Not open for further replies.

Great8

Brownlow Medallist
Apr 19, 2015
AFL Club
Essendon
Other Teams
Manchester United, Juventus,
Don’t think you will see too many sides play worse in ET then the garbage United put up.
Result didn’t shock me though as you reap what you sow when you spend a fraction of what City do

Jul 25, 2019
AFL Club
Carlton
Other Teams
Leeds United
Good game Adelaide, no shame losing to arguably the most talented and loaded team in A League, no if not Australian Football History. You will be back next season, much respect to how your Reds played this season, tough, annoying lads who never gave an inch

All our years of strategic youth development and recruitment has paid off, we are the now the measuring stick of how all A League clubs should operate (and spate me this oil money crap in a Salary Cap, most of the CFG's money has gone on to improving training facilities and base, especially for our Women's Team and Juniors)

Invest in strong infrastructure and development like we have, especially with youth, and everything does really come up Milhouse

🎶OLE OLE, OLE OLE, WE ARE MELBOURNE WE ARE CITY🎶
wipes tears from eyea

craigos

Brownlow Medallist
Sep 2, 2014
AFL Club
Hawthorn
Other Teams
Liverpool
What did everyone think of the 2 leg play off? I didn't mind it to be honest. Will reserve proper judgement until we have a season where it wasn't as disrupted.

Hopefully there's a decent turn out and Western can get a win to try and get that club going.

What did everyone think of the 2 leg play off? I didn't mind it to be honest. Will reserve proper judgement until we have a season where it wasn't as disrupted.

Hopefully there's a decent turn out and Western can get a win to try and get that club going.

Yeah loved them. Think it's a great initiative as it puts so much interest on the games with each side getting a home leg to try to win it.

Jul 5, 2011
Melbourne
AFL Club
Geelong
Other Teams
Victory,Napoli,Liverpool,Penguins
Don’t think you will see too many sides play worse in ET then the garbage United put up.
Result didn’t shock me though as you reap what you sow when you spend a fraction of what City do

I couldn't agree more watching, Did Adelaide even have a shot on target in ET? Pretty much seemed all the Adelaide players did was foul City players in that second half of ET which just played in City's hands to slow the game down, very bizarre.

Great8

Brownlow Medallist
Apr 19, 2015
AFL Club
Essendon
Other Teams
Manchester United, Juventus,
I couldn't agree more watching, Did Adelaide even have a shot on target in ET? Pretty much seemed all the Adelaide players did was foul City players in that second half of ET which just played in City's hands to slow the game down, very bizarre.
Was woeful. Put blokes on with pace and instead of playing to their strengths they resorted to fouls and the occasional long ball. Best chance was Goodwins shot on his left

Jul 5, 2011
Melbourne
AFL Club
Geelong
Other Teams

I really enjoyed it! adds another dynamic to the finals. Would have been better if the first leg where not played midweek but I could understand for this season through.

It's a Grand Final they always sell out! If Perth can sell out Optus stadium I'm sure Western and City can find enough fans to fill AAMI Park.

May 2, 2011
MacDonald Park
AFL Club
Port Adelaide
Other Teams
AUFC, CDFC, MUFC, Redbacks

Was ok apart from the away goal rule being scrapped

Jul 25, 2019
AFL Club
Carlton
Other Teams
Leeds United

I thought Adelaide played better than you thought, but was on edge all game at AAMI Park.

They certainly gave a better account of themselves than The Vuck last night at any rate.

They had a magnificent season nonetheless and should get congratulated for that (cold comfort for their fans now)

I think City will win next week, but we definitely are nowhere near as strong or good as last season which I find a bit frustrating (but that clump of so many Asian Champions League games didn't help either)

Had a minor disagreement with a fellow City fan this afternoon about Kisnorbo and his behaviour and encouraging and critical hollering sideline bellowing to his players

I actually love it and feel like it does lift the boys (results don't lie so far)

I like managers who are passionate and proactive on the sidelines.

Jul 5, 2011
Melbourne
AFL Club
Geelong
Other Teams
I thought Adelaide played better than you thought, but was on edge all game at AAMI Park.

They certainly gave a better account of themselves than The Vuck last night at any rate.

They had a magnificent season nonetheless and should get congratulated for that (cold comfort for their fans now)

I think City will win next week, but we definitely are nowhere near as strong or good as last season which I find a bit frustrating (but that clump of so many Asian Champions League games didn't help either)

Had a minor disagreement with a fellow City fan this afternoon about Kisnorbo and his behaviour and encouraging and critical hollering sideline bellowing to his players

I actually love it and feel like it does lift the boys (results don't lie so far)

I like managers who are passionate and proactive on the sidelines.

Unless his name is Kevin Muscat?

Jul 25, 2019
AFL Club
Carlton
Other Teams
Leeds United
Unless his name is Kevin Muscat?

The only (and it was a big one I admit) with Kevin Muscat was when he broken Adrian Zahra's leg (and thus ruining any chance he had of being a very good player at the highest/A League level).

He clearly is a decent manager who gets results (doing well in the J-League) but it's hard to respect a bloke like that who hacked players as a player himself.

craigos

Brownlow Medallist
Sep 2, 2014
AFL Club
Hawthorn
Other Teams
Liverpool
AAMI Park should be pumping. It's the perfect venue for this game. I hope they give away tickets to school kids and their families or do whatever it takes to make it a full house.

I hope it's a cracker and whilst I'm down it isn't Victory we need these two clubs to start to get larger followings, and quick.

Jul 5, 2011
Melbourne
AFL Club
Geelong
Other Teams
AAMI Park should be pumping. It's the perfect venue for this game. I hope they give away tickets to school kids and their families or do whatever it takes to make it a full house.

I hope it's a cracker and whilst I'm down it isn't Victory we need these two clubs to start to get larger followings, and quick.

They'll get it close to a sell out at the very least (other then the past two seasons which have had crowd caps) all the other A-League Grand Finals have been a sell out or either close to one.

AJ_2000

Norm Smith Medallist
Mar 10, 2007
Right Here.... Right Now.
AFL Club
Essendon
Other Teams
Houston Roughnecks

They can add to the drama with the first leg (WU Victory was a classic set up with the 1-0 lead), or just extra filling (City V AU).

I think finals just dial up the drama so it's worth going again next year.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back