Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.

Nordland

Cancelled
May 14, 2022
AFL Club
North Melbourne
But I don’t have him in the team as a defender. What’s your point?

He’s in my team in place of any one of those spuds. The defence call is irrelevant. Who gives a f*** who he replaces
Cue hilarity. Put the guy with no defensive side in as a defender. Righto……

Waussie

Premiership Player
Nov 26, 2017
AFL Club
North Melbourne
But I don’t have him in the team as a defender. What’s your point?

He’s in my team in place of any one of those spuds. The defence call is irrelevant. Who gives a f*** who he replaces
So your "spuds" are all defenders.
What would you have him in as, because at the moment he isn't even performing in his natural role?
Any player that just stands around looking disinterested when the balls not in his hands needs a rest. He was seen doing that multiple times during the last coue of games, if he's not prepared to work for the ball he's a liability.

Cue hilarity. Put the guy with no defensive side in as a defender. Righto……
What the f*** are you on about? Again I never stated he should he in the side as a defender. He deserves his place ahead of the few I mentioned. What’s so hard to understand
So your "spuds" are all defenders.
What would you have him in as, because at the moment he isn't even performing in his natural role?
Any player that just stands around looking disinterested when the balls not in his hands needs a rest. He was seen doing that multiple times during the last coue of games, if he's not prepared to work for the ball he's a liability.
Waussie he has attributes that far outweigh anything those I mentioned have and he’s not going to learn anything by being dropped during a bye round. Like I said considering other senior players have done much of the same or much less, his omission from the side doesn’t seem right.

Waussie

Premiership Player
Nov 26, 2017
AFL Club
North Melbourne
What the f*** are you on about? Again I never stated he should he in the side as a defender. He deserves his place ahead of the few I mentioned. What’s so hard to understand

Waussie he has attributes that far outweigh anything those I mentioned have and he’s not going to learn anything by being dropped during a bye round. Like I said considering other senior players have done much of the same or much less, his omission from the side doesn’t seem right.
He'll learn that being lazy and selfish won't cut it. I agree, there's quite a few that could do with a rest, but we don't have the luxury of dropping them all.
Do we know whether he has that same approach at training.
Clearly it's a discipline decision, so the balls in his court.
BTW, why is it some feel the need to call some players names to justify their argument, spud footballer's don't usually make it to AFL level.

I’m not here to pick on Ronny but he and Greenwood were not AFL quality today.
Stephenson would have excelled today with some grunt back in the middle.
Might have even meant Jy stopped hacking it out of the middle.

But ‘Stephenson can’t play as a defender bro’ 👍🏼

This is just for you the Ziebull

The latest with Alex's contract status: Freo have been a little "lazy/slow" in regards to the negotiation table. They are still at the "on going" status, while that is happening, Carlton, Collingwood and Richmond circle.
Good to see our recruiting team and Brady asleep at the table

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Mr Lloyd Christmas

Premiership Player
May 5, 2022
AFL Club
North Melbourne
Frankly the discussion on Pearce is irrelevant.

He doesn't fit our age profile (28 in June next year) so he can do what he wants, as long as it isn't coming to North.

Jul 26, 2007
The Tree
AFL Club
North Melbourne
Other Teams
Arsenal, Coney Island Warriors
Frankly the discussion of whether we should get Pearce.........or Pearce doesn't want us is irrelevant.

He doesn't fit our age profile (28 in June next year) so he can do what he wants, as long as it isn't coming to North.

I'd argue guys 28 mid next year are perfectly in our age profile. It's the biggest gap we have.

Mr Lloyd Christmas

Premiership Player
May 5, 2022
AFL Club
North Melbourne
I'd argue guys 28 mid next year are perfectly in our age profile. It's the biggest gap we have.

Nope. Not paying huge $$ for guys on their way down and not that great anyway. (agree on our gap but paying overs for guys looking for a pay day Polec style doesn't fix that - someone younger and equally talented yes sure, i'd agree go for it)

I'd much rather hit the draft or young KPD's in the system, and back our system and chase genuine elite FA players.

Jul 26, 2007
The Tree
AFL Club
North Melbourne
Other Teams
Nope. Not paying huge $$ for guys on their way down. (agree on our gap but paying overs for guys on the way down doesn't fix that - someone like Balta yes i'd agree)

He will just take up a spot. I'd much rather hit the draft or young KPD's in the system and back our system.

The problem is part of the reason we're getting smashed is the lost drafts that left us threadbare for 25-28 year olds. The more guys like Goldstein and Ziebell drop off we're going to need to be bringing in mature bodies to help the kids through.

A guy 27 years old starting a season is essentially in his prime. I'm not talking Pearce specifically because if BoomerRoo says he hates us, he hates us, but we're going to really be looking at this age group in the coming seasons.

Mr Lloyd Christmas

Premiership Player
May 5, 2022
AFL Club
North Melbourne
The problem is part of the reason we're getting smashed is the lost drafts that left us threadbare for 25-28 year olds. The more guys like Goldstein and Ziebell drop off we're going to need to be bringing in mature bodies to help the kids through.

A guy 27 years old starting a season is essentially in his prime. I'm not talking Pearce specifically because if BoomerRoo says he hates us, he hates us, but we're going to really be looking at this age group in the coming seasons.

I don't entirely disagree with what you are saying.

It's a huge gap. (understatement)

However I feel that horse has bolted and we need the NEXT group of players to fill that gap and keep bringing in young talent, from draft and trading etc, than think someone like Pearce will make any difference to our results.

Do we need him now to be more competitive? Absolutely.

But we are way off being finals quality so by then he will be near finished anyway, so I'd rather invest elsewhere.

You are entitled to your opinion TFW, all good.

Jul 26, 2007
The Tree
AFL Club
North Melbourne
Other Teams
I believe it has something to do with his dad hating Wayne Carey and the result from the 1999 GF, kids are impressionable at a young age :laughing:

Is he Brad's boy?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back