Review Dees v Norf - the Good, Bad & Fugly in the Quest for 10-0

Remove this Banner Ad

I know it's only because Gawn is carrying something but Jackson getting more responsibility in the ruck is awesome. Loves tapping it to himself and releasing to our mids to get it out the front.

He was good yesterday, surprised no one else has put him in their votes other than me, one of the few bloke who brought the required intensity from start to finish. Lots of good second and third efforts, made some ripping tackles.

I did my part yesterday for the United Party, shoved flyers down peoples jackets who refused to take one and got in a couple of punch ups with the rowdy people who didnt appreciate it. Nice warm up for today when Theseventhhamster and me get down to business.
Thought I saw you in the news

1653179876691.png

He was good yesterday, surprised no one else has put him in their votes other than me, one of the few bloke who brought the required intensity from start to finish. Lots of good second and third efforts, made some ripping tackles.
Truthfully I could barely watch lol

Hes a depth midfielder for Viney. His job is to get it and give it to the better players which sure he missed some handballs but he did his role. He's gonna be in the reserves if we don't have injuries. I don't see the need to kick a bloke who's filling in a role that can't be done by anyone else in our reserves.
2021 Angus says hi.

Last edited:
Hes a bloody good player, but yeah, for a bloody good player he is the worst kick of them
He’s a better comparison for Dangerfield, but he plays like Dusty during the finals

Nah *******s give a bloke s**t for bad disposal efficiency in his first game back. Most here can't look past what they're told to think by the commentators. Have a look at the rubbish Gus and Trac served up. Brown was crap. Sparrows regressed. Kicking a role player for missing a couple handballs is laughable.
20 touches, a goal, 6 tackles, 7 clearances. I thought Sparrow played a pretty thankless role in the team about as well as he could.

Good: telling the North supporters around me before the game that Ben Brown was their greatest ever player followed by Wayne Carey and Jason Horne-Francis.

Priceless: their reactions.

Bad: how s**t Ben Brown played.

Fugly: the game and Marvel. What a shithole.

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com

Marvel is such a stain of a stadium. Arrived at quarter time due to a family function. Main entrance and ticketing only open for wheelchair access. Luckily for the disabled they'd created a giant maze of crowd control barriers to help them access the stadium.

Lady working there said we needed to go to Gate 8 and pointed us in the direction that had us walking nearly a full lap of the stadium. This was the only place you could buy a ticket. Despite a crowd short of 14k the security were very careful not to let anyone with GA access a half decent seat. Wouldn't want to make the crowd look better on TV or anything. Walking around the stadium, jesus what an eyesore. Ugliest concourse ever. Docklands in general is such a s**t part of the city.

It is so hard to adjust to this new reality of superiority after decades of being other team’s roadkill on their way to glory. Enjoy every moment methinks.
Oliver just wow again, run out of superlatives for him as a player.
As mentioned in earlier post, bit concerned by Trac, been down on haunches last couple of weeks at different stages, hope he is ok.
‘Tis fun this winning thing.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Really good point made by May in the post match club interview that this is the sort of game we could have lost this year. Made a reference to the Adelaide game where the oppo plays out of their skin

These results are torture to watch but we've rarely played teams that have gone missing for the majority of the game. Being hunted and responding with an elevation in pressure and ability to pile on a score is textbook finals football.

Still think there's a game in us where everything clicks inside 50 and we have a day out but it wont be necessary to go deep into this year

Was nice to see Level get a bit more confidence in his game too, thought he was a bit cleaner that other is the backline who had a touch of the fumbles

Just watching the replay of the first quarter. Rivers goal is such a bloody joke. North player got 50 paid against just for looking at the umpire after the free was paid.

Na, he got it for "wasting time" and throwing the ball back high. :$

Gotta give Elani some credit, easily the best ump yesterday out of the three, well done Elani for not being a whistle happy **** like the men.

She can bounce the ball better then Razor Ray . Its hilarious .

And Caro was making the argument the other week on classified that we should ban the bounce coz women umps cant do it.

Interesting that squiggle has Geelong as our main challenger, Brisbane nowhere near a past premiership winning side, Carlton pretty much dismissed.

Screen Shot 2022-05-22 at 3.20.12 pm.png

Last edited:
Interesting that squiggle has Geelong as our main challenger, Brisbane and nowhere near a past premiership winning side, Carlton pretty much dismissed.

View attachment 1406455
Pretty cool we're basically even with the best attacking sides and apart from Freo we're demolishing every other team on defence.

Pretty cool we're basically even with the best attacking sides and apart from Freo we're demolishing every other team on defence.

Its pretty much all over.

Had a look for comparison and West Coast are worse than we were in 2012 & 2013 :$

Incredible:

I love Clayton Oliver. I was this close to voting for him in Higgins. Absolute freak.

Not great:

Otherwise that was a pretty s**t watch. It’s clearly the go for poor teams to scrag it up and attempt to bring the game down to a s**t level.

Awesome:

Change of government, even without Clarry in it, this has come as a relief. Overall a decent night and me and my berocca are having an ordinary morning
PG, that hand-raising gesture he made in the GF after that "Fist of God" goal is something that will stay with me until my last breath.

Decent win, not exciting but good enough. Norths accuracy vs our inaccuracy made it closer than it could have been. North did a heap of chipping around in the back half but did struggle to get it through the zone for the most part. Would like the forward line to function better, entries weren't great but seemed like Brown & TMac (benefitted from some lucky free kicks) were mostly beaten by Walker & Corr who aren't exactly world beaters.

Interesting to see what we do if Langdon misses, Melksham did some ok things after moving to the wing (was completely unsighted to that point), but probably didn't do enough to justify a spot there going forward, even if Langdon is out for a while. Gus back to the wing? Tomlinson? Baker? Laurie?

It was quite noticeable at the ground that Bedford was unsure where to position when North had the ball, could hear him receiving a lot of instruction from teammates thanks to the lack of crowd noise. Not sure if Bedford specifically is good enough, but do think it shows the value of getting games into some of these younger players, just to learn and adapt to the system at AFL level if we need to call on them later.

Clarry was awesome.

It was quite noticeable at the ground that Bedford was unsure where to position when North had the ball, could hear him receiving a lot of instruction from teammates thanks to the lack of crowd noise. .

Good hear this, the observation I made just from watching the telly was that he was running round like a headless chook.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back