 3rd round pick for all I care.

Did anyone see Beveridge's post match presser?
I've always thought he was pretty straight up but this year.Wow!
His crazy internet conspiracy guy persona obviously popped out and he started talking in tongues about shooters on the Mars stadium grassy knoll(well I guess at least there is one there) and needing mysterious "reviews of the tape" to explain why Naughton didn't kick 20 goals yesterday
Idiot obviously forgot to take his meds before the game which he was probably prescribed after the Tom Morris outburst early season
I'm sure when he was tucking Naughts into bed last night he whispered
"Daddy Luke's going to make sure the nasty men don't scrag you anymore sweetie"

His crazy internet conspiracy guy persona obviously popped out and he started talking in tongues about shooters on the Mars stadium grassy knoll(well I guess at least there is one there) and needing mysterious "reviews of the tape" to explain why Naughton didn't kick 20 goals yesterday
Idiot obviously forgot to take his meds before the game which he was probably prescribed after the Tom Morris outburst early season
Yeah he gives me weirdo vibes

Yeah, crazy a bit. And also offensive starting s**t about opposition like this as his team will not do whatever it takes to win. Every time I see WB players get away with their handballing I just shake my head.

Although disappointing to lose not entirely upset fought all day to hang in there and not get blown away..

losing farrar was huge he was still in the top few possessions going into the last quarter

Bulldogs ability to read Witts hand and move the ball out of the middle quickly was what ultimately cost us

Swallow went hard all day from the first bounce

Onward and upward

Hard to win when the midfield group (Witts, Touk, Ando, Rowell, Swallow, Fiorini, and Ellis) can't win much football and then can't stop the oppo spread. An out of character low impact game from the group as a whole, although Swallow was good.

Another negative was the halfback line of the Dogs beating us in the air, especially Ed Richards with 4 contested marks. We go alright up forward when the ball hits the ground, got to fix that up (or always play when it is wet and/or slippery).

But in this game and the Giants game our midfield failed, so team played well given that.

Also, Ainsworth and Rankine playing a hard position very well atm.

Although disappointing to lose not entirely upset fought all day to hang in there and not get blown away..

losing farrar was huge he was still in the top few possessions going into the last quarter

Bulldogs ability to read Witts hand and move the ball out of the middle quickly was what ultimately cost us

Swallow went hard all day from the first bounce

Onward and upward
It was very frustrating to see Bulldogs midfielders swooping on us when we touched the ball first. We should be able to adjust faster.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

It was very frustrating to see Bulldogs midfielders swooping on us when we touched the ball first. We should be able to adjust faster.

I just watched some of the game on foxtel mini and them forcing us to play on too quickly a lot of the time caused a lot of panicked mistakes and their game smarts from a strong system just able to capitalise from it..

yes they had a lot of shots for goal but our ability to keep the pressure on them to force inaccuracy shouldn’t go unnoticed.. those couple of easy goals for them at the very end of the game makes the result look worse than it was 7/8 point loss would’ve looked a lot better than 19

I just watched some of the game on foxtel mini and them forcing us to play on too quickly a lot of the time caused a lot of panicked mistakes and their game smarts from a strong system just able to capitalise from it..

yes they had a lot of shots for goal but our ability to keep the pressure on them to force inaccuracy shouldn’t go unnoticed.. those couple of easy goals for them at the very end of the game makes the result look worse than it was 7/8 point loss would’ve looked a lot better than 19
Not shame losing to Bulldogs they played well and have a great midfield but by re-watching last quarter we were close snatching W despite all shortcomings.

Although we lost, I'm not unhappy about this game. The boys are really personifying the 'Never Say Die' lyrics from our club song - they never gave up and even with less than two minutes to go we were still a chance. They fought hard all day and you have to commend that because most young teams just roll over in a situation like that. I think the boys will take a lot of learnings from the game and understand the necessity to have more than one avenue to goal in a game like that.

The emergence of Joel Jeffrey was very exciting to see. Casboult and Chol were taken care of by their key defenders but it felt like they had no answer for our third tall in Jeffrey. Something I feared earlier this season was how would we stay in games if Casboult and Chol had a quiet day but I got my answer yesterday with Jeffrey. Very excited to see what he can do in Darwin over the next two weeks!

This loss feels very different to the Collingwood one. The boys can hold their head high today knowing they gave themselves every chance to win despite several things going against them. Now it's time to take care of the Hawks in Darwin!

Remove this Banner Ad

Back